or Connect

Posts by SmileyDude

But that's not really a good criteria -- for example, I was out of work for a few months many years ago and I spent those months brushing up on new skills. I didn't apply for any jobs during that time.  At the end, I was able to find a job using those new skills.  If I had applied for that job right after the previous job, I would not have been qualified for it and most likely would not have gotten it. My point is that just because someone has been unemployed doesn't mean...
Presumably if Starbucks wasn't using encryption for the network connection, we would've heard about this already as well since the app was under scrutiny by a security researcher. Also it's likely that the team that works on the network side of thing is completely different than the team that worked on the iOS app. If the servers already required encryption on their end, the iOS app would've had to use it. Most likely, whoever developed the iOS app just wasn't aware of...
On a more serious note, I don't understand how they missed this to begin with.  Apple provides the keychain for storing exactly this kind of sensitive data.  It's not a super easy API to use, but there are plenty of wrappers out there and it's certainly something that shouldn't take more than a few hours to get working. I've implemented it myself in a few apps, so I'm familiar with how long it would take to do.  A bigger project like the Starbucks app would certainly have...
Well they already stole your phone by this time -- why not let them slide on the coffee and cake and just focus on what's important?
 Sorry, but it is impossible to do anything real on a smartphone.Sorry, but it is impossible to do anything real on the web.Sorry, but it is impossible to do anything real with a GUI.Sorry, but it is impossible to do anything real on a PC.Sorry, but it is impossible to do anything real on a minicomputer. The game remains the same, only the players have changed... when will people stop falling into this trap and get out of the way of the people that are actually doing real...
Xcode 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 (can't remember exactly which one) added in the ability to make a 64-bit app for iOS 7 and still target iOS 6 with 32-bit only.  I just recently went through and updated our app at work to support 64-bit and we still support iOS 6 as well.
Not sure what your reasoning is -- if Apple would've kept to their prior strategy, the iPhone 5 would be 16GB and in the same price slot as the 5C is today.  The 5C is effectively a 5 with a newer case/design, better front facing camera and better battery for the same price.   Plus I'm not really convinced that we would see heavy discounts on the iPhone 5 if they had went with that strategy -- it was a high precision design that makes sense on your flagship product, but...
 I'm sure future resale value took a hit, but do you think it took more of a hit than the $200 difference in price between what he paid for the 5C and the 16GB 5S?  If it didn't, then this is a smart move overall.   Also, for some people, the resell value doesn't factor in as much as having a newer phone right now.  We picked up two 5Cs in our family -- one was to replace a 64GB 4S.  My wife wasn't using the 64GB of storage and the resell value of the 4S was around $350 or...
If Apple shipped a 4:3 display with a 4k horizontal resolution, it would have more pixels than an UHD display. I don't think there would be an issue with them calling that a 4K display, except knowing Apple, they would probably come up with their own term for it. Retina Pro, anyone?
With a resolution of 2048x1536, I would be okay with saying the iPad already has a 2k display.If the 12.9" iPad is a real thing, they probably would want to make sure the DPI is high enough to warrant the Retina name. Current iPad resolutions would be a bit low DPI wise on a 12.9" display. But doubling the resolution again would get them to a high enough DPI, make it easier on developers and have a 4K display as well. If they can pull it off, it would be a big win for...