or Connect

Posts by ErosLWS

T-Mobile is acting short-sighted in this case or just doesn't care anymore knowing it will either be eaten up by AT&T or Sprint. AT&T paid major money for the iPhone, as did Verizon, and likewise with Sprint. If T-Mobile wanted to survive, it would cough up the money to Apple and take a temporary loss for a MAJOR long-term gain.
What exactly do you do on it that is intrinsically easier than on your Macbook, AppleTV, and iPod? (I mention those three because I own them.) I've found surfing the web is easier, it feels natural, but if I'm running SPSS and Excel on my Mac, I'm already on the computer so convenience defeats ease of use. My favorite thing is to use the iPad as a vacation device; it's great to take with me on a plane and into a hotel. Once there, I can transfer all my images to my iPad...
More like pressures from Amazon could lead to a price drop, but I doubt they would devalue their product like that. It isn't that the iPad will sell LESS than the Kindle Tablet by any stretch of the imagination, it's that the Kindle Tablet will take away from the flame of the iPad. People are much more inclined to buy someone a $250 present than a $500 present. Personally, I haven't touched my iPad 2 in over 2 months; I'm hoping iOS 5 changes this.
A number two emerges in the market. Big deal. I'm more excited about the Ivy Bridge Macbook Air than some toy.
This would be great. Integrating the iPod Touch and the iPhone into one product line and then giving people an option of whether they want to sign a 2-year agreement to reduce the cost (if they choose a 3G capable device) would give Apple an insane amount of profit. Cell providers might not like it, but I don't think anyone would shed a tear for them. The only thing that confuses me is how the price difference between an 8GB iPod Touch and 16GB iPhone 4 is about $400,...
Even though in comparison to an actual Mac, an iPad is seemingly useless educationally for anyone over the age of 10, I've found that when paired with a keyboard, it's a great note-taking device. Why? It can't multitask. Since you're forced to stay on one screen, you are not distracted by the likes of Facebook or Skype. Also, Pages is great because you can take a picture of a presentation slide or handout and put it right in your notes. Other than that, I have yet to find...
Not for Excel or Word, and Keynote presentations look like crap when converted to PPT. Just saying.
Why? Word: Powerful, standardized, compatible with Endnote for research, compatible with corrections for editing with multiple people in an organization. Excel: This requires no explanation, you can write entire programs in Excel, it's that powerful. Powerpoint: Robust but the learning curve is higher than Keynote, nevertheless it allows for better presentation of data simply because it is linked better with Word and Excel. These are only some of the reasons, but again,...
A new iWork won't be competitive with Office 2011 regardless of how good it is simply because of organizational standards; try sending your boss/teacher/professor/co-worker/etc. an iWork document. However, it would cause Microsoft to get off their high horse a bit and release these updates faster so it works out for the people who actually rely on Office as part of their daily life. iWork is nice and affordable for people who study or work in industries that don't require...
Office 2011 is the gold standard for office suites, it makes iWork look like Office '97 (except that Excel '97 had more features than Numbers, but that's another issue). Versions, auto-save, and full-screen are just a nice touch to an already impressive product.