or Connect

Posts by BestKeptSecret

Not really talking about the topic directly, but the MO of the competitors seems to be some half-baked "solution" and then point and laugh at Apple.   Our OS takes up too much space - we will support SD cards - yeah! Better than Apple. Our phone operations eat up the battery very fast - include an additional battery in our package - yeah! Better than Apple. Our phone operations eat up the battery very fast - turn off everything on the phone, leave a B/W screen where a...
Moving forward, I see at least a couple of things that Apple is doing to address the storage issue:   1. All Apps need to be 64-bit. If I read that correctly, they do not have to support 32-bit mode and based on some vague memories, it should theoretically reduce the App sizes, which would reduce their footprint on the device.   2. iCloud Photos - Store on iCloud at full resolution and have a lo-res version on the device.   These are as far as known/ confirmed...
As someone who does have a modicum of understanding in why I do not get 16GB for myself when I buy a 16GB device, I still end up dreaming about using the entire 16GB space. It is just that the average customers are wired that way.   The only way to properly drill the difference in would be for almost PSA style campaigns highlighting the difference in what is advertised and what you actually get. People seem to accept 16/32/64/128 pretty well now, rather than 10/100/1000....
 I've grown pretty used to the size now. So much so that I find my wife's 5S tiny whenever I use it. I also keep toggling the mute/ orientation lock switch on my iPad Air whenever I want to turn it off. And I hold the home button a little longer expecting it to unlock till I realise it does not have a fingerprint scanner! I have never used any iPhone as much as I have used my 6Plus. And I have used all of them except the 6.  DON'T. DO. IT! I think the Gold shine has worn...
OT, so apologies for this.   @GTR, nice way to start the new year. A Happy New Year to you and to all the other forum members as well!   This is the only Apple site I visit on a daily basis and I love it here!
 Of course we hate free stuff. We drink Apple Koolaid! We overpay for all our stuff. What, are we 'Droid-heads here? We don't want free stuff. Just in case... /s
Thanks @TheralSadurns. Looks like it is a nice way to use older iPads. I hope they fix the retina display issue soon.
It would help if there were some screenshots of actual usage. Can I also drag and drop from one screen to the other? Can I use the Touchpad on the Mac to control the stuff on the iPad? Will the stuff displayed on the iPad respond to touch or will it remain a passive screen as long as I am in the app? 
I am in the exact opposite camp right now. For about 5 years I have been using an iMac at home and a MBP with Windows 7 at work.  Now that my actual coding has reduced, I have removed Windows completely. I just have an AWS setup for the occasional debugging, but now I work on OS X and it is amazing!    Sure, I still am tied to MS services like TFS, Outlook and Office. But working with them on the Mac environment is probably the best compromise.   All said and done, MS...
 This is the foremost question on my mind right now. When is the next Mac Pro going to release? When will the next generation of Xeon chips release? When will TB3 come out?  Apple resellers have stopped selling BTO options here in India due to some Customs issues, which means that I have no option of getting an i7 based desktop - never mind my dream souped up 5K iMac. I have started considering the Mac Pro but given that it has been over a year since the model released, I...