or Connect

Posts by rob53

Still there, http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/12/nation-backed-malware-targets-diplomats-iphones-androids-and-pcs/ Not on front page but link works.
They also released an updated version of Microsoft Remote Desktop that works with Yosemite so you can remote into PCs without needing third-party software, running a simply window client. Check out the App Store.
There's no such thing as an economics expert anymore, especially someone from Stanford. "Normal" economics went out the window years ago. Some things are constant, like 1+1=2, but nothing is normal anymore with economics. Supply and demand is a joke. And of course, you can find anyone who will say what you want them to say (or judge for that matter) for a price.
I have a 3rd gen iPod classic that I don't even remember how to turn on. With 16GB, it still has more storage than most base iPhones. The problem with building a new iPod classic is what form factor do you use? The iPod Touch could be altered to include more memory but do users want all the capabilities of the Touch on a simply iPod? If no, then you're back to the Nano form factor and I don't think that could be re-engineered to hold 10-20x more RAM. If people only want...
This is going to mess up the iPod lawsuit. Now those crazy lawyers will be able to use these prices as justification that Apple always intended on locking people into their ecosystem and raised their prices accordingly. I'm sure people who buy these iPods will demand that Apple let them install Real DRM-based music on them. /s
Which one(s)? They all sound like the typical behind-the-scenes enterprise/government activities that everyone knows about. Incident Aware sounds like it's simply moving what police have inside their cars to an iPad. You've seen the TV shows where they can look up addresses, IDs and everything else. The description didn't include spying, just normal police activity. (trying to say that with a straight face)   Typical ugly PC with DOS-like GUI. I wanted to show a...
Can't wait to see some actual implementation results from customers. IBM's website, http://www.ibm.com/mobilefirst/us/en/mobilefirst-for-ios.html, gives the typical eye candy but I want to hear from the first customers to see how it works and how/if they will incorporate customer usage into these systems. The article seems to only describe these applications as being for the enterprise installation and not necessarily consumer use of that installation (especially retail)....
I was searching for a timeline of iPod prices and found this one, http://www.macworld.com/article/1053499/ipodtimeline.html (towards bottom), that shows the typical downward cost of each new iPod (less money or more storage). There's nothing in this table that would show Apple raised prices but we also know that anything above $0 is too much for some people to pay, so Apple will have to justify why they didn't give away iPods to play iTunes music. This is something many...
Suggestion for AI staff. Let's have a poll.    Question 1: Did you ever purchase music from the Real store? If yes, did you expect it to run on an iPod?   Question 2: Have you ever owned an iPod? If yes, did you ever expect the iPod to run DRM-controlled music from Real?   I'd really be interested in these results. It wouldn't surprise me if the answer to question 1 was nearly 100% "No" and for those who answered yes, I'd be surprised if there were any Yes...
Apple lawyers were reported to have been against ending this trial without a legitimate verdict because they want it done once and for all with Apple not being held responsible for the hacking done by Real and the ridiculous demands by users unwilling to purchase music from the iTunes store or simply rip it themselves. They bought music with DRM from the Real store and think they can run it on iPods. How stupid can you be? I just wish the judge would limit stupid testimony...