or Connect

Posts by DaveMcM76

Is anybody else able to see this as an OTA option on iPad Air 2? My iPhone 6 saw it straight away and is now on build 12D445d but my iPad Air 2 is showing "iOS 8.2 Your software is up to date" on build 12D436.
Location services on macs is all based on using your network connections wifi name / router / IP address to calculate the location - http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202080.From what I can infer the apple watch doesn't have wifi or gps of its own - http://www.apple.com/watch/technology/ states that "Apple Watch uses the GPS and Wi‑Fi in your iPhone" - so unless it is connected to your iPhone by Bluetooth I don't see how Find My Devices is going to be able to locate it, and...
These "two voices" ads seem to be Apples new technique for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus - here in the UK I've seen a couple of ads along a similar style which are voiced by Richard Ayoade and Chris O'Dowd from the IT Crowd and they are pretty good as they are recognisable voices to a lot of people and the IT Crowd link lends a bit of geek appeal to Apples devices.
Just one more app for the "Unused" folder which lives on it's own on the last springboard page...
This is the major reason there are so few people making significant money from Android handsets. Android was intiially sold as "open" to all the handset manufacturers but since then Google has been slowly eroding the openness of all the key services on the platform, so while it's true that the core OS is still open and anybody is free to fork it as they like (see Amazon with FireOS) a lotl of the major apps and services that people want to run on it - Google Play Store,...
I can't say it was something I'd ever really paid much attention to at the time, but thinking back I do seem to remember that autocorrect didn't happen when using the external keyboard. I don't know if it's that you are expected to be able to type more accurately on a physical keyboard or possibly because the autocorrect functionality is actually part of the on screen keyboard itself which then isn't visible or active when using an external one.Given that iOS 8 lets you...
I'll definitely be getting one of these.... had an Ultrathin for for my iPad 3 which was excellent and last week bought and tried the Ultrathin iPad Air version as the screen dimensions on the Air 2 hadn't changed. It worked beautifully as a cover but I forgot to factor in the reduced thickness () for the keyboard stand and it just wouldn't sit right in the magnetic groove so it went back.... been waiting for the announcement of a proper Air 2 version since.
Yup - 700 now out of work employees... or is that ex employees?meanwhile the GTAT board walk away with millions having mysteriously decided to cash their shares in just before the bankruptcy filing was announced.... man that was some "fortunate" timing on their part...
Still getting the no longer available error here - I guess it's just taking a while to roll out internationally for some reason so I'll leave it for now and try again in a few hours when I get home from work.
Has anyone managed to download this from the UK App Store yet? The direct link above takes me to the app but clicking buy gives me a "The item you tried to buy is no longer available" error. It also doesn't appear in any search results if I ignore the direct link above and just try searching for it.