or Connect

Posts by rob53

I already dropped Google for just about everything and after the email data mining revelation, I suggested dropping gmail to several family members and friends. Using Yahoo for search isn't that bad and I only occasionally use Google maps when something doesn't work in Apple Maps. I got rid of my gmail account months ago and am glad I did. gmail had all sorts of problems for me when managing email using Apple Mail (go ahead and say it way Apple Mail's fault, I don't care,...
I bought a 2013 Toyota Tacoma with the base display audio system (no navigation). Other than having a difficult time finding drawings or the original audio system manufacturer (non/JBL), Crutchfield lists all the things I wouldn't be able to keep if I replaced the factory head unit with any aftermarket unit, even a GPS navigation receiver; no USB or AUX input or XM satellite. It doesn't say anything about hands-free dialing but this is handled on the touch screen as well...
Does Square own any patents or would this purchase only give them customers? If the latter, then $8B is crazy.
brad, you didn't read the rest of my comment, just like politicians. Daniel isn't insulting Apple, he's simply presenting the facts brought out at the trial. As for slide-to-unlock, Samsung and others tried their own way to unlock a phone and couldn't come up with something that worked well for the customer. You take a lot of things for granted, like nothing is new or unique or desirable for the user. The first cell phone I had was a pain to turn on and operate so I bought...
Daniel is educating people with cold hard facts, not throwing out rumors like other sites. I know the choir knows everything but I've never seen these documents, which prove to me Samsung copied a ton of the iPhone and whether the courts feel software should be patented or not, they still blatantly copied Apple. Something needs to be done and if the courts aren't willing to stand up for any kind of original designs then we might as well get rid of the entire judicial...
If I remember correctly, the tickets can't be re-sold (scalped). They can only be used by the registered owner. Does this mean they check your ID when you get your badge? Don't remember since I haven't been to a WWDC for several years.
Voice control-- my wife and kids hate it when I yell at the TV so why would I want to have to worry about yelling something that would change channels in the middle of a football game? Wait, the TV networks already break for commercials, why help them?   Amazon can push whatever they want to as the next best thing but their TV box is tied to their ecosystem and uses Android, case closed for me.
def: "In probability theory and statistics, Bayes' theorem (alternatively Bayes' law or Bayes' rule) is a result that is of importance in the mathematical manipulation of conditional probabilities. It is a result that derives from the more basicaxioms of probability. ... Although Bayes theorem is commonly used to determine the probability of an event occurring, it can also be applied to verify someones credibility as a prognosticator. Many pundits claim to be able to...
The iPro lens setup uses a bayonet mount to their case. Will Apple's patent cause problems with iPro or the other way around?
What's explicit anymore? George Carlin made news with his 7 explicit words that could never be said on TV yet I believe every single one of them is now used, at least on cable. Daytime TV uses several on them. Kids use them because their friends and family use them. I'm not condoning their use but it really isn't Apple's problem to regulate their use. There are a lot of people who say they don't swear but they still use offensive language and they are not stopped by any...