or Connect

Posts by diplication

I see the inherent danger in this job. But on the other hand, how many jobs pay you while you eat, sleep, and watch TV? If I'm picking heroes, I'd have to go with volunteer firefighter. Same job with less training and worse equipment.I would have picked police officer and high school teacher from the list as the most underpaid.
Actually I find it easier to let the gorillas play wherever the hell they please. Damn dirty apes!
I can see the ED tie in though..."Why settle for It's a Small World when what you really desire is the Matterhorn, after that get ready for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!"
After reading the article title again, I wonder how you would mount a cell tower on fake airplane? Seems easier to have a airplane-mounted fake cell tower.
Not sure how I feel about this. I see the potential for abuse, but at a base level, how much of an invasion of privacy is this? If they are only collecting IMSI data and location information, I have no problem with that. This seems to be analogous to having a police car driving around checking for license plates of cars linked to suspected criminals - actually this would be more invasive as the police could observe, while driving around, the behavior of people who were...
I didn't realize the coerciocn was so heavy-handed! Those bastards!
Just think if CurrentC gets hacked. A small charge appears on your bank account, say between $1 and $10. Some people would let this charge go unchallenged - not worth the effort (It's only a couple of dollars and my time is worth more than that!). Others will assume it's just a valid charge they forgot about (That must be that latte I got the other day). Now multiply this small crime that went unchallenged by 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 and we have very profitable...
My recent experience is contrary to your assertions. I had a bogus debit card transaction reversed recently (thanks Home Depot!), and it was definitely not "no questions asked". First, my bank sent me to the local police department to report the fraud. With a case number in hand, my bank would now reverse the charge. Later, the merchant challenged the reversal, and I had to provide a written letter to my bank to dispute the merchants claims. Luckily, the fraudulent...
Yes, but the touchscreens require force to use... frankly these aren't the phones you are looking for.
Perhaps as Guy LeDouche?