or Connect

Posts by rob53

I believe so. My income tax rate will be much lower than a capital gains tax rate (unless I'm missing something). I'm in retirement mode so I'm not trying to get a huge annual income, only withdrawing enough to pay bills and enjoy life. This method also helps keeps my ACA health insurance costs down substantially. I'm not one of those people who is trying to die with the most amount of money, I'd just like to have enough to buy a few things and have some fun but not stress...
Of course not, that would have made too much sense. /s I retired last year with a buyout so the cost of starting the Roth would have meant paying taxes at a much higher rate than I will be paying when I actually withdraw funds associated with this stock. The AAPL purchase used fun money my financial advisor said would be ok. I want to keep it long term but also want to use my gain to buy a new Mac, which means I need to wait until after the June split to see what happens.
Since my AAPL stock is within an IRA and my dividends are reinvested, it will make it easier to get full shares instead of fraction of shares. In some people's minds (mine included when I'm not thinking), having more shares looks better than fewer shares even though those fewer shares were worth more money. I've always hated to see AAPL drop by large numbers even though the percentage drop wasn't always that much. I'll need to reset my mental calculator in June when AAPL...
AAPL is being heavily traded this morning with big spikes of transactions. I'm sure the short investors are bailing as fast as they can, which could be why the stock is dropping from its overnight high. Of course the DOW and NASDAQ are dropping this morning as well, pulling AAPL down in the process. 
The Airport Extreme doesn't run OSX, it runs VxWorks. Technically, Daniel was talking about Macs and iOS devices, not devices with embedded software. This is like talking about an Apple-branded printer (no longer available). You guys will do what you can to discredit anything Daniel says and anything Apple does, that's your right but please do it responsibly.
All Daniel did was post the actual transcripts and highlighted a few of the actual comments. How is this libel? Can't you see the proof in the court documented transcripts from a Google lawyer? How much more proof do you need? Publishing the truth is not libel, it's honest reporting, something all these people who post rumors and guesses aren't doing.
This doesn't really matter because 1) Apple can sue them over these at a later date, and 2) this shows that Google is actually supporting Samsung and this might give Apple the ammunition they need to sue Google directly even though they technically gave the software to Samsung for no charge. Google is now a co-conspirator in this lawsuit unless Judge Koh says it doesn't matter.
It might not even be Apple that's registering the trademark. Just because Brightflash was used by Apple before doesn't mean this time it's for Apple. Who knows, maybe Samsung or a stock analyst is using Brightflash to mess things up for Apple.
Sorry but this is just stupid. You need a display don't you?
This capability already exists in my 2013 Toyota Tacoma. The hands-free dialing capability (connected to my iPhone) won't function as long as the truck is moving. Stop and it works. I can use the music features through the touch-screen stereo but it doesn't handle text. I need to check this but I also believe the stereo takes over the phone so I can't use the music feature or maybe even text while it's connected to the stereo. I can still receive phone calls.   Yes, this...