or Connect

Posts by Atashi

One thing I haven't read in all the threads about this is, how can we fix it? Is Apple going to fix it? Is there a setting or something we can tweak? I've manually gone through the cookies on my iMac and weeded them from 2500+ down to about 40 "legitimate" ones. It makes me very unhappy that after manually deleting a bunch of crap, after an hour of browsing there's another 50 cookies from sites I did not visit - "Block cookies from 3rd parties and advertisers" seems...
When discussing the possibility that the Titanic may encounter ice that night, J. Bruce Ismay remarked -- perhaps jokingly -- "We shall increase speed so as to get clear of the danger as quickly as possible."Different CEO, similar strategic plan.
The Loop is also doing a live feed: http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/01/1...live-coverage/ Cheers!
I don't know about elsewhere, but around here (Canada, near Toronto) it's zed. I was reading it as H-zed-Oh.
I love my iPad2. If I wanted to put it in a purse I'd buy a bigger purse.
I was just thinking the same thing.
Personally, I love the iPhone 4 form factor. For me, the faster processor, faster camera, and Siri had me ready to pre- order come Friday. Then it became clear that Siri isn't going to be available in Canada. What the heck? I could see some features not working, like weather or restaurants. But what's regional about setting an alarm, or reading a text message? This is my disappointment. I'm not going to pay full price for a regionally crippled product.
Can't folks just update their phones to WP 7.5? Then they would be able to run the newest everything. Or do windows phones not work like that?
No. Before Apple started calling them 'Apps' everyone else called them programs. Or rarely, executables. Or just generically, software. I've been working with computers / technology since the early 1980s and the first time I ever heard the term 'App' used to refer to software was when I started using OS X. In my experience, that is when programs became packaged in App bundles that used the suffix .app Putting them in the /Applications folder further reinforced the idea of...