or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Nope.Pagerank has been replaced with another patent or two issued a couple years ago, and like the original Pagerank patents aren't owned by Google anyway. BTW the original PageRank patents were opened to anyone to license back in 2012. Google has no exclusive to them. I think I've mentioned that to you before.http://www.seobythesea.com/2012/03/new-pagerank-same-as-old-pagerank/Further Google themselves appear to be moving away from PageRank and may instead be using this...
On the subject of Intel and Atom this is a techie-cool product just announced. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html "Compute when, where, and how you want The Intel® Compute Stick is a new generation compute-on-a-stick device that’s ready-to-go out-of–the-box and offers the performance, quality, and value you expect from Intel. Pre-installed with Windows 8.1* or Linux, get a complete experience on an ultra-small, power-efficient...
Probably so. A few other Android licensees like Sony are moving in the same direction now.
Not that it matters all that much but for the sake of accuracy Android 5.0 was released slightly more than a month ago. You're probably confusing the official reveal which was a few weeks earlier.
but...but...Android again?There's one vendor who seems to get it right and that's Motorola. Their Moto X, G and E received Android 5.x already and in some cases before even the Nexus models. How? They stay close to stock Android so not much needed in adjustments once the code from Google arrives.
You do research things before you state them as fact, right? Sometimes, and admittedly rarely, it looks like you don't."Apps get full SD card accessYou might have noticed starting with Android KitKat that there were some changes to how apps could access different areas of a device's storage, particularly an inserted microSD card. Developers complained about these restrictions, and Google responded in Lollipop by more or less completely opening access to inserted memory...
Google Android has not dropped SD card support, a fact I suspect Mr Dilger was well aware of when he wrote this piece.On the contrary Android Lollipop has significantly enhanced SD card security while improving usability. Of course if the author had mentioned this it would have been one less FUD-fueled talking...
I thought the lawsuit was over the undisclosed extra (and significant) headroom needed when users upgraded from iOS7 to iOS8?
You didn't read the article did you.
Am I reading the lawsuit correctly that it's more about the lack of disclosure that upgrading from iOS7 to 8 is going to reduce the available storage by a significant amount on users 16GB iPhones?EDIT: Yes, that appears to be the case. It's not that the plaintiffs were unaware that an OS eats up some of the stated storage capacity. It's that they did not expect iOS8 to take yet another 20% plus of their available storage when they upgraded from their original iOS7, nor did...