or Connect

Posts by Keda

Screen size is one of Samsung's only differentiators, so I'm not surprised that they are trying to capitalize on it.  But these ads sorely miss the mark.  While it does mention the Samy screen, the ad seems more focused on iPhone users and the fact that a new iPhone with a bigger screen is about to be released.   I wonder how many non-techie people will see this spot and realize for the first time that a new, larger iPhone is upcoming?  With this newfound awareness, they...
When the iPhone and iPad were originally introduced, Apple shook up the mobile industry by eschewing stylus input for touch.  If a pen had been included with the iPhone, developers might have stuck with the then status quo and avoided multitouch development (and a key Apple differentiator).  Now that multi-touch is widely accepted, is it time for Apple to take another look at the stylus?   Tim Cook said recently that he does 80% of his work on an iPad.  My reaction to...
The curved edges may be more than aesthetics. I remember reading an article about Apple's interest touch capable areas other than a phone's screen. Imagine if the rounded touch-capable areas could be used for input. Apps could do all sorts of things. - sliders (volume, etc) - control areas for games - maybe even a "modifier key" for a normal touch
I had moved my work flow to Pages, but was forced back to Word by the recent "upgrade" by Apple. Although I wouldn't say I'm awaiting a new version of Office, there are a few things I'd like. - Ability to run an accessibility check - Ability to export a tagged PDF - Retain the Mac version's approach to showing the style guide - Less suck
The implementation of this is odd.  I've downloaded the video to my iPhone and it shows up on my phone's iTunes store and on my Apple TV, but it doesn't show up in iTunes/iTunes Store on my Mac.     It's nice to have a free movie, but I'll probably not use the Disney app to buy content in the future if it doesn't synch across all my devices.
Steve has a big one.
It is odd that you seem to be blaming me for using Apple's software.     As the industry switches to a push-update model (as is seen in the app store), the expectation for companies to deliver fully functioning software increases.  Just think about iOS.    I know that bugs happen, but what I'm describing is not a bug and wouldn't have changed if I delayed my update.  It is baseless to suggest with any certainty that Apple will reintroduce things like header/footer...
Apple's FCP misstep was not simply slashing features, it was their disregard for user's productivity. In the end Apple was widely panned for the move, and had to release a statement about the problem (which was also a focus of criticism). This was and is not a good approach for rolling out software updates. Although I don't believe you know anything about Apple's plans, Frank, I do expect that they'll add features to all of their software titles over time....
"Nonsense"?  I don't think so, and I would have hoped Apple might have learned from the FCPX fiasco.  It was a misstep by the company, which they have seemingly corrected.     Pages is lean and nice looking, but the latest release is a step backward.  It has removed features that people in their main user group depend on.  I suppose that you are suggesting that we take the hit now instead of later, but I don't understand why something like header images could not be...