or Connect

Posts by rob53

Apple Store showing 2-3 week delivery on non-Retina iMacs when choosing the 3.5GHz Core i7 putting it right in line with WWDC. Actually any BTO option for the top of the line non-Retina 27" iMac shows a 2-3 week delivery while the other 27" iMac only changes by a few days when selecting options so it looks to me like Apple is getting ready to make major changes to the better non-Retina 27" iMac. I've been waiting for an upgrade to these to figure out whether I really need...
Broadwell took longer to release than expected so why does anyone actually think Skylake will be on time and actually run properly when first released? I think it's better for Apple if they release updates with a (more) proven CPU instead of being on the bleeding edge and release updates that could effectively kill an entire product line. Intel is pushing to stay competitive and hasn't always released properly working devices. Apple doesn't need a Skygate issue.
When you say private insurance, what do you mean? You find an insurance broker and have them create a specialized medical insurance package just for you? The ACA is a bargain for many people, especially those who have been sick with cancer and other types of expensive illnesses. Before the ACA, insurance companies could deny coverage so these people either died or they got welfare level coverage. Now they can be covered. The rates are based on age, younger people pay less...
Let's look at it a different way. What patents does AOL hold? Article says Verizon might spin off some of AOL but will they keep patents to use against others? I thought AOL was dead a long time ago but it just won't go away.
1, 3, and 5 are only a short term improvement for Microsoft. Windows 10 will have issues being adopted because of the lack of ActiveX in their new browser (IE will be available but I can't see it being supported for long). The joke about Windows 11 never being released (Windows 10 will just have continuous updates) is simply a recognition that Windows 10 is simply NT with window dressing (yes, OSX can be seen as the same thing). Microsoft hasn't really come up with...
http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/02/27/ericsson-unloads-legal-barrage-against-apple-in-ongoing-patent-dispute "Ericsson on Friday announced it filed seven lawsuits against Apple in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, as well as two ITC complaints, over 41 separate patents covering a variety of wireless standards and technology." Apple didn't start this one.
Read some of the lead-up articles and you'll get additional information but no actual numbers (generally these are considered confidential information). What this article fails to remind readers is that Ericsson initially filed in the best court in the world, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. /s 
To each his own.... but, your negatives about iOS demonstrate what you want a tablet to do, which isn't necessarily what Apple intended. The iPhone and iPad are not marketed as full-featured computers for traditional desktop publishing or simple writing, which seem to be what you want it to do. The iPad is a whole lot more than an old word processor. As for iOS not being a real OS, what is a real OS to you? Only Windows or one of the hundred versions of linux? Does OSX fit...
Must be new to Apple products. iOS is the operating system on iPhones and iPads, it's not a piece of hardware, which is what the Mac is. iOS and OSX are actually fairly compatible, in fact a whole lot more compatible than they used to be. iPads are a special use product that works for a whole lot of people. Maybe they don't work for you but suggesting Apple build something similar to a Surface is embarrassing. The Surface is a product looking for a solution. Is it a tablet...
Not just Facebook. Ancestry.com (and others) already have a DNA component to their databases. They say it makes it easier to locate relatives but we all know what happens when certain groups collect this type of information, it ends up in the hands of government officials who end up using it to locate people of interest to them, regardless of how it's obtained. Maybe I've watched too many movies but DNA seems to be the one thing about a person that is unique (except for...