or Connect

Posts by BestKeptSecret

What the F? So the "advanced selfie features" are that you can take automatic selfies of your hand? To trigger a selfie, I have the "convenience" to wave my hand in front of the lens? Who thought that was a bright idea? There really is many a slip 'tween the cup and the lip.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
I wonder how many of the products showcased at CES finally make it to the market.    On another topic, I am a bit underwhelmed by the screenshots I have seen of CarPlay. I get that the idea is to not draw attention to itself, given that the foremost thing a driver must be doing is drive, but the UI seems like the older version of the Apple TV Interface, with "glowy" icons and hazy text.  The Apple TV UI now has crisper text so it is much better. I hope CarPlay is...
As of now, the 5K Retina Display iMac cannot be used as an external monitor owing to the power requirements. The question is, once Macs start shipping with Thunderbolt 3 (which would have enough juice to drive the monitor), would the current 5K iMacs support them (since they are not Thunderbolt 3), or will it suffice if just the connecting Mac had Thunderbolt 3, making the 5K iMac a passive screen?
   Yup, it's for Tim's other passion - Fries!
If it is nonsense, he's definitely serious about it.
 So a kind of 'smart meter' then. Sounds interesting. Hope it is not vapourware!
The thing that makes people read FCUK as FUÇK... it makes me read B.K.Yoon as 'Booyah' every time.    I am in the market for a new refrigerator. It is a pity that Apple doesn't make any!
Sales of vinyl have gone up for the first time since 1997. However, if you look at the entire pie, the sales were only some million+ or so, making it just a blip on the radar.   Vinyl is still a niche medium. If you look at the top 10 sellers for 2014, 5 of them are old albums (2 by Oasis, 1 by Led Zep, 1 by The Stone Roses and 1 by Floyd) and one is a new album by an old band (Floyd). So it is more of a novelty than something that will rescue the music industry.
A digitizer on the screen is what is needed from a hardware perspective. You would then not have any of the lag and control issues that the current crop of stylii have. The Samsung Galaxy Note has one but I read that it is not widely supported by all apps. As with all things Samsung, the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. If it turns up on the iPad Pro I assume Apple will do a much better job with the integration and implementation.