or Connect

Posts by ErosLWS

The iPhone 5 is compatible with T-Mobile EDGE, T-Mobile 3G Refarm (Q4 2012), and T-Mobile LTE (Mid 2013). It will simply fail to connect to regular T-Mobile 3G.
Pay attention to the T-Mobile commercials with the iPhone. Watch them a few times. Maybe then you'll notice the almost lawyered wording T-Mobile is using to NOT trash the iPhone. They are explicit about it too, they are only trashing the carriers. It makes sense too, because once/if they get it, the marketing is already set up.
So when you try to do a web search on iOS 6, you won't be able to use Google? Is iOS6 automatically going to block AdSense and associated website ads? Google was and still is primarily a search engine and ad-based service; everyone uses Google for searching and if you start auto-blocking AdSense, guess what websites do? They start auto-blocking your device. Yes, Apple is eliminating Google as a mapping solution on iOS, yes it'll hurt Google, but it's not going to wipe...
I really liked "Basically." There's nothing that's basically a Mac and I think other companies have suggested they are basically Mac implicitly for a long time. They need to do this for the iPhone. The others were neat, but I'm concerned they might send the wrong message. It seemed counter-intuitive to what we were told at Apple about providing service outside of work.
Apple missed expectations, Facebook met them, it's really that simple. Expectations are based on past performance and forecast modeling by career analysts. The stock market is a gamble because of this, but your resentment against analysts is the same resentment people experience toward doctors when their family member couldn't be saved. Do you blame analysts when AAPL blows analysts expectations out of the water? Didn't think so and if you did, you wouldn't play with...
    Wow, where do I start? You do realize the United States is not the only first world country, nor does it have the highest standard of living? In fact, when you adjust for inequality, the United States doesn't even make the top 20.   Siri does not smoke everyone. Steve Wozniak has even been quoted as saying Google is ahead in the voice recognition department at the moment. There are lawsuits against Siri due to deceptive advertising. The iPhone is an amazing device; if...
I'll admit, the usability blows, but I think people are trying to make this out to be more than what it is. It's more of a PMP than a tablet. Besides the fact that this has nothing to do with Apple (until we see some deformed iPod 7", highly unlikely), the study itself is qualitative and N=4. It's garbage. I can do a qualitative N=4 study on the Macbook Pro and find that it has terrible usability and low ratings, despite the fact that it's arguably the best laptop out...
So...after working for Apple Retail...then getting a real job and working for hospitals, universities, and corporations, I have to tell you...this policy is pretty much in effect everywhere. Not really a secrecy mantra, it's just professionalism.
As my girlfriend (who represents the average consumer) said so wonderfully about the HTC Titan, "It doesn't feel like a phone or computer, it feels real and natural." WP7 is an incredible operating system for the average consumer despite some shortcomings us tech-inclined people see (I won't buy a phone without built-in voice navigation, for example). What WP7 lacked is a major manufacturer backing it up fully. Nokia has solved this issue partially, although it may be a...
Read the reason why they are opposing the AT&T and T-Mobile merger. Sprint believes an AT&T buyout is anti-competitive but a Sprint buy-out would make Sprint competitive with the big two. Sprint is almost certainly getting the iPhone (vacation blackouts, rampant rumors, etc.). It's not a fact yet, but welcome to rumors websites.