or Connect

Posts by river-wind

I'm still going for [Al]uminum [Po]wer[Book] AlPoBook though I admit, it doesn't really have the marketing ring to it that "LapZilla" or "Fat AlBook", I like AlPoBook better. and AlPoPuppyBook for the 12"
the first manned mission to mars was originaly scheduled for 2012, but has been pushed back to 2020. this is from a guy from Nasa who was trying to convince me I should be a NASA spaceman.
the 750FX G3 chip from IBM supports a 200Mhz FSB, IIRC. SO Upping the bus wouldn't be on IBM's shoulders. what are the chances of seeing a GPUL-G3 hybrid soon? Take the book-E structure, and use it to design a G3, and add VMX that way? May we see that chip sooner than either a G5 or a GPUL? Apple may even still call it a G4, but maybe it can clock above 1.5 more easily. Just an idea to toss out there.
[quote] well, the foveon chip is coming out in a dslr format from sigma. the model is the sigma sd-9 and is due in stores within a week or two. i have one on order. but if apple came out with a point and shoot foveon chip camera, that would be mucho cool.
Talking with a profesional photographer last week, he was comenting that the current issue with this (ie the reason he's not going to get one) is that to keep the cost down, they actually cut the chip...
I have a cheap alarm clock that has a jog dial-style controller- I can't tell you how nice it is, to both set the time and to change the radio station. all in one dial. I think this could be a very cool thing, though how would it comunicate with the machine when the machine goes to sleep? What would happen if you had a laptop, and had to leave it at work one day? You would loose all the inteligent features. As for setting the time automatically, at least in the US,...
I think Apple should offer a kensington mouse as a BTO option (like when you select how much RAM at the apple store- "Standard Apple Mouse" -or- "Kensington Pro mouse". Kensington is awsome. I had a trackball from them that my Step dad had purchased, after he died, I took it with me to college. I was over four years old when it stopped working (the ADB connectors were comming loose. A friend suggested calling them to see about warrenty stuff; I called and got a "oh,...
I hope so, I've had the same stbility issues with 10.1.5- including when I plug into my network @ work, nothing connect for about 25 minutes. Even if I manually set the network prefs, and get an IP address from the DHCP, no connection for more than 20 minutes. This did not exsist with 10.1.4, or three, or two. Dreamweaver beta quit constantly, and the other day, my keyboard randomly stopped working, had to logout/in to get it back (luckily the mouse still...
Am I the only one who remembers the Nintendo gloves from 11987 or when ever they came out? I never used them, but I heard they were terrible. I always thought it would be cool to be able to punch your hand, and the character punches. but this would require much more motion and energy from you, the player. no more 12 hour gaming marathons. We would all be in better shape, though. I can't really see this as a usefull thing, except as a 3d tool- model a creature as if...
ug, I hope not. I love my Newton, and hate my brother in law's Palm, because of the stupid writing box on the palm. On the newton, you can write or draw anywhere on the screen. that's why it was usefull for me. scetch a map real quick, write the names of landmarks, and directions, and then print it out an give it to someone. my newton got me through college. I can't even use the palm's grafitti crud for more than a few minutes. If I was that interested in writing in...
does anyone know how difficult it would be to have a mobo with a FSB speed switch? It could be that the rackmount setup is designed for not-yet exsisting chips, which could be verified by the presence of a FSP speed toggle switch of some kind (or something similar) on the mobo. up for 133mhz for the current G4's get a new G4 that handles DDR, flip the switch, and you have a 266mhz FSB or better. Anyone have access to one of the servers, and could take a look for how...