or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Design patents apply to very specific elements. Trade dress is the overall design, "appearances", and not necessarily protected by any specific patents. FWIW about $384M of the total judgement will likely be vacated, but that still leaves Sammy owing a pretty good bundle o' cash.The news that Apple probably likes more than anything is the denial of a retrial.
One of my first jobs was as a DJ. At our station both Friday evenings and Saturday mornings (my shift) were essentially "on-demand" with caller requests being 100% of the playlist, interspersed with ads of course.
TBH I have no issues with Aldi (US) either. Everything my wife has purchased from there has been excellent quality and great pricing. She flipflops between there and Publix.
Android is DOOMED
According to yet another rumor. Lacking anything official from a verified supplier or Apple themselves that's all any of it has amounted to. In any event it doesn't matter. The watches will be available for sale when they're ready, just as it's always been.
No that would be Jeb IMHO
The big labels may be pushing it but at least some of the little guys see it as a huge mistake to remove the ad-supported option. “Treating consumers like children and telling them that everything they’ve enjoyed about these streaming services is going to be taken away because the biggest record companies don’t like it, that’s another Napster moment,” quipped Charles Caldas, the CEO of Merlin Network."
According to Quanta, the Apple Watch manufacturer, they're now up to speed and running at full production on the "un-named" smart-watch. Little doubt they're speaking of Apple's product. http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150515PD210.html
Counter to what some of us think it may not be the "little guys", independent musicians and songwriters, that have an issue with a streamer like Spotify. Could just be the big labels wanting to grab a bigger chunk for themselves.http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2015/03/24/indie-label-head-major-labels-screwed-napster-theyre-screw-spotify
The more I think about it I believe this is a bogus rumor to begin with. Having bought DeCarta just a couple of months ago why would they now want Here too, and for $3B? No, IMHO this is simply a ruse put out by someone, probably Nokia, in an attempt to oil the bids.