or Connect

Posts by DaveMcM76

If the encryption in iCloud backup relied on a device specific key you also wouldn't be able to restore an iCloud backup of a device to a new device (say an iPhone 5 backup restored onto an iPhone 6? ) so while iCloud backups may be encrypted I would doubt it is to the same level as data on any given device using a device specific key so it could well be accessible to people with the right warrant.This is likely one of the reasons why Apple give you the option at App...
Tell me about it... We are still waiting to iTunes Radio to make an appearance here in the UK - although the only country outside the US that it's rolled out to in the 12 months since it's launch is Australia so we aren't alone, and I rather suspect that 99% of the reason for this delay is i money grubbing record labels rather than Apple.Can't wait for Apple Pay to roll out... we've had contactless payments available in the UK for a good few years now although the POS...
And lets not forget the power usage implications...
ITV (itv.com) is one of the major broadcasters in the UK, and I seem to have some (now distant) memories of them having supposedly lodged objections to the iTV name as far back as the rumour stage of the original silver Apple TV....
I just checked mine and same here I managed to order mine using the apple website on my iPhone while stuck in traffic on my drive into work this morning, which made going nowhere for 15 minutes a bit more enjoyable in the end.
No, I don't think you will, or not on the iPhone at least - I seem to remember Tim saying in the keynote that it could be accepted anywhere that currently accepts contactless payments (I gather not a big thing in the US yet, but getting bigger in Europe every day), in which case the internet connection is already in the card reader not the phone. I do bits and pieces of retail support for our customers at work and modern chip and pin / contactless card readers don't work...
I was about to ask the same thing... my video stream of the event was choppy and kept skipping back so I missed odd bits but I didn't seem to see any mention of the developer GM being released?Update: Just logged into the dev centre website and the iOS 8 beta 5 button has been replaced by a (currently inactive) "iOS 8 GM Seed" so it looks like it's on it's way Update 2: Downloading now having spotted a new developer agreement that I had to agree to before it enabled the GM...
It looks like XCode 6 beta 6 has been pulled - I downloaded it earlier and definitely had Beta5 and Beta6 sat next to each other in my Applications folder but Beta 6 reported itself as being damaged and prompted me to delete it on first launch. I deleted the .dmg and went back to the developer site to try and redownload and now I'm only seeing Beta 5...
Second mention of Al Qaeda in as many days? WTF?And didn't we already "establish" Al Qaeda are very much in the tablet market and prefer Android?
Well there is Apple's first point of influence on IBM - there is no way that page was written by the same guy responsible for the rest of IBMs web site it is Apple through and through.