or Connect

Posts by neosum

My 4s battery goes down about 1% per hour on standby, with everything enabled including bluetooth, wifi, notifications and location services. I have my brightness turned all the way up. With regular usage, I'm usually down to 30% at the EOD so a nightly charge is definitely required. But then again, it's always been this way with all the iphones I've owned. I do suspect something with the ios5 software that's causing some people to experience faster battery drain...
The phones without wireless service is just an expensive ipod touch. Why don't you compare the costs of a 32gb ipod touch instead since you're not including wireless service. I believe it's around $299.
deleted
How did you come up with that figure? Are you saying that if your monthly bill with a nexus one would be less than if you had an iphone?No, I'm implying that with or without an iphone, in or out of contract, my monthly phone bill would remain the same with any competing smartphone. I'll take that 4s for free, if my monthly bill remained the same. However, I'll gladly turn down a junk phone and pay $199 for the 4s instead. Which is exactly what I did.I've called numerous...
If it was for myself, I would've wanted a refresh. But for my son, he doesn't care. He's still happy with last years model and is only requesting for more storage.When he can pay his own bill. He'll continue to use his dumb phone until that happens. He'll be the one to choose and I don't know what he'll want when that time comes. I would never force an apple product on him, even though I like them myself.
Well, it doesn't matter what their profit margin is. We as consumers are paying the same base prices for iphones as people do for android phones. As far as I'm concerned I paid $199. With or without the iphone, I would still have a cell phone bill. Unlike other nitpickers, I calculate the monthly bill as part of my cost of service rather than cost of phone.Use any smartphone and the wireless bill remains the same, in contract or out. I was out of contract since Jan 2011...
I wouldn't put apple at #2 for smartphones just yet. The whole shipped vs sold issue really gives us a vague image of what's really out there. They should just look at profits instead.
I've always purchased nintendo handhelds for my son in the past. When he was due for a new handheld, I gave him the option to choose. It was either a nintendo ds or an ipod touch and he chose the ipod touch. It's almost time for a new gift and he's already requested another ipod touch but with more storage than his current 8gb model.
You can buy it from itunes and still read it elsewhere. You didn't know that? Just look in the itunes data folder and drag it over.Is there still a myth that if you buy something through apple's itunes, that you're stuck using an apple device? The same applies for songs and movies. Just drag it over. I've been buying music from itunes long before I owned an ipod/iphone. I used to put them on my mp3 players that held 20 songs at a time.
I'm not one to debate on what's "real" multitasking and what's "fake" multitasking. As far as I'm concerned, it could play music in the background while surfing the web and get notified of messages and emails while doing so. That to me, is multitasking.