or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

I assume you refer to "Do Not Track". Seems most large search providers ingore it including Bing and Yahoo. There is no actual benefit from Do Not Track user settings for frequent web travelers, nor have any companies been successfully sued for ignoring it AFAIK. In fact I'd guess it's ignored more often than honored.Those that think Google was sued by the FTC for ignoring it are mistaken. They got dinged for the incorrect advice they offered Safari users. Still I don't...
Only somewhat related and I don't know what it might lead to but Nokia is forging a special relationship with Samsung and their mobile devices. Personally I think they'll form a strategic partnership at some point as there's clear benefits to both by doing so. Sammy has hardware and production strengths and Nokia still controls a heapin helpin of IP. MS might have bought rights to certain IP when they bought Nokia's hardware but actual IP ownership, licensing and...
Goldmine for advertisers? How about the financial windfall for insurers and credit providers, the money guys. Indications of potential heart issues even tho no doctor has diagnosed it? Borderline high blood pressure showing? Your credit card/loan providers would dearly love to get early word on that, and so would insurers.Thank goodness we have HIPPA. Even my daughter couldn't pick up CT-scan disc for me without my written and witnessed OK. The health providers know how...
Based on this Google developers blog that would not be the correct way. Target the latest API version but support older ones.http://developer.android.com/training/basics/supporting-devices/platforms.html
It does appear Apple forgot to cite them as prior art when they filed for their patent three years later. They don't list Santambrogiomlano.
"Each successive version of the Android platform can include updates to the Android application framework API that it delivers.Updates to the framework API are designed so that the new API remains compatible with earlier versions of the API. That is, most changes in the API are additive and introduce new or replacement functionality. As parts of the API are upgraded, the older replaced parts are deprecated but are not removed, so that existing applications can still use...
Moto has had engineers working on a "smartwatch" for quite a long time. A quote from an Engadget article over 6 years ago."Motorola has decided that monitoring vital signs via a Bluetooth headset and watch-like device combo and a new iteration of its S9 headset is where it's at. The headset -- and watch? -- will apparently gather data like heart rate, body temperature, and such, zap it to your headset and on to a server for further processing."Related article...
If you take a few minutes to read the ruling, or just a single minute if the last page summation is good enough, it explains why the injunction was denied. Four factors {the eBay factors) need to be met. Apple was close, just not close enough.
Moto has been staying pretty close to stock, a major reason for their recent exceptionally fast updates, lagging the Nexus by only a couple of weeks. with the previous Moto X. Their other advantage?" Updating Moto specific apps via Google Play, decoupling them from the OS and allowing for more frequent feature improvements.
shaking my head