or Connect

Posts by brutus009

This would be much more effective than a monetary penalty.
 Reminds me of Fight Club and how they outline a corporation's decision regarding whether to recall an automobile line in the face of negatively trending auto failures.
Such articles usually reference related history in the final paragraph to bring a casual reader up to speed. In this case I am wondering which patents were the ones in question, as December of 2012 is quite distant in my rear-view mirror.   That being said... here's an honest question: If monetary compensation cannot right the wrong, and an injunction against the sales of these devices is not allowed, then how else might Apple find relief for their damages?
This strikes me as something that would be very difficult to perfect. I mean, every projector I've ever used has always been a pain in the arse. You have to wiggle, adjust, prop, and configure the box to no end and still have to "settle" with a merely acceptable picture quality.   If anyone can do it, I trust Apple will, but I won't be buying the 1.0 version...
 I'd say just toss all the 3rd party apps into an "Add Channels" button. This way, when you unpack and setup a brand new Apple TV, you only see media related "channels" across the top row or two followed by a channel with a big "+" symbol on it. Click that and you pull up a list of all available channels and just turn on the ones you want. This accomplishes two things: 1. Removes clutter - A user is now able to slowly add content as they please. You can get a new channel,...
Lithuania isn't in western Europe...
What about the end of the article? This seems like a more exciting prospect than anything else in this post. I'm imagining brick and mortar stores that have no need to carry inventory. Suddenly you can fit a specialized store in any little hole in the wall. Folks can come in to touch and feel your product, use their phone to place an order, and then leave empty-handed knowing that their new widget is on its way to your home. No longer must you carry around bags and bags of...
 Do you prefer to listen primarily to singles? I have been very impressed with iTunes Radio in that it doesn't flood my ears with played out singles. Personally, I listen to complete albums and very nearly ignore singles entirely; for some of my albums, I couldn't even tell you which tracks were singles.
Ever since Nest announced their Protect alarm, I've been really excited about home automation. The thermostat was cool, but I don't have central air so it's not really worth it for me; as such, I largely ignored it. On the other hand, the Protect is immediately useful to anyone and everyone, so I started reading and I'm really impressed.   I can only hope that Apple's automation systems will play nice with Nest's products.
 The iPad Air displays are the same or similar to the 9.7in screens that have been in use for 2 previous generations. The manufacturing process is likely very mature due to years of process improvements and therefore experiencing minimal production fallout (i.e. high yields). They undoubtedly have adjusted manufacturing to allot more production power to the rMini displays. These are brand new screens that must be built to a brand new process; they will have brand new...