or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Read the link. Even easier for you might be read Apple's 10-K's where they note they do provide for tax liabilities on profits that may (but have not to date) be repatriated "aside from undistributed earnings of certain of the company’s foreign subsidiaries that are intended to be indefinitely reinvested in operations outside the US”In other words those profits held by their foreign subsidiaries are not included in the figures you are citing unless Apple planned to bring...
Have a read thru this sir which explains why what you THINK Apple is paying percentage-wise in taxes is not entirely accurate. As an accountant yourself you should have no trouble following it.http://taxprof.typepad.com/files/134tn0777.pdf
Like this one right?http://www.tax-news.com/news/Apple_Pays_Less_Than_2_Tax_On_NonUS_Earnings____58140.htmlIt doesn't make it evil. Tax avoidance is used throughout business all over the world. But facts are facts sir and made up stuff is still made up.
Huh. I'm just as sure that you're wrong. One cite from an overwhelmingly pro-Apple blog:http://www.imore.com/apple-paying-less-2-tax-overseas-profits-billions
That's also misleading according to tax analysts who peg it closer to 15%. Apple doesn't report it's overseas profits in the same manner as most companies according to accounting professionals.
What??I swear you make this stuff up as you go along and think no one will notice. Have you actually looked at Google's Consolidated Balance Sheet? Nope, not if you're claiming they don't account for deferred tax liabilities. I think you said you were an accountant did you not? Any good accountant should be familiar with FAS 109.Accurately reporting deferred tax liabilities is a requirement which all publicly traded companies including Google adhere to or risk a lawsuit...
Sure about that? There's evidence Apple paid less than 2% on the bulk of it, and that's an average. Some of it has never had a penny of income tax paid on it. To be fair Apple isn't the only one but there's nowhere that I see validated claims of Apple paying 20% on average on it's overseas profits. But perhaps you have the citations.
Here's where things get muddy tho. Did you know that Acxiom, the planet's biggest data aggregator and seller of personal data works with Apple and iAd to more effectively identify and target specific Apple customers? I only recently became aware of it myself and you will never see Apple mention it IMHO for obvious reasons.So yes iAd marketers may know exactly who you are, your real name, your exact address, phone number and email, family demographics and medical and/or...
What he factually said is accurate. In essence he talks about about "selling" user data from cloud storage and email, noting Apple doesn't do that. In fact the focus of his comments are often email/messages related. He doesn't say Apple doesn't monetize their users data, what we sometimes fondly call "you're the product". Why? Because it would not be true. Now if your takeaway from his press appearances is that Apple doesn't "sell you" there's no surprise. That's what he...
They already do. It's just an relatively insignificant amount of revenue they get from doing so at the moment. Doesn't mean they're not trying to do better. FWIW tho Apple is making strides in putting experienced ad people in place with recent new hires, working closer with advertisers to give them the information they want to better target Apple users, and putting iAds in more places with more eyeballs (and ears). IMO iAd is only going to get bigger and command more...