or Connect

Posts by BestKeptSecret

I guess each person has a preference.  I myself use the Phone app to get to contacts. I have seen the Contacts icon on my phone and done a double take on a few occasions. For some reason, it is the last Apple app to register. I can recognise all the others immediately but not this one. Overall though, I stick to the default apps for most part, unless I really cannot use them, like Maps. I have not installed another browser, another calendar app or another notes app on my...
I used a credit and got a free audio-book copy of it on Audible. I will still buy the hardback. Audio-Books don't really appeal to me much. The voice kills any imagination, which makes reading a book fun.   Either that, or I love the sound of my own mental reading!
The iPhone 5 comes to mind. None of the pictures did justice to it. When I saw the black one in person, it looked legen... wait for it... dary!! That's the one I bought. That being said, I love the Apple Watch with the stainless steel link bracelet a lot. Fingers crossed I should have it sometime in May/ June.
When I tried using my card that has a chip on it abroad (UK), every terminal where I shoved it into the card reader, the transaction was approved without my entering the PIN but asked for a signature verification.  I wonder if card PINs are country-specific, i.e., only work in the country where the card was issued.
 And I can attest that the experiment will be a success!
Wish I discovered this website when the iPad was going to be launched... I would have loved to see what the ratio of optimists to skeptics was back then.   I have a trip scheduled to the UK shortly. It would have been nice if it was a couple of weeks later and co-incided with the release of the Apple Watch in the UK. I would have picked it up in a hurry!
I remember quite a few times when I installed Java on my iMac and then after just a couple of days, it would be outdated.    I don't bother with Java now. If I run into some website that says I don't have the latest version of Java installed, I simply navigate away. 
Tallest Skil
And speaking of Civil War, it was a pretty bad storyline. The ending was so lame, with one protagonist just deciding to give up. It was out of the blue and completely killed a tale that was already on life-support. Marvel - where our heroes are always fighting each other.
WTF?? Now I HAVE to buy the iPad Air 2!!