or Connect

Posts by GTBuzz

Neither of the major Service Providers to a good job or provide great coverage. They may sell 4G LTE, but is is not there in many areas where they sell it. 2 blocks away I have LTE 5 bars. At my house I have 2 bars and often not LTE. Voice over IP is not available, but is in the iPhone6. I have bought my last phone from a major provider. If Apple were to sell minutes, I would buy directly from them - they could buy $B's of minutes and coverage from everyone. I may be...
A BP Sensor and O2 Sensor should not require FDA approval. They are just approximate sensors, not Hospital Grade quality. I would gladly purchase an Apple Watch that had only Approximate Sensors. Their quality would probably exceed that of those in a hospital environment.
Apple does not make commodity items and then cut the price and race or chase everyone to the bottom. If anything, they see no future in that. They make higher priced, quality items, increase the profit by economy of scale, not lowering the price and selling more. When it comes time to replace the product, they introduce a newer item with better qualities and abilities and don't lower the price - over and over again. There is no future in chasing a spiraling price down...
Software and Services along with Excellent Hardware. That is what differentiates Apple with Other Companies. Also, lets be sure the software works very well (Photos, Maps, Siri, etc.). Apple must be worth more to the customer or I have to sell my stock..
I hope they make the Apple Sim Card Standard; their should be only 1 phone for all the carriers. A9 with 2GB Ram and a 12 MP camera would be great. Even better would be no Home Button, Charging similar to the Watch. 1 GB Ram is too little. The number of pixels needs to be increased so the large phone will be as sharp as the small phone (if possible). Any physical switch they can remove from the Device would be good; provided they get the fingerprint recognition...
The 6 was too big for me. I sold it to a friend at a loss and downgraded to my much older 5. I like the smaller form factor better. 6 is just too big for my pocket. Now for viewing, the 6 is better I will admit that. For me a smaller, faster phone with all the goodies is best, but not for everyone. I still prefer the Mac for typing. Siri does not speak Southern Monotone very well. So, I guess I will always be laden with a keyboard of sorts.
The watch is a great product that will improve over time  - over time is key.  As a retired engineer, I would like to say that Apple does everything possible to consider all things that will cause a problem - nothing is perfect.   Instrumentation will improve over time - it always has.  It is a small miracle to be able to have a device this powerful on your wrist.  It is not a  Star-Trek Communicator and the next couple of interactions will be better than the first.  Just...
It is a free country. Buy a tattoo if you want one, but don't expect miracles. It will cause you more other problems than with the watch.
I don't see that it would be worth 3.2B to Apple. That would buy a lot of mapping vehicles. I think they had the right idea when they were compiling information from iPhones - they were creating maps - not spying on users. Nokia could keep their Maps app for that price. Apple has better use for the money.
Well . . . the writers have to write about something . What a bunch of total baloney they write and the editors are not any better. No one knows Apple's cost for anything. One can only imagine what it costs to conceive, design, produce, test, ship, market, etc. a product. The costs change with each order and by the time the R&D is amortized across all the products produced, the next product launch is on the way. These products are insanely expensive or everyone would...