or Connect

Posts by AHrubik

I've been waiting to see if this would come true... 10/26/2011http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/134757/nokia-launches-first-windows-phones-to-take-on-apples-iphone-4s#post_1974632    
The big deal is because it's not replaceable. Let's say we follow your advice and we get it maxed out. First off the chip in that laptop supports 32GB of RAM. So Apple doesn't sell it maxed out to begin with. Second if a RAM chip dies and it's under warranty its all good; Apple fixes it. If its not under warranty then you have to replace the entire mainboard because you lost a RAM chip. The mainboard in that laptop runs easily $1000 or more which you're out of pocket...
  This is easily one of the worst posts I've ever read here. Android phones get new features all the time. Google updates GAPPS constantly. What I think everyone is tired of is the rhetoric where they say one thing and two days later the caveats appear. It's just like the soldered RAM and proprietary SSD in the Retina MBP. When you go against 20 years of industry standards people want to know about it. Don't give me that shit about MBAs either. Ultra books are a new form...
    I completely agree the iPad (as well as every other tablet) will continue to grow. The tablet market is very anemic right now and it's growing by leaps everyday. That will level out with time though and even before that tipping point decisions will be based more so on integration and less so on emotion on an exponential curve but... nobody knows the future. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It took Apple 20 years to come back from it's battle with...
    I posted this in another thread and IMO it applies here too.   Quote: Desktop integration and seamless transitions. If Microsoft succeeds in doing what they're trying to do they will enable seamless flow between the desktop and tablet. Microsoft has always held sway over the business market for it's ease of centralized management compared to it's *nix brethren. If Apple can't manage to nit things together with iOS and OSX and Microsoft can with a unified Windows...
    I was overwhelmed by the new version of the site software and forgot to quote the first post in the thread.
    Desktop integration and seamless transitions. If Microsoft succeeds in doing what they're trying to do they will enable seamless flow between the desktop and tablet. Microsoft has always held sway over the business market for it's ease of centralized management compared to it's *nix brethren. If Apple can't manage to nit things together with iOS and OSX and Microsoft can with a unified Windows 8 platform then they will win (long term).   Consumers on the other hand...
    Not sure if trolling... :???:     What I hope is this will finally put to rest any people who continue to push for iOS on the desktop. Even Tim doesn't support mobile OS' as a primary OS.
Anyone of you who think just because you use a Mac and are careful you're not going to get infected is playing Russian roulette with your data. It's your data to lose though so feel free.
For the last time they are not making a God Damn TV.