or Connect

Posts by DaveMcM76

I'm with Mark Twain on this one - Golf is a good walk spoiled...
While I'm not saying Apple is blame free on the glacial pace of iTunes Radio going international, sadly I suspect most the delays are down to the arse backwards recording industry being stubborn over the licencing - isn't Australia the only country outside the US to currently have iTunes Radio?Also Apple, while you remember that the UK exists for a few seconds can we have ApplePay too? And iPlayer / 4OD / etc on AppleTV? Is that too much to ask?
There was an iOS 7 course - CS193P Fall 2013 by Stanford (https://itun.es/de/gCOUR) - but I've seen nothing for iOS 8 or Swift from them so far.
I have to admit that having spent all my working day sat at a computer writing code it can then be pretty difficult finding the motivation to spend time on my evenings and weekends sat at a computer trying to learn how to write different code...My destress / unwind technique tends to be getting out into the hills on my mountain bike for a few hours although the weather in the UK isn't really ideal for that at the moment.
I think the last assembly / assembler I attempted was 6502 on a BBC Model B back in around 1990 The things you could do with just two registers and an accumulator
Well I for one am really liking Swift so far although it is taking me some time to transition having only really just started getting my head around Objective-C and Cocoa in the last year... My day job is mostly 4GL Progress (with a smattering of c#) so my dreams of being a fully fledged iOS developer are still very much in my spare time which is something I'm lacking at the moment .
While this does seem to indicate a sad trend of Apple seemingly removing freebies I honestly can't remember the last time the single of the week was something I would have wanted to download even for free so from a personal point of view this is no great loss. It will be interesting to see if they have any replacement offers in the pipeline that are more in line with how people are using the store now.
Is anybody else able to see this as an OTA option on iPad Air 2? My iPhone 6 saw it straight away and is now on build 12D445d but my iPad Air 2 is showing "iOS 8.2 Your software is up to date" on build 12D436.
Location services on macs is all based on using your network connections wifi name / router / IP address to calculate the location - http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202080.From what I can infer the apple watch doesn't have wifi or gps of its own - http://www.apple.com/watch/technology/ states that "Apple Watch uses the GPS and Wi‑Fi in your iPhone" - so unless it is connected to your iPhone by Bluetooth I don't see how Find My Devices is going to be able to locate it, and...
These "two voices" ads seem to be Apples new technique for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus - here in the UK I've seen a couple of ads along a similar style which are voiced by Richard Ayoade and Chris O'Dowd from the IT Crowd and they are pretty good as they are recognisable voices to a lot of people and the IT Crowd link lends a bit of geek appeal to Apples devices.