or Connect

Posts by diplication

I don't see where this affects the developers' revenue. The way that I read it, the VAT is added on after the sale price is set by the developer, so the developer is making the same money no matter where the app is sold. The final price to the consumer - the price listed in the App Store - changes from country to country to reflect different VAT rates. This seems similar (but not identical) to sales tax in the states. Different states charge different sales tax rates,...
I believe you are right. You should have the right to use the hardware any way you see fit. The software that runs your iPod is a different story. You don't own the software on your iPod, you only have a license to use the software. And unfortunately for you, to use this license, you had to agree to terms of use. So go ahead and use your hardware any way you like, just realize you are going to have to find someone to write some new software.
That's a tough target demographic - Bose has to make them a customer before the undertaker does. On the other hand what other streaming service can monetize their service with ads for Medicare part B supplements?
Won't matter. Mexico had already stormed our country and we'll just get them to rebuild the White House...at a really good price! Alguien sabe donde el Home Depot es?
Can't believe that anyone other than Putin was even considered. Not that I admire him, it's just no one else is impacting the world as much as he is . He is single-handedly changing the face of the map and world politics.
Okay, now your original statement now makes sense. Conversation should be the basic tool that an officer relies on.However I still disagree. Why bet on a losing course of action? It would be hard to take, but I would take any amount of harassment. There would be not one possible outcome that would be positive if I lashed out. Not one.
Perhaps police violence is an issue of human nature without any reference to race. Let's see what Zimbardo or Milgram would have to say. Sometimes people treat other people horrifically because of the position they are assigned or because it's what they were instructed to do. Nah, let me put the lid back on that can of worms...
I disagree. If a person is acting violently, this situation is now more difficult to defuse by just talking. That seems rather obvious to me, but I'm willing to listen as to why you think adding violent behavior to any situation makes discussion more effective.In my observations and limited personal experience, any interaction with the police is best served by letting the police stay in control of the situation. Even if I feel my civil rights are being denied, I will do...
I see the inherent danger in this job. But on the other hand, how many jobs pay you while you eat, sleep, and watch TV? If I'm picking heroes, I'd have to go with volunteer firefighter. Same job with less training and worse equipment.I would have picked police officer and high school teacher from the list as the most underpaid.
Actually I find it easier to let the gorillas play wherever the hell they please. Damn dirty apes!