or Connect

Posts by BestKeptSecret

'Cos we don't have a choice? What are you going to do if you want the best tablet? Boycott the iPad because of tab reloads?
 Sog's been banned for some reason. Wonder what all that was about.
Man, reading this thread with @Lord Amhran, @DroidFTW and @d4NjvRzf versus Corrections reminds me of those Kung-fu movies I watched as a child with one guy taking on 3-4 people. Or like Neo versus Agent Smith in Matrix Reloaded!
I'd never waste my time posting on a story that I am not interested in or have an active dislike of. If I have a dislike for something, I'll say it once and then STFU. No point swarming every thread with 'epic fail', 'LOL suckzzz', etc.   I am as excited about the Apple Watch as I was when I bought the first iPhone. For years the only source of excitement was a newer phone, or a newer iPad. Macs were far and few between. But now we have something totally new. And I just...
 Apple does not hold a patent on rounded rectanglesi
At first I thought it was 2 stacked MacPros. It looks pretty nice.   Amazon's 2 biggest strengths are it's customer service and AWS. I myself use EC2 a lot.   I guess CloudFront will be the major Web Service driving this. Considering this is one-way, Glacier won't come into play just yet.
iPad Usage - Dominates N.A. Android Usage - N/A
@digitalclips thank you so much for the information.   I think those numbers make sense. After all, it is only the initial upload of existing photos that will take time and be huge. After that, 1000 photos per day in Family Sharing, 100 shared albums, etc., sound pretty decent.   No doubt the numbers will go up once all the kinks are worked out.   I am already paying for 500GB iCloud storage in anticipation of storing photos on iCloud.
Yay! My off-site backup is almost ready!   Movies I lose, I can re-buy. Comics that get erased from the system, I can re-download. Music that goes will come again via iTunes Match. For me, photos were the only endangered files. If I lose them, they are gone. I keep them on 2 different machines + a Time Machine backup on a drive. With iCloud Photos I will have off-site backup as well. I'm just waiting for it to get polished before I go all out.
I've already seen this on The Big Bang Theory.