or Connect

Posts by rob53

Maybe for some but there are others who see it differently. The only legal arrangement is documenting the marriage fact. The court doesn't require that you stay married or don't play around. It's only the religious ceremony that talks about that. One of the reasons to get married is so you can claim married status for taxes and get a break. :-) It would also be nice to get back on the topic of this article instead of bringing up the personal problems a person might or...
The sad thing about the animosity towards Dr. King and everything he stood for is there are still way too many people in the US who continue the hatred towards people of other colors and those who think different than they do. Apple's slogan of "Think Different" might work for computers and other devices but it continues to be a struggle for a large number of people in the US and around the world when interactions between people are concerned.    It's also sad how...
Try contacting the people at http://www.wbmllp.com/news/class-action-filed-against-apple-for-defective-2011-macbook-pro-laptops. They will want to talk to you over the phone, asking questions about your MBP and it's problems. Currently, they are only handling MBPs purchased in a few states.
I hope you're right but I contacted a programmer who works at Apple and he's heard and read about the problem. He's going to try and email Tim Cook directly but isn't holding his breath that anything will fix our problem. It is a problem and not simply something people are complaining about. I get wake from sleep crash messages and have log files documenting problems. We're not making these things up. As for Apple being perfect, they are a company that's in the business of...
Actually, this is what non-Apple technicians have said to do. This model has the quad i7 and AMD 6570M. It also uses non-lead based solder. The problem seems to be the solder "balls" under the GPU chip expand and contract more using the lead-less solder than they did using the lead-based solder. This is causing the contacts to break. Keeping it running without any sleep time keeps the temperature fairly constant. One of the ways to potentially fix the solder connection is...
Washington state isn't included in this suit but I submitted my daughter's early 2011 MBP to their list so maybe they'll extend it to other states. My latest test had the MBP running for 1.5 weeks without doing much of anything but only using the integrated graphics (using gfxCardStatus). When I changed it to the discrete graphics, the display immediately went bonkers. Luckily, this time I was able to restart and get it back to integrated. Previously, it would mess...
I gave up because the SEC isn't going to do anything about any of these supposed news bureaus or analysts spouting BS and not having to stand behind what they said. This is a case where the SEC should invalidate all BB transactions and see who sold right before BB came out saying it was bogus. There's your manipulator. Of course they won't do anything about it, unless it affected their pocketbook.
Since we're having fun with numbers, let's look at current Geekbench benchmarks:iPad Air 2, A8X 1500MHz, 3 cores, 64-bit tests, 1807/4530 (single/multi)iMac Retina i7-4790 4000MHz, 4 cores, 64-bit tests, 4343/16522 (fastest Mac single CPU test score) If you take the A8X, add a 4th core, don't increase the CPU bus speed, the single CPU test would remain the same (no GCD assistance) but the multi-core score would/might increase 33% to 6040. Now put two of these quad-core...
I know all apps would need to be recompiled against a new set of ARM-based api's but how many apps do you believe have NOT been designed to be multi-threaded? I'm sure there are programmers from major vendors that have been lazy when writing code and didn't add GCD but is GCD something that most programmers would simply use as a default or does it require a totally different programming environment to start with? I'm just trying to get an idea of how complex this would be....
"Apple has developed an iMac desktop with four or eight 64-bit quad-core CPUs..." Can Grand Central (that's still the name of Apple's multi-processor management software isn't it?) actually allow applications to use this many cores without adjustments made to the application software? If so, this would be interesting and would make sense since all supercomputers make use of thousands of cores. After seeing how small the CPUs are in iPhones and iPads, adding several more...