or Connect

Posts by Atashi

No, but they're working on their own version. It'll be free for anyone to use, but there'll be ads, obviously.
I love my Apple TV but it's starting to act up. I think the hard drive might be starting to go on it. My dad loves his too, but he has trouble getting his to talk to iTunes 11. I just finally updated to iTunes 11 and my Apple TV isn't even showing up any more as a Device. :(   My dad and I would both like to see Apple come out with a new version of the original. I like being able to load it up with my movies, music, photos, etc. and then being able to watch them...
Right now I think the number one thing I'd love to see change in iOS -- and that I expect will never ever happen -- is having swappable 'home screens'.   In other words, let us replace Springboard or whatever it's called with something else.     So when you press the Home button, instead of going to Springboard, it would go to some other app that you've installed and made 'home' via settings. There'd be some API hook or requirement, eg. you could only set an...
So many things to comment on, but I guess the main thing is that they didn't plan on using an iPad app - it was a last minute solution they put to use when nobody had a 'real' bible handy. From that perspective it sounds to me like a good quick solution so they could get the cerimony done and over with.   I wonder though if you aren't christian, do you have to or can you swear in on whatever tome is holy in your tradition? Book of Shadows for the wiccan firefighters?...
I agree that most of these 'issues' are only issues to the tech press and the fans / haters.   I've always used my sister as a 'barometer' to test what the non-techy people think. She has my old iPhone 4. Last week I asked her if she had upgraded to iOS 6. She had - she upgraded within 2 days of it being released, because it popped up in iTunes as available. I asked if she heard of or was impacted by the 'Maps issue'. She had not heard of it, was not affected by it,...
Microsoft should have come to me to talk advertising. With a name like Surface, you gotta use....   Submarines!   Or am I the only one who hears Surface and thinks about submarines?
I'm going to take this eleventeenth maps-based article as an opportunity to just come right out and say it:   I don't have a problem with the Maps app. It's good enough for me.
They do seem to be working on it as an ongoing thing. I submitted a problem report for a location on Sunday and noticed it was fixed next time I looked at the map on Monday. Mind you it had the potential to be a serious problem - the spot the map had identified as a local hospital is in fact a large pile of rubble. The hospital moved years ago. (They did have the new hospital listed as well.)
"Where are all the RIM Playbooks on these charts?" -nobody
This doesn't make any sense. Winter's coming soon, my ipod's gonna catch its death of cold if it can't snuggle up in a nice warm sock.