or Connect

Posts by neosum

I don't have any of the described problems. As for battery life, I don't know anymore... For today, I have 4 hrs 39 mins of usage and 13 hrs 49 mins of standby with 38% battery remaining. This is on maximum brightness with push email, notifications, bluetooth, wifi, location services, icloud, documents, photo stream, find my iphone, etc.; all on. I turned off ping, diagnostics, location iads, and time zone. It's been about the same on ios 5.0 prior to updating to...
It seems like Samsung licensed it to Qualcomm who makes the chip. Apple buys the chip from Qualcomm. Samsung wants Apple to pay an additional license. We buy the iphone from Apple containing that chip from Qualcomm. Will Samsung come after us too? This reminds me of an article I read a few months ago about a company going after hotels and small businesses over wi-fi patents. If the wifi router/access point manufacturers already licensed the technology, then sells us...
Read the article, then do a bit of digging around if you're really interested...Apple operates as a subsidiary (Apple Germany) who actually does the selling of products. Apple, Inc. is just the parent company that does not have any products in Germany. Motorola filed suits against both, with Apple Germany aggressively defending while Apple, Inc. simply let the deadline pass resulting in a default judgement.Since they haven't defended or entered any evidence, they will have...
The "hardcore" gamers are a small percentage of the population. That's what you're missing. I was a hardcore gamer myself, putting in years worth of playtime on various first person shooters and spent 10 years playing mmorpgs. My platform of choice has always been windows, but I also own a ps3 and wii. But like many others, I'm no longer a hardcore gamer. I rarely play a game if any at all and the games on ios are pretty impressive, especially when sitting on the toilet or...
Just look at some of the korean newspapers and you'll see their articles. There's plenty of them. You'll have to translate them though, or find someone who reads korean to translate for you. I don't have a single particular article in mind though. Samsung controls the media in korea in a much stronger influence than the coverage apple gets here in the states.
Samsung is painting a horrible picture of apple and trying to convince koreans that this is a race war between koreans and americans. They own the media there. Despite that, there are still millions of fans who are smart enough to not buy samsung's ridiculous race war claims. If they blocked the sale of apple in korea, it would backfire 10 fold when koreans start pointing at samsung as the evil cooporation who lied to them. Right now, samsung is doing a decent job in...
I never had a problem using gmail through ios's native email app, setup as exchange using google active sync. I'm not really sure why anyone would need a separate app. Like some people, I too switched to an @me account.
The neonode gave their demonstration AFTER the iphone was already released. The patent itself was filed in 2005, two years before the iphone came out. So who copied who? We don't know. What we do know, is apple applied for and was awarded the patent.
The patent application was made in 2005? Two years before anyone saw it on the iphone. I'm not gonna get into whether it should be patentable or not though, I don't know anything about intellectual property. I would have to agree that it was first seen and utilized on an apple product though.
My 4s battery goes down about 1% per hour on standby, with everything enabled including bluetooth, wifi, notifications and location services. I have my brightness turned all the way up. With regular usage, I'm usually down to 30% at the EOD so a nightly charge is definitely required. But then again, it's always been this way with all the iphones I've owned. I do suspect something with the ios5 software that's causing some people to experience faster battery drain...