or Connect

Posts by photodenk

I think you misread my question. I am not claiming there are sources stating that the current models can be upgraded to support CarPlay. I am trying to figure out why the couldn't be and Honda is saying it will only come out in new models. Honda is able to install software updates for their own infotainment system so I am trying to understand why one of those software updates couldn't also allow for CarPlay mirroring. If there is an update to Honda's current system, the...
Can someone explain why existing infotainment systems can't be updated to support CarPlay? Honda's new systems can be updated via CD if you take it into a dealer. Any chance they would be able to update the system to work with CarPlay or is it really a hardware change?
I hope this just ends up being for over-the-ear phones and not earbuds.
. I'm pretty sure macinthe408 was joking in reference to the new Takata news today.
Sorry, I meant to word that as a conjecture. I would not be surprised if the current 13" Unibody15 (non-retina display) is taken down. I forgot that the 15" Unibody is already gone. 
What is the likelihood that they release basic component updates this week and then still announce some sort of redesign in a couple weeks (i.e since the Unibody has phased out, the current design takes over as the base model)?
Mine never disappeared but the live stream consistently freezes but doesn't on my iPad.
Apple needs to be careful about overextending itself into making products they don't specialize in. One of the accomplishments of Jobs when he returned to Apple was cutting out products they shouldn't be making (e.g printers). Force touch could be great technology to pair with a stylus but the better move would be for Apple to team up with the likes of Wacom who specialize in graphics hardware to make more compatible products much like they encourage and feature developers...
Agreed -- Sounds like American made a statement wrongfully making it sound like it was a device issue also. I thought there was a certain amount of backup manuals the pilots had to carry anyway. They at least should have paperwork at the gate they could put on the plane. The iPad doesn't run the plane and neither does the app. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours to come up with a manual fix. Fact that American seems to think it is valid to expect a computer to always be...
The biggest thing this changes is that it eliminates the need to AirPlay NBC LiveExtra which is a really nice improvement over relying on AirPlay during heavy data streams.