or Connect

Posts by neosum

I have helped several people get setup on ATT with iphones and no data. First, setup a line without data using a different phone. Then turn off cellular data on the iphone and pop the chip in. If using an iphone 4 or 4s, just cut the sim to size and it works just fine. They've been using this for years and only use data when they are on wifi. Other than that, the phone, sms, gps, location service, etc portions work just fine. I was just like you, adamant about ATT...
No amount of marketing will sell a junk product. Junk is junk no matter how well you market them. Marketing helps, but ultimately it's the user experience and satisfaction that keeps them coming back for more.
First, by gathering information and finding out what they're signing up for BEFORE signing. Why should someone else be responsible for your actions? Secondly, pay the early termination fee and move on. The contract is with the carriers, not Apple. Buy a different phone and use it, there's no termination fee as long as you stay with the carrier. You're not limited to using the iphone for an entire 2 years. There's no contract if you purchased it unsubsidized at full price...
It's possible, but I don't think they understand the concept of a business. It wouldn't necessarily make them dumb though. People tend to think that they have rights to everything. What they forget is that companies have the right to refuse service to them.
Apple is don't NO such thing. Going by internet rumors, I see. John Doe can sell his cherries anywhere he wants to, but unless he has his own store to sell it, he's gonna have to make arrangements with the owner be it Apple or another store. Take a look at any retailer and if you were trying to get your products into Wal-Mart, Costco, or the lot, you'll see what terms they slap at you. If you don't like it, they'll simply waive good bye to you. Not to mention the huge...
They do, however, have the right to control what they sell in their store. Don't like their rules? Don't play their game. There are plenty of alternative options for developers. If they wanna access Apple's customers with iTunes accounts, they'll have to follow the rules. If you owned your own store, then you would understand what it means to be the owner. John Doe from across the street can't force you to sell his cherries if you don't want to.
  From what I understand, although Google profits from the android user base and ads, they aren't actually selling the android operating system and they're not manufacturing phones that copy the iphone. Apple has no choice but to sue the companies who do the actual selling of their alleged IP and designs.
It doesn't support LTE 4g, but it does support HSPA+ in Australia, which some would call 4g and the ITU has changed their position to consider it 4g as well. The original 4g specification, now being called LTE Advanced, required at least 100mbps download speeds, which no carrier has.
Having physical access to ANY device = compromised. Why would anyone be surprised about this? Anytime you lose your smartphone or laptop, your safest bet is to remote wipe it as soon as possible. If you don't, consider your data compromised. It's that easy to gain root access to your devices if they have physical access to it.
You could use an unlocked phone on any GSM network that is supported by the phone, such as Tmobile and many of the smaller regional carriers. Being unlocked also adds to the phone's resale value.