or Connect

Posts by rob53

I'm going to sound like a typical student here but I can't find this iTune U course. iTunes only lists the Stanford and Higher College of Technologies courses while nothing is listed under the Swift developer site. Any ideas?
This might be nice but it won't keep a student's attention for very long. This is the instant gratification generation. Knowing what happens behind the scenes doesn't really matter. All that matters if getting the product out. Robots and canned applications rule so why use a text editor to learn programming (makes sense for someone called @ascii) when you can bypass all the basic stuff and get create an app right away? (only a little sarcasm but think about it a little...)...
Wow, to me 2015 is a lot different than 1985, which is also a lot different than the early 1950's when I was born. I guess you haven't lived through much to see the differences. That being said, wireless charging is actually called inductive charging using a magnetic field to transfer energy between two devices. To many people, inductive charging is beyond their understanding while wireless simply means no wired connections ("dumb" things down so more people can understand...
This is the Navy's excuse for still using Windows XP and paying Microsoft a bundle of money to keep supporting it. What costs more to support old or non-secure software? The time it takes to retool or the time and cost it takes to continuously fix and patch software that isn't functioning properly or not supported by the manufacturer? Yes, a Model T still runs but you don't see more of them in a museum than on the road. Time to get with the 21st century.
I finally removed Flash from all my Macs a few months ago and so far haven't found a website where I really need it. I make use of Safari's Develop tab using the iPad User Agent. This gives me a non-Flash page that works 90% of the time. I just wish these websites would see I don't have Flash and automatically use HTML5. I know Flash is used for more than simple video but it's constant updating for security fixes makes it a product that should be removed from all computers...
The Best Buys I've seen lately are half empty shells of a store trying to remain relevant in today's world of on-line buying and megastores (which I hate). They are pushing Samsung more than Apple, probably because they are getting more kickbacks from Samsung and none from Apple (who doesn't need to). Their display racks for everything are messy and difficult to find accessories for specific phone models. The telltale sign is the constant line at the Geek Squad counter,...
For now, but that seems to be a big deal with a lot of people and could be a reason for the huge price drop.
I see they're dumping the models that can't run all of iOS 9, which could be nice for some people but has made these obsolete once iOS 9 is released.
I don't have Flash installed and some websites will go ahead and give me HTML5 video so some websites have code that actually checks. I like your idea and would be satisfied with the three that usually work with plugins. I wonder if Adobe has some legal requirements with website operators that forbid them from blocking Flash if it's there. I assume there's code in websites that can determine what platform and OS is being used, which is why iOS sites either give you HTML5...
My point exactly. Something as simple as Jacquie Lawson e-cards works the same way on an iPhone as it does on my iMac as long as I change Safari to emulate an iPad. I sent an email to them asking about this and I believe they said to change browsers. I refuse to use anything from Google I don't have to including Chrome so that's not the answer (@payeco) so maybe Apple can interrogate the web site, check to see if Flash is on the site and automatically change to HTML5. I...