or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Example. Here is the pertinent data retention disclosure for the only company you imply doesn't store old customer communications and data:"Integrity and Retention of Personal InformationApple makes it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law." So...
In iOS 8 Apple added additional user tracking capabilities to assist advertisers, so they've started down the slope. The old "if you're not the customer you're the product" meme is going to have a very short shelf life.
How long do most companies keep data after you've deleted it? Is it ever really deleted from any company servers? Honest question for you Mel, but my personal answer would be no whether it's Google, Microsoft, Apple, or Facebook. I suspect there's always backups. In addition some of those companies I mentioned offer no indication of "what they know" or a method of correcting or deleting it AFAIK. Google at least makes an attempt at transparency which you should be...
Why? No one will use it (especially anyone here) because first they don't like being tracked for targeted ads, and secondly they don't like their personal data being collected for a user profile.
I agree.
The retailers and card providers never did really care what your CC number was. What they've really wanted is highly-granular customer data like where you were, for how long, where you went after that, and what you looked at all combined with pass-thru rates for pop-up ads and offers to rate their effectiveness. Between Apple Pay (and probably Google Wallet too) and in-store beacons they now have access to very personal customer data they've not easily been able to track...
I think it was meant as a joke since he hadn't made any comment yet in this thread.
So NOW you believe what I've written rather than those other sources you've been relying on.
Yeah, pretty surprising huh? Here's a simple straightforward article on how tap and pay is enabled on Android devices, and the requirements. In a nutshell NFC, a US SIM and Google Android 4.4. Screw the carriers, HCE goes right around 'em.http://www.androidcentral.com/using-tap-and-pay-google-wallet
Yes there is. Google Wallet already uses tokens, having moved to Host Card Emulation (HCE) several months ago. I'll try to clarify something that might be confusing some of those sources you're quoting.While Google Wallet definitely uses a secure transaction procedure, one devised and approved by the same folks who worked with Apple on their version of digital payments, tap and pay will no longer work on ALL Google Android devices because of it. That particular feature...