or Connect

Posts by neosum

I just finished updating OTA in the East Bay (California). It was a smooth and straight forward process. iOS 6.0 Build 10A403.
They think it's apple's own in-house arm design now, and not based off of the cortex a9 or a15, but it's not confirmed.
I got my 2nd iphone order completed through ATT. Something of note though. Last year, I ordered through ATT and was only charged $217 total. In the billing receipt, it said $199 for the iphone and $18 upgrade fee. I was never charged for the sales tax but ATT did add another $18 upgrade fee to my phone bill later.   This time, I got my first order through apple and got a receipt for $255.79 ($199 + $56.79 estimated tax).   My second order through ATT has a...
ATT's site has been stalling and timing out so I went to apple and got my order through.
Why can't the voice go over 3g while data go LTE? I thought voice was going through 3g anyway and voice over LTE wasn't ready.
I think it's a very solid upgrade. I love the 4/4s design and this takes it a step further. Faster processor, faster internet, and good battery life. The surprise factor was gone because we all saw the leaks, but I wasn't expecting some new radical form factor. The iphone 5 looks awesome! For those who disagree, that's fine. Just be happy with whatever phone you have because I'll certainly be happy with mine.
That seems to be the case so far. A new form factor came with a new number while internal incremental upgrades came with a letter. The only exception to this pattern was the iphone 3g, which looked like the first iphone (except for the aluminum backing). But from 3 to 4 to 5 (assuming it'll be called 5 with a new form factor), it's been a new number with each new form factor. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or tries to argue. At the end of the day, it is what it...
Get over it.  
Why are people still arguing over the name? Apple obviously have their own reasons for calling it whatever they want and it's their right to do so. Those who continue to insist it's wrong, get over it. You guys are the ones who are wrong. When you own a company and make your own products, you can name it sequentially with its generation number if you want to. Apple is obviously not following your naming scheme.
Yes, I'm saying the iphone 4 being the 4th generation was coincidental and the next iphone could very well be called iphone 5 or whatever Apple wants to call it.   The two iphones before the iphone 4 was named 3 (for whatever reasons I'm not debating). The 4 came after 3 with a new form factor. 5 could come after 4 with a new form factor. It just makes sense if Apple decided to go that path. If they do, then they do. If they don't, then they don't. It doesn't make them...