or Connect

Posts by hekal

Interesting, looks like the G3/400 Pismo uses a daughtercard for upgradability. Here's some info on everymac.com. http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/stats/powerbook_g3_400_fw.html The plot thickens. [quote]Originally posted by hekal: The Win 2000 installer will blow away the Mac partition with no trouble. As long as they are the same...
The Win 2000 installer will blow away the Mac partition with no trouble. As long as they are the same TYPE of drive I should be okay. btw, I missed you guys. Also, I do not think it was upgraded. She received it as a gift some months back. I need to just go have a look at it. I will report back once I find out more. [quote]Originally posted by Ender: Yes, the hard drives will swap fine, although you will have to do something to get the operating systems...
Ever since installing 10.1.1, the ssh client will not work. This happens no matter where I try to connect. This is the nornal 2.9p1 (I had been using 3.0 and it was working. Downgraded to test this.) Will keep tinkering. Here's a capture: [dogbert:~] gary% ssh -v blah.com OpenSSH_3.0p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f debug1: Reading configuration data /usr/local/etc/ssh_config debug1: Seeding random number generator debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled,...
Again I ask.. Will a 2.5" ATA66 hard disk from this PC notebook work in the Pismo? [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage: She proabbly has a PowerBook G3 Pismo. They are cool. Incredibly cool.
Oh I plan to look at the thing before making the swap. Let me get specs on the Intel. 15.1" TFT screen 228megs current RAM, 288max 18gig hard disk, which I want to swap out with the PB G3. Stuff like video and sound are irrelevant to me. Do not know if the Intel uses ATA/66 or ATA/33.. I assume 66, which should work fine in the PB. Any ideas? [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict: The G3 will pretty much tear the PIII 450 to pieces. How large is the screen...
I was thinking it's a G3. But I had her go into Apple System Profiler and check the CPU and she did report it as being a G4, and it was 400mhz because I asked her to look. She isn't overly Mac-saavy, but she's always said it's a G4. I am going to actually go look at it. As long as I know there are no black powebook G4's I am content. Now this brings the next question, is it still worth the swap. I have a PIII-450 notebook with 228megs RAM and an 18gig HDD. I told her I...
Were any of the Powerbook G4s NOT titanium??? A friend of mine received a Powerbook G4 as a gift and she isn't a Mac person. I said I would trade her my Intel notebook for her PBG4. Hers is a G4-400, mines a P3-450.. I think I'm getting the long end of the stick. I asked her if it's a titanium colored computer, but she said no it's black. It was my understanding that there are no black PBG4's. I looked all over the net and could find no black PBG4's. Anyway, she's not...
I did this on 10.0.4 and the system was just as speedy as ever. Launching new apps was slower than normal, but currently running apps chugged away without a burp. Click to see. [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX: I tried going through some (okay, A LOT) of Carbon and Cocoa (no Classic) apps to stress-test my Mac. Well, after a while I tried running 'top' in the terminal, I got the message...
And I "whant" you to use OmniWeb and the system spellchecker. Both are about equally likely to happen! [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000: Why dose OS X not have the user premtions control panel like oS 9 had? Were I can say this user can read CD's but can not mess with the control panels. I whant that back!
type: man chmod [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000: Why dose OS X not have the user premtions control panel like oS 9 had? Were I can say this user can read CD's but can not mess with the control panels. I whant that back!