or Connect

Posts by diplication

You are way too serious, read it again slowly and think about it, he was making a joke. I will admit my first reaction was the same as yours though, until I asked myself, "of all the phones why did he pick that one?"
That's California, think Texas instead. Both Spain and later Mexico encouraged colonization of what is now Texas as a buffer from American expansion. While many empresarios brought European and American colonies, there was significant Mexican emmigration as well and they received preferential treatment in land grants.
Stop candy-coating the issue.
Or you can say you always do what the voices in your head tell you to do.
Similar yet different, there are many places in the southwest where Spanish was spoken many years before any English speakers arrived. These places are usually identified by the Spanish language place names. In these places Engish speakers would be the immigrants living in tight knit communities for many generations.
I love it when someone starts a post like this. It's the equivalent of saying, "I'm not lying, but...", this lets me know I can disregard anything they have to say.Also, I have never considered an iPhone as being a candy bar style phone, if I remember correctly, before the iPhone, such a style was more commonly called a pocket pc style or PDA style.
Probably was done in the manner it was, because the reason many things are done at companies - for the person in charge of taking care of this, it wasn't about saving money, it was done because it was easier.  Researching, comparing, and setup all take time -  saving money would have required effort.
I understand what you are saying, but I can't see what point you are trying to make.  Point me in the right direction.  Also wouldn't it be more cost effective for the work phone to be bought on-contract and either pay the wireless roaming charges or slip in a new sim card (from the country you happen to be in)?
Agreed, but its not only Apple that's going to find a way to sell content without the cable companies.  There will be others - Amazon, Google, and probably some company that right now only exists in the mind of a college student somewhere.
Yeah, I know it is their worst nightmare, but I still believe they are headed there whether they like it or not.  I think eventually the competition from content delivery over wireless broadband (not anytime soon, but eventually) will push them there.  There is place for cable in the future, but its not where they are today or where they want to be tomorrow.