or Connect

Posts by rob53

A couple of these can be considered major innovations. Java started out on a good path but it's been hampered by too many security problems. Saying Windows caught up with unix in terms of security is still a joke and including Vista in the same sentence is a real joke. The vast majority or malware still targets Windows systems although Android is the target for mobile devices. Since we're talking about the Apple/Samsung trial, I'm surprised you didn't mention either...
In some ways, I wonder why Apple Legal doesn't hire Daniel for these trials. He always comes up with more historical and pertinent information than we hear from court proceedings. Has anyone found a writer on Samsung's side who has anywhere near as much understanding and information as Daniel? Probably doesn't exist.
I checked and I don't have any subscriptions. These emails come from the store-news@amazon.com account. I can unsubscribe from them within the email (showed up as General Offers) so I said unsubscribe from them all and it unsubscribed me from four bulk mailings. The resulting email talked about going to the Amazon Communications page, which isn't listed in my account preferences. So much for making it easy to control their mailings. There are 42 individual mailings I can...
I guess I don't really see this as a problem. I spend more time unsubscribing from companies using this type of service than I do reading good email. If it means anything, I still get my daily assortment of bulk email so it doesn't appear to be affecting my email address.   I would really like to see bulk emails from Amazon and Costco reduced but that will never happen as long as I have an Amazon and Costco account.
And of course once this suspect information came out AAPL dropped after starting the day off on another charge. Will the SEC ever validate this information and take action against these bogus data collectors or will they continue to line their pockets with Samscum cash?   As for the "other" group, let's try and be honest about what these really are. They aren't in the same bracket as Apple or even the better Samsung equipment so why count them in the same group?
I've been on two juries and the judge gave us instructions, including only using the facts and information presented during the trial. This jury asking for information outside those guidelines should receive additional instructions from the Judge or get yelled at by her to stay focused on the facts. Remember, just the facts....
Who did Katy poll? How many were polled? Was it just an office party poll? None of these polls mean anything unless we know how large and who the polled people were. Katy can be blowing smoke to justify her AAPL position. And don't tell me to look for her analysis on another website. The information is being presented here.
I downloaded Geekbench for iOS and ran it on my iPhone 5s. Single core=1413, multi-core=2559 along with a whole bunch of other test results. This makes the new MBA twice as fast as my iPhone. I was wondering about this comparison. My wife has an older iPad so it will be slower than these results. I've wondered before whether the MBA could become the iPad Pro just by adding touch capabilities. Of course, the MBA still uses an Intel CPU and I'm not sure how easy it would be...
I believe so. My income tax rate will be much lower than a capital gains tax rate (unless I'm missing something). I'm in retirement mode so I'm not trying to get a huge annual income, only withdrawing enough to pay bills and enjoy life. This method also helps keeps my ACA health insurance costs down substantially. I'm not one of those people who is trying to die with the most amount of money, I'd just like to have enough to buy a few things and have some fun but not stress...
Of course not, that would have made too much sense. /s I retired last year with a buyout so the cost of starting the Roth would have meant paying taxes at a much higher rate than I will be paying when I actually withdraw funds associated with this stock. The AAPL purchase used fun money my financial advisor said would be ok. I want to keep it long term but also want to use my gain to buy a new Mac, which means I need to wait until after the June split to see what happens.