or Connect

Posts by DaveMcM76

I agree that it was complete crap when it first came out but I have to say I've not really had any issues with the standalone Podcast app for a quite long time now and the iOS 8 version works very well for me with background updates and downloads of new episodes.
There seems to be a lot of confusion between the multitude of articles I've read on this subject as to what is or isn't happening with the health sensors... some seem to imply that potentially bits that were shown at the announcement might now not be included whereas others imply that lots more sensor stuff was planned but that all the sensors that got canned had already been canned by the time the Apple Watch was announced last year, so everything unveiled in the...
So the AppleWatch will have passed that figure in what, the first 10 or 15 minutes of preorder? Android... Winning...
Can't seem to find the links now but I remember reading somewhere in the aftermath of the announcement about there being an orientation setting so wearers preferring the right wrist could set the watch up as that and just flip it over on the strap so the crown is bottom left rather than top right.
I'm with Mark Twain on this one - Golf is a good walk spoiled...
While I'm not saying Apple is blame free on the glacial pace of iTunes Radio going international, sadly I suspect most the delays are down to the arse backwards recording industry being stubborn over the licencing - isn't Australia the only country outside the US to currently have iTunes Radio?Also Apple, while you remember that the UK exists for a few seconds can we have ApplePay too? And iPlayer / 4OD / etc on AppleTV? Is that too much to ask?
There was an iOS 7 course - CS193P Fall 2013 by Stanford (https://itun.es/de/gCOUR) - but I've seen nothing for iOS 8 or Swift from them so far.
I have to admit that having spent all my working day sat at a computer writing code it can then be pretty difficult finding the motivation to spend time on my evenings and weekends sat at a computer trying to learn how to write different code...My destress / unwind technique tends to be getting out into the hills on my mountain bike for a few hours although the weather in the UK isn't really ideal for that at the moment.
I think the last assembly / assembler I attempted was 6502 on a BBC Model B back in around 1990 The things you could do with just two registers and an accumulator
Well I for one am really liking Swift so far although it is taking me some time to transition having only really just started getting my head around Objective-C and Cocoa in the last year... My day job is mostly 4GL Progress (with a smattering of c#) so my dreams of being a fully fledged iOS developer are still very much in my spare time which is something I'm lacking at the moment .