or Connect

Posts by rob53

There are more safety issues with self driving cars as well. All you need is one accident caused by a bug or fault in the self driving car and whichever company owns that car will go bankrupt. Tell me which insurance company will insure a car that has no driver? How are you going to sue a car for an accident? If people aren't driving the car then auto insurance companies won't have anything to insure because the people inside the car can't be at fault because they weren't...
I don't care how long you've been using Powerpoint, Keynote is miles above anything Powerpoint can deliver. If you absolutely can only use Powerpoint, I believe Keynote can export a degraded version for Powerpoint. The Apple/IBM connection is about the best of both companies, it has nothing to do about IBM integrating with anything related to Windows or Android. IBM can run on linux but that's ac close to Android as it's going to get. My daughter can't wait for Epic to be...
From the Reuters article, "Fourteen of 23 top hospitals contacted by Reuters said they have rolled out a pilot program of Apple's HealthKit service - which acts as a repository for patient-generated health information like blood pressure, weight or heart rate - or are in talks to do so." Farr's words, not Daniels's.  http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/05/us-apple-hospitals-factbox-idUSKBN0L90GL20150205 Here's the list of those hospitals, including the ones who said...
Which is much easier to do with your remote than going through AppleTV channels, Netflix, or Hulu, just to name a few. Pushing the up button is easier to scroll through 200 channels than to search through 10000 shows.
You said what I said before I could reply to you. The problem with a la carte programming is the good channels I want to watch, History, Science, Discovery, etc., would cost a fortune each because of the lower viewer audience. These channels are paid for, along with the garbage shopping network channels and other trash TV, by the highly watched channel income. I'd still like to see if Apple could pull this off by charging for each channel and see if there's enough volume...
Apple already has something comparable to Netflix streaming. Check the Movies channel. As for Hulu, they have lots of broadcast TV channels, which would be nice but I'm afraid the purchase price would be astronomical. Look at Microsoft spending $100M for a calendar app (company). 
I feel your frustration but the hardware and UI have nothing to do with the ability to cut the cable and offer individual channels without requiring a stupid cable or satellite contract. I dropped my Comcast phone, saving me $100/mo after some messing around by the local sales person. Even though I kept my long list of never-watched channels, I found myself only watching maybe ten channels on a regular basis. Give me standard network TV for when I'm bored then let me...
It isn't because many drives from MacSales/OWC come formatted for PCs, mainly because PC users can't easily figure out how to even mount a Mac formatted disk while Mac users can. Simply reformatting them properly works fine and doesn't take very long.  When you get to RAID setups, it's a little different. I'd always get a RAID pre formatted for Macs because anything other than RAID 0 or 1 will take a long time for the initial formatting.  As for promoting other retailers,...
Maybe in larger towns but mine is small. We don't have a UPS store either, just the Mailbox store that does UPS, FedEx, etc. We also don't have any kind of mall, just stores located on the main street with a downtown (old town) stretch of 10 blocks. Radio Shack is on the first block entering old town right next to a vacant, formerly state-run liquor store. Put the two together and you'd have a larger store with access by Canadians and tourists as well. A glass front store...
I've already found a real electronic component store within easy driving distance even though we have a small Radio Shack in town. I've been in the RS store maybe two times in the last 10 years and I seem to remember actually getting something like a cordless phone battery but that was all. Our town isn't large enough for an Apple store but the RS is on the main street downtown so it's in a good location. At 800 sq ft it might be the smallest Apple Store but it would be...