or Connect

Posts by Atashi

That's the secret new RubberMetal technology. It won't be out till 2013 though.
About every month or two I get a big junkmail envelope from Rogers (one of the big carriers in Canada) offering me a bunch of new phones to choose from. They have never put an iPhone in that flyer. There are usually 3 or 4 android phones and 1 or 2 rim phones, ranging from free to $200, all with contract of course. I don't think I've ever seen an iPhone ad in print, and the only iPhone ads I see on television are the ones Apple runs. In contrast, all the commercials...
Either of those options would make me happy in lieu of internal storage. I have a time capsule on my network already, if it could host my iTunes content for home sharing (and photos et cetera) then that would work just fine.
I'm probably not the typical customer Apple's targeting with the ATV2 or rumoured ATV3, but I would love to see an ATV3 that had some onboard storage again. I primarily use my ATV for viewing my own content, and it's annoying to have to leave my computer turned on, logged on, and with iTunes running. Particularily as they made a big deal about the ATV2 being such a low-energy device, yet for me at least it's useless without an iMac chugging away in the background. I...
I just bought one last week for work, and it "just worked". I needed a laser printer with a duplexer, picked up an HP P2055DN and as soon as I plugged in the usb cable, it was recognized and I was printing my two sided documents. Running the latest Snow Leopard on a 3year old iMac. I love not needing to even open HP's install cd.
I'm not blaming Apple per se, but I'm thinking that if the exploit has been around long enough that it's apparently 'common practice' among scummy advertisers, then I don't understand why Apple is only hearing about it since the tech blogs have brought it to the public's attention.Tallest Skil - a protected cookie option would be stellar! As for who wants to click 20 boxes before visiting a website, well today, I would. Between my last post and this one, I cleared my...
One thing I haven't read in all the threads about this is, how can we fix it? Is Apple going to fix it? Is there a setting or something we can tweak? I've manually gone through the cookies on my iMac and weeded them from 2500+ down to about 40 "legitimate" ones. It makes me very unhappy that after manually deleting a bunch of crap, after an hour of browsing there's another 50 cookies from sites I did not visit - "Block cookies from 3rd parties and advertisers" seems...
When discussing the possibility that the Titanic may encounter ice that night, J. Bruce Ismay remarked -- perhaps jokingly -- "We shall increase speed so as to get clear of the danger as quickly as possible."Different CEO, similar strategic plan.
The Loop is also doing a live feed: http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/01/1...live-coverage/ Cheers!
I don't know about elsewhere, but around here (Canada, near Toronto) it's zed. I was reading it as H-zed-Oh.