or Connect

Posts by BestKeptSecret

Imagine - one developer submits a new fart app. Apple declines to host it on the App Store. The reason given is "there are already too many fart apps". The developer then goes on to argue that his app is better than most. "My app farts better than his app". An App Store review board then sits and listens to the farting of 24,673 apps and compares it to the new one and then decides to drop one of the existing ones to include the new one. The guy whose app was dropped gets...
If that is the 38mm version, I'm glad I'm hoping to get the 42mm version.  I got a thing for big watches!
Well, I have hunch that Disney will clean up and release the unaltered OT to hype the release of The Force Awakens. I've held off buying the blu-rays.   The good news is that I already have the OT special editions on iTunes!!
Thanks. I stand corrected. The point I was trying to make was that, so-called 1080p movies on iTunes are already compressed to almost a 10th of the blu-ray size. So there obviously would be some additional compression if 4K becomes available for streaming (when compared to the theoretical 4K disc), which would negate all the space/ bandwidth constraints that @jameskatt2 mentioned. @herbapou's post is a lot clearer though.
 I never did understand the point of curved screens. I fail to see how it would be more immersive. A building-sized cinerama, I can understand. But a 108" home TV being curved doesn't make sense. As a wise man once said - "fuçk Neil Young"!
Yes, I have to agree that compression was ignored in the arguments put forth by @jameskatt2. Even now, if I copy a Blu-ray uncompressed to my hard drive, it is 30-40 GB, but the same movie on iTunes would be about 4-5 GB for the same 1080p definition.
As long as you didn't buy that ridiculously expensive "I Am Rich" app, you're fine!!
 I see they are giving out apples at Sentosa Island in Singapore.You either use the apple to open your room, or you trade an apple to get a room key, based on this Watch app.
 Now where's TS with the Jonathan "not sure if serious" Ive pic?
Actually, I use Google Maps all the time here. It allows for good searches, directions and dynamic re-routing as well.  Apple Maps is very finicky about searches and I have no idea what format it is expecting it in. Addresses sometime aren't very straight forward, so more often than not I get nothing in the search results.And if I try to look for directions, it says directions are not available. I keep checking Apple Maps on and off to see if the services have opened up,...