or Connect

Posts by Mr.G

Hi I am sorry to ask such a dumb question but I am really stuck on this. Just got a new 27" iMac 3.1GHz. And I want/need to upgrade to 8GB but thinking of pushing to 16GB. But I cannot find a suitable memory supplier. Can anyone help? (Below are links to the different sites I have checked out) RamJet - $300 for 16GB http://www.ramjet.com/ItemDescription.asp?Item=IMIA16G (Had anyone used them?) Crucial - Someone needs to explain this to me. 16GB kit for $800 but...
I hope an asteroid crashes in from outer space and hits the iCloud Communications office. It is these stupid things you read about that make me If you ever wonder why we are still in a recession, it is because people have decided they have nothing better to do with their time and start these sorts of spineless arguments. I hope the judge slaps the lawyer for iCloud Communications with a dictionary in the hope he might learn what damage to iCloud Communications...
After reading this I started thinking about the which way Apple will take their entire laptop line. The white plastic MB I say should be killed off, because for 200 US more you can pick up a MBP in metal, with brand new internals. But WHEN Apple rips out the optical drive from the line up, there will be a major over lap between the Airs and Pros. So my thinking was, Apple should rename the current Airs to just Macbooks. And should come in their 11 and 13. They...
Food fot thought, Wow apple has thought of everything. This was an email I just sent to Apple, "I was wondering if I sign up for iTunes Match with my personal MobileMe account, will all my songs on my computer be "scanned/matched" in the cloud, then allowing me to download them automatically from my iPhone or iPod. Even the songs that were purchased by another families iTunes account that are on my computer. And finally I do not get how iTunes Match will improve the...
Wow apple has thought of everything. This was an email I just sent to Apple, "I was wondering if I sign up for iTunes Match with my personal MobileMe account, will all my songs on my computer be "scanned/matched" in the cloud, then allowing me to download them automatically from my iPhone or iPod. Even the songs that were purchased by another families iTunes account that are on my computer. And finally I do not get how iTunes Match will improve the quality of my music....
Hi I also emailed Apple and got the same half wit reply back. The thing is after thinking about it, I really don't get why is such a big deal iCloud especially for people with Macs or PCs. (I know Steve said it is for the post-PC era but hell only a year ago I needed a PC to set everything up, and it is not like I am going to get rid of my PC/Mac just because of iCloud.) Yes it is convenient to have everything syncing over the air, but really if I buy a song on my...
Hi Crunch, I am in the same boat as you, I am looking to update my rig as my old MBP has been dropped and the battery case won't remain latched and I really need something better for travelling. Since the Cinema display came out I have wanted to get a MBP with a cinema display and then I have a portable imac. But after what wizard69 said, I am almost certainly going his route. One the MBP do heat up very fast when doing any kind of photo editing or video work on...
Hi there, So after removing myself from the hype of the iCloud I realized there are several key factors and features of the new iCloud that I am going to miss. Lets start with iDisk. I believe that iDisk is going to be scrapped in iCloud. (If I am wrong please tell me and I will edit this.) But I was hoping if a developer has had a chance to look at the APIs yet and see if it was possible that a 3rd party could introduce something. (I know there is dropbox, but I...
Ok, final thank you as I am leaving this city and who knows when internet will be available next. Thanks everyone for the info and guidance it has been really helpful
Thank you wizard_69 and backtomac. Again great posts thank you.* But wizard_69 I know that I might as well gaze into a smokey crystal ball and guess what might happen for all I know Steve jobs has made the next iPhone in all the colours of the rainbow, but I find some reassurance in asking other people who maybe just as lost as I am about what they think, it is the sheep herd mentality of mine I guess. Whereas you seem to be more of a wolf who takes things for what they...