or Connect

Posts by Apple v. Samsung

one thing to note is that Samsung's smart phone growth increased over the last quarter while their over all market share stayed roughly the same. What does this mean? They are moving more people off of feature phones to Smartphones. Same with LG and many of the other giant OEMs like Motorola. They have both Smartphones and basic phones. They are not selling more smart phones and less feature phones.
Since when did google own Motorola Mobility. I know they are in the process of purchasing MM at the moment. But it is BAU until the deal goes through.
Yeah those numbers are quite low. Being a current employee at a call center for one of the telcoms I can tell what that means also. Because all of the big four are Post-paid, and their are usage charges customers are charged after they use. This means that a customer who goes his/her minute allotment will get a charge on their next month bill for it. These customer see this and then call us and want it refunded. Our policy is to re-rate them and refund them for the...
You will just get some stupid post saying he stole android and the ridicules picture of one prototype then the G1. They Fail to notice the change in market demand led to the change in the finish product. Instead they will believe Eric Schmidt sat on the board stilling ideas. Despite Apple knew for at least two years before the release of the iPhone that Google was planing a mobile operating system. They believe that it Eric would not have been asked to leave due to...
Get a Nexus if you want a device with timely updates. Most people buy a smart phone for what they can do at the time of purchase. Most don't look forward to some new feature that they plan to get in the future, if they did they would buy the phone in the future. I work for a large cellphone company. I get calls all the time from iPhones. When I have to troubleshoot the customer's issue first thing I need to do is verify if they have the most current Software their...
Gamers are not truning to iOS. Most gamers don't consider iOS a gaming platform. Yeah they have some great GPUs for a mobile device but that is only half the story in games. Most of it is controls. And with all due respect. iOS has nothing on a button controller. You can't beat buttons with Touch. You can see the difference in the depth of the games. Most iOS games are really just arcade Style games and simple racers. While a portable Has more interactive games like God of...
Im not to sure. My old phone the Nexus S did it. When I got this phone T-mobile Optimus T when my Nexus went for a swim in the Sacramento River. But my Optimus T allows the searching from the search button. I know because I just did it a second ago to make sure. The optimus T runs (barely at that) 2.2. Froyo. Its a Shitty phone that made for a great Replacement in hard times. I ended up paying more for this POS then most of the people on this site have paid for their iPhones.
Actually it is built into the SDK to have the share interactions. Dropbox, twitter, and thousands of other apps have that built in. Rather then building it into the OS. Google made it a code in the SDK so that everything would be able to share it like that. So I could open drop box click share and it will bring up the list of Application with the that Specific share code in them. So I could share from drop box to twitter if I so wanted to from my phone. Its not integration...
Well this is what many of the people who purchase android phones where told by the store reps. When they go in there looking for an iPhone and they are told we do not carry one. But this phone her is just like the iPhone "you can download apps and listen to music just like an iPhone". Those people being the consumers whom don't research a product before they buy it will believe its like an iPhone and thus its an iPhone clone. When they actually use the OS they will not...
I honestly think a lot of the iPhone New iPhone Converts will return back to android. Many of them move over to the iPhone due to the hype. They have this impression that Android is just a clone of iOS and will run the exact same (please don't start a flame war over this leave it as it is). The two OSs have their similarities but they have vast differences. These differences will undoubtedly push some back to Android. One huge difference is in the way content is shared...