or Connect

Posts by BestKeptSecret

I would love the Pro to have a digitiser on the screen to account for lag and accuracy. In fact, if the Pro does turn out to be a reality this year, for me it will be the Apple product of the year, even though I am really excited about the Apple Watch. P.S. Hope you are feeling better now. Someone has quoted you!
Apple Maps is practically unusable here in India, but when I was in London, I used it all the time and never once had to go to Google Maps.    In terms of usability and UI, Apple Maps really is ahead of Google Maps. When it works!
 I guess each person has a preference.  I myself use the Phone app to get to contacts. I have seen the Contacts icon on my phone and done a double take on a few occasions. For some reason, it is the last Apple app to register. I can recognise all the others immediately but not this one. Overall though, I stick to the default apps for most part, unless I really cannot use them, like Maps. I have not installed another browser, another calendar app or another notes app on my...
I used a credit and got a free audio-book copy of it on Audible. I will still buy the hardback. Audio-Books don't really appeal to me much. The voice kills any imagination, which makes reading a book fun.   Either that, or I love the sound of my own mental reading!
The iPhone 5 comes to mind. None of the pictures did justice to it. When I saw the black one in person, it looked legen... wait for it... dary!! That's the one I bought. That being said, I love the Apple Watch with the stainless steel link bracelet a lot. Fingers crossed I should have it sometime in May/ June.
When I tried using my card that has a chip on it abroad (UK), every terminal where I shoved it into the card reader, the transaction was approved without my entering the PIN but asked for a signature verification.  I wonder if card PINs are country-specific, i.e., only work in the country where the card was issued.
 And I can attest that the experiment will be a success!
Wish I discovered this website when the iPad was going to be launched... I would have loved to see what the ratio of optimists to skeptics was back then.   I have a trip scheduled to the UK shortly. It would have been nice if it was a couple of weeks later and co-incided with the release of the Apple Watch in the UK. I would have picked it up in a hurry!
I remember quite a few times when I installed Java on my iMac and then after just a couple of days, it would be outdated.    I don't bother with Java now. If I run into some website that says I don't have the latest version of Java installed, I simply navigate away. 
Tallest Skil