or Connect

Posts by Apple v. Samsung

Im not to sure. My old phone the Nexus S did it. When I got this phone T-mobile Optimus T when my Nexus went for a swim in the Sacramento River. But my Optimus T allows the searching from the search button. I know because I just did it a second ago to make sure. The optimus T runs (barely at that) 2.2. Froyo. Its a Shitty phone that made for a great Replacement in hard times. I ended up paying more for this POS then most of the people on this site have paid for their iPhones.
Actually it is built into the SDK to have the share interactions. Dropbox, twitter, and thousands of other apps have that built in. Rather then building it into the OS. Google made it a code in the SDK so that everything would be able to share it like that. So I could open drop box click share and it will bring up the list of Application with the that Specific share code in them. So I could share from drop box to twitter if I so wanted to from my phone. Its not integration...
Well this is what many of the people who purchase android phones where told by the store reps. When they go in there looking for an iPhone and they are told we do not carry one. But this phone her is just like the iPhone "you can download apps and listen to music just like an iPhone". Those people being the consumers whom don't research a product before they buy it will believe its like an iPhone and thus its an iPhone clone. When they actually use the OS they will not...
I honestly think a lot of the iPhone New iPhone Converts will return back to android. Many of them move over to the iPhone due to the hype. They have this impression that Android is just a clone of iOS and will run the exact same (please don't start a flame war over this leave it as it is). The two OSs have their similarities but they have vast differences. These differences will undoubtedly push some back to Android. One huge difference is in the way content is shared...
Considering you would normally hold a 4.65 inch screen further from your eyes then a 3.5inch I would actually say that the Crispness on the nexus S will be better. Consider.. 3.5 at 326 4.65 at 316 326/3.5 316/4.65 which one is better.
I really do like the way that google is moving with this. The beam feature does seem like a very worthwhile thing to have in my phone. The folders feature was boring if you ask me. Current android phones already have it (android had it before iOS believe it or not). However its not needed that much on android because as many of you know android stores all of the app links in a Centralized applications drawer and not on the home screen. The changes to the Camera App I feel...
So should they really invest millions just to make iPhone release date go smother. As a current AT&T employee I can tell you our activation server rarely has any issues. Also its obvious that most companies do not bother to invest for one day tolls on their servers. For instance Apple's servers on Wednesday had a lot of issues with the iOS 5 downloads. Maybe you don't remember that. AT&T also rarely does "activations" its only the iPhone that requires to be activated with...
So AT&T should spend more on its servers or sell less on launch day just so people don't have to wait a little bit. You are an early adopter and its the price to pay. Its only the activations that are taking a long time.iCloud is Apple not AT&T. And yeah Wednesday Apple suffered some issues with the iOS 5 release.
Why is it that so many of you feel the need to blame AT&T for the server issues? First of all this is a ONE DAY A YEAR thing. It would be stupid of at&t to invest in their servers just for this one day. Why would they when they work great the entire year.
This will just make it bad for tech over all. Can you tell a samsung Tv, Lg Tv, Sony TV, and Vizio TV from 20 feet away. This may set a precedent going the wrong way.