or Connect

Posts by goink

My mac mini (Lion, 10.7.1) will no longer let me copy files to it from another mac. When I drag a file to it, it pops up a dialog saying that Finder wants to change something and to enter a password. If I do, then it tells me the file is already there and I can either replace or keep both. If I say replace nothing really happens, but if I say to keep both it then starts making new files (file.jpg becomes file 1.jpg, file 2.jpg....) until I stop it, easily creating hundreds...
Problem "solved". "Put hard disks to sleep" was already unchecked. But it seems Seagate has a problem with some of the goflex desk adapters. The one that is causing me trouble is the USB 3.0 kind, while both FW800 and standard USB 2.0 work just fine. The USB 3.0 is somehow different, even when used as USB 2.0. The seagate community forums has a long thread with others who have had trouble with the goflex adapters and OS X. It does not look like Seagate cares to...
I have a Seagate Goflex Desk 3TB (USB) that is backed up through Time Machine. Every now and then TM hangs while figuring out which changes are to be backed up. Time Machine backs up to a 2TB Goflex drive (FW800), and there is plenty of space left. Stopping backup does not cause anything to happen, and the 3TB drive no longer responds to anything. Unplugging the drive and plugging it back in makes everything happy. The only other recovery method is powering off the...