or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Steve Jobs would be considered to have had a very unique personality. . .
LOL. . .
Mr Cook giving attention to competitors at his own developer's conference?? Why would Android enter into it at all? Seems un-Tim-like and unprofessional to me. I'd expect that type of message might come from an underling like Schiller (or someone like Ballmer) who's lobbed a few at competitors in the past, but surprising to see Cook feel Android needed to be addressed when introducing new Apple software.
There really isn't. Both platforms offer much the same now. Get a larger display on the iPhone and for a lot of buyers it will be a toss up.
An Android fan site praising Apple and iOS. Whoda thunk it?"...we are also capable of giving props when we see something cool or that we would like to see on Android at some point. I know, I know, you are probably wondering what I have been drinking over the last couple of hours, but hang with me for a second. You have to admit that Apple is really doing a great job at making all of the experiences seamless from iPhone to iPad to computer. They are also doing a pretty...
You're free and easy with calling other posters liars and not the first time you've stooped to character attacks either. I won't respond in kind.. Here's your evidence of "substantial new questions on patentability" and specifically referencing claim 8 (the supposed infringed claim) sir.http://www.scribd.com/doc/218949626/14-01-13-Apple-172-Autocomplete-Reexamination-Decision
There probably should be, It's amazing the regulars here who still misunderstand or at least feign to.
Motorola Mobility does not have a single new patent infringement lawsuit filed during Google's ownership AFAIK. So yes "as a rule". There is a single infringement case filed against British Telecom so it can't be claimed that Google never filed an offensive patent case. They did. . . once.
Have you checked to see if Apple is using any patented feature or method? On the contrary whether it was patented or not by Google they still wouldn't sue over it.It's way beyond reasonable to think that in 16 years no Google-owned patent has ever possibly been infringed, yet their total filed patent infringement cases in their entire company history total... one. And from last year. And not against any competitor. Use whatever explanation makes you happy. The fact is...
Again, what does it matter? If Apple and it's users see a value in widgets and "Hey Siri" and 3rd party keyboards then they should offer them. Seems an easy choice. Who cares if the idea came from elsewhere. You really think anyone other than a few fans of one OS or another is going to complain of having optional widgets, optional keyboards or being able to say "Hey Siri" to wake her up? Google ain't suing over any of it nor should anyone else. It all moves tech forward...