or Connect

Posts by DaveMcM76

And here was me fully expecting a 5 month turnaround following the new hires and for them to be in the iPhone 6 later this year... /sMore from the land of stating the bleeding obvious coming up at 10 - stay tuned folks.
The link between the Facebook app and the Messenger app is pretty seamless on iPhone - the messages button in Facebook switches to the Messenger app and a bar at the top of the Messenger app takes you back, neither with any real delay... I have no problems with them being separate apps as it means you can chat via Facebook - and lets face it, soon WhatsApp is going to be in here too - without the need to waste bandwidth and data allowance updating your news feed at the...
The issue is the subscription model itself.... Office 2010 Home & Student Edition is £60 on amazon - yes it's getting old now but it still does everything I could ever need from office for a 1 off payment and it is likely to be compatible for many years to come. Why on earth would I want to swap that one off payment for a £79.99 a year subscription where the price and terms can change at a moments notice when Microsoft decide they deserve more money?
I may give word a go to see if it is more compatible when viewing the documents that I get emailed for work - Pages doesn't always like some of the fonts and weird table structures people I work with seem so keen on.... ...but £79.99 a year for (the cheapest!) Office 365 subscription to cover the 7 or 8 times I may ever need to edit? I rather think not. Edit: No printing support? WTF Microsoft!...
The last line of that linked article sums up the key point that all of these analysts continually fail to grasp... "Lesson of the story: Market share does not translate into profit."
When I click the link I get a message telling me "The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK Store, but it is available in the New Zealand Store. Click Change Store to view this item.".... I know San Andreas support the new external games controllers - has anyone used or seen any screenshots of the new on screen touch controls as these were a pain to use in Vice City and GTA III.
If only they sold those Phillips Hue bulbs in Apple stores.... oh... wait a minute....
So assuming this is somewhere in the realms of 50,000 sold out of the 800,000 shipped, how many billion activations have there been?
Still no fix for long addresses in Contacts - you still can't enter more than 2 street lines on iOS despite it working perfectly in Contacts on icloud.com....
I must be lucky as I've not seen this on my 13" yet since it arrived on Tuesday.... Having only ever had windows notebooks before (i've got a mid 2011 Mac Mini, but this is my first Mac notebook) I'm absolutely blown away by the build quality, performance and battery life so far...