or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

I dunno about that. I remember a few times that both Mr. Jobs on stage and Mr. Shiller in twitter posts (think it was twitter anyway) have publicly acknowledged their competition with pointed jabs. That was just Steve Jobs character and part of what the public loved, but I've been a bit surprised by some of Schiller's comments giving attention to Android while sounding more like something we would expect from Ballmer IMO.What Apple has done a marvelous job with is giving...
In overall mobile phone market share I believe Motorola held the number two spot by quite a large percentage over Samsung, whose market share was falling, with Nokia #1 of course. In the smartphone category Samsung had an even worse showing, lumped into the "others" category". If you have something that disagrees and shows Samsung as more successful than any manufacturer other than Nokia at the time I wouldn't mind seeing it...
Apple's marketing research found there's no growth to speak of in smaller phones. The fastest growing segment is the 4.5" and up devices. I would imagine other manufactures would have come to the same conclusion in their market research. You'll see a few "minis", two recent ones from Samsung and HTC for instance, but it's just not where the big numbers are even according to Apple's own folks.
Nope. The Cydia folks may well have been influenced by the feature shown in an Android reveal several months earlier in Nov of 2007. The Cydia app you recall didn't come out until the following spring.
Was that ever confirmed to be the case? I've only seen the single report of it with no corroboration from elsewhere that they actually counted as tablets. Maybe they do, i dunno.
That wasn't any more true the first time someone used that as a rationale for Apple not suing Google. Sure didn't stop Oracle who expected to get a $billion+ from Google for patent infringement with several billion more for copyrights.Paying royalties to Apple? Hardly. The only one I can think of is HTC.No and no. Android may be open source but Google Android is not. Google files hundreds of patents each year, many specific to Google Android and still others related to...
Can't say I really disagree. Forrester Research, the chart provider, is often cited here at AI s proof of Apple's success or AI editor claims and no assurance they were any more or less accurate in those cases either. A lot of these "research" companies get cited as support for whatever point someone may be making at the moment and ignored when they don't. Whether a particular one should be believed may be more dependent on whether it supports a preconceived notion as much...
I don't remember what your thoughts were on Mueller. Objective? Biased? Shill? Clue me in. Perhaps you've been with me all along seeing him as shilling for both stated and unstated clients for the past few years?
You're preaching to the choir. I've consistently opined that Mueller has an agenda and perhaps driven by a contractual obligation. 'd be surprised if you hadn't noticed that for the past several years yourself. You really thought his previous to this month consistently and 100% anti-Google posts were logically sound and included all the pertinent facts? You should read some of my previous posts concerning where I thought he might have pledged his allegiance.What he's...
I don't know what to attribute it to but there's been at least two surveys lately showing Americans look more favorably on Samsung than Apple. This is one of them. I'll link the other when I stumble on it again.http://www.kellerfay.com/beyond-oscars-selfie-samsungs-chase-displace-apple-americas-talked-brand/Here's one from a few weeks ago that I hadn't seen before