or Connect

Posts by SmileyDude

And not only that, but there have been USB audio adapters for years now.  Apple could certainly make a small USB-C -> 3.5mm audio adapter. Of course, there is the issue that John Siracusa brought up on Accidental Tech Podcast -- the 3.5mm audio jack is a quick way to stop sound from coming out of the speakers.  USB adapters also work, but they have a bit of lag in how fast the system will switch over to them.  And depending on your settings, the machine might not even...
Patience -- I'm sure it's going to happen. There wasn't any options for Force Touch on any Mac just a few weeks ago. Now there is a 13" MacBook Pro, a "coming soon" 12" MacBook and the Apple Watch next month as well.  They are just getting started.  I would bet that all of the laptops will have Force Touch by their next revision, along with the iPhone as well. Even Apple can't snap their fingers and magically have Force Touch in everything.  Transitions take time, even by...
How hard is it for the AppleInsider staff to post a link in the article to the source? There are lots of links to other AI articles, but nothing to the actual Apple page where the 77% stat is quoted from.  There is even a link to the Android stats.   This is ridiculous.   For those curious, here is the source link for the Apple stats -- https://developer.apple.com/support/appstore/
My guess is that Intel didn't have the quad core Broadwell chips that Apple wanted for the 15" ready.  The 13" models are all dual core with Iris GPUs.  But the 15" models are all quad core with Iris Pro GPUs (and one lone NVIDIA GPU at the top end).  Once the CPUs are ready, we'll probably see an updated 15" as well. 
You misspelled coupon there at the end.
You can certainly feel anger at whatever you choose, but personally, I feel there are enough things that actually deserve my anger than for me to start finding new things to be angry about. Did Apple make a promise to have a monitor with more than one input? If so, I might be angry if they decided to break that promise -- especially if I had been making plans based on that promise.  But since they never made such a promise, I can only really be disappointed about them not...
 I just had to look on my work 24" Cinema Display -- I had never really noticed the sleep button on it or missed having one on my 27" at home.  Both displays sleep when the machine sleeps, so no big deal to me.  I have the machine setup to sleep after a reasonable amount of time and I can always go choose Sleep from the Apple menu if I really wanted to.  
Anger? Really? If you need more than one input then clearly you just need to look at different monitors.  It doesn't anger me that other companies don't make displays like the Thunderbolt Display where I can hook up two cables to my MacBook Pro and have everything work. And honestly, I don't think Apple would hold anything against you for not buying their display.  They clearly have designed their machines to work with more than just their own displays -- my MacBook and my...
We are splitting hairs here. Of course Apple is providing 16GB of storage on the device. That's not at all in question. But what isn't obvious is that of that 16GB, there is a chunk dedicated to the OS, another chunk dedicated to a recovery partition, some more lost in overhead, etc, etc.  It's obvious to people like us who frequent tech sites and have lived with this stuff for years. But for most people, it's not at all obvious.  I have to explain this all the time to...
Where does the adequate research end? The box says 16GB of storage. A reasonable expectation is that it would hold 16GB of files. When I bought a refrigerator, it listed it's capacity in cubic feet. That capacity wasn't reduced by the motor and other internals -- that was already taken out of the listed capacity. At some point the consumer has to trust the manufacturer -- should they have to know how much space *could* be taken up by a future OS update? There is no way for...