or Connect

Posts by rob53

It depends on what screen you're talking about. If you have a navigation system that includes lots of controlling features for your vehicle, then waiting for that manufacturer to patch their system with the CarPlay application would be the best way to go. If your screen is part of your vehicle stereo system, you would end up taking that out and replacing it with the Alpine or Pioneer head units. These typically don't have input ports for non-stereo types of things. I just...
$2/day for any single channel (I know ESPN has a ton of specialized channels) is too much for me but I do like the idea of unhooking channels from cable/satellite and letting people pay for what they want without having to also have a cable/satellite subscription. Hopefully this is coming soon with the recent announcements but I'd hope for something less than streaming Netflix, or around $4-$5/month per channel.
You're putting the TV as the main input and controlling device while I'm putting it as a dumb display. My inputs come from a variety of sources so I keep my sources at the beginning of the system and use the TV as an output device along with my speakers. As for my TV, it's a mistake purchase from Samsung (47") that I won't make twice (it goes black at least once a day for a few seconds, past warranty but not that old). I'm also old school, buying my first large component...
True, and I have one spare port, but this device isn't going to stream my music, TV shows, or movies from my Mac and I don't care to pay Amazon to get reduced shipping on the few things I buy from them so it's redundant since I already own an AppleTV. Like I said before, I see this device as a trojan horse for Amazon, getting another device into the house to push it's Amazon Prime service(?), which in turn pushes it's Walmart-online-type store.
All my "input" devices (Comcast, DVD, AppleTV) are routed through my receiver via HDMI (+digital audio) then one HDMI cable goes to my TV, which has its sound turned off. In other words, my TV is just a display. I really don't want a TV manufactured/sold by Apple I want a tightly integrated display and sound system. My TV sits above the fireplace in a cavity designed for an old (huge) CRT-based TV, making a terrible location for flat screens with speakers coming out the...
Won't work for me since I route everything through my sound system. Plugging directly into the TV means I can only use the TV speakers not my surround sound system. Plus it's from Amazon and all it would be good for is ordering garbage from them.
I received my chipped Visa card from Wells Fargo a few weeks ago. All US credit cards have to change to chipped versions by October 2015, which is more secure than anything CurrentC could ever dream of. It also follows the standard employed by the rest of the world. I am wondering whether banks will block CurrentC users forcing a major change in the implementation of this stupid and time-consuming method. Check...
Why would a website named Appleinsider bother presenting anything positive about the competition? Do you expect Samsung or Microsoft websites to publish nice articles able Apple? No. The difference between many websites and many extensive editorials on AI is that AI at least attempts to bring together legitimate information about a particular subject instead of just ranting about the competition with trumped up bogus information (perfect use of the name Trump). In the case...
Here's the blog, it's very specific about what's going on. Without having access to a Knox-configured Samsung device, you won't be able to test these. I'm sure this will be hitting the fan very soon with all sorts of people validating the findings. We'll also hear excuses from the NIST/NSA validation groups saying this doesn't really mean anything and it still makes the system...
People need to actually read the NIAP Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme Validation Report found at https://www.niap-ccevs.org/st/st_vid10562-vr.pdf as well as with the other approvals at https://www.nsa.gov/ia/programs/csfc_program/component_list.shtml. You need to understand that this isn't simply NSA approval but approval through NIST using supposedly independent evaluators, in this case four people from Aerospace Corporation, Columbia, MD. These are the...