or Connect

Posts by rob53

It's now under 1 at 0,80. What happens if it hits 0?
Time to buy GTAT? It's less than $2/share.
Amazing how fast spam hits the web. ZDNet seems to have been the first to announce this then AI, 9to5Mac, and MacRumors have jumped on the bandwagon. ZDNet says: "Kim Ki-nam, president of the Korean electronic giant’s semiconductor business and head of System LSI business, told reporters at Samsung’s headquarters in Seoul that once the company begins to supply Apple with chips using its latest technology, profits “will improve positively”." Of course, everything Kim says...
If you were talking about my comments, I wasn't talking about an entry level iMac. The base 27" 3.4GHz iMac starts at $1999 Apple store list. It quickly grows to $3449 when you upgrade to the 3.5GHz i7, 32GB RAM (I know I can get RAM for lower), 512GB flash storage, and GTX 780M GPU. If Apple is talking about a 5K iMac, I can't see them starting with the same base configuration and just a better screen. They'd almost need to start with my configuration and go from there....
Could Apple fit the same GPUs used in the Mac Pro inside the 27" iMac? Would a pair of these be enough to drive a 5K display? How close to the base Mac Pro would the new iMac be (actually the fully loaded iMac is already close to the specs of the base Mac Pro except for the GPUs isn't it?)? Of course this model of iMac will be more expensive than $3K and probably cost closer to $5K with smaller size flash drive and memory just to make it somewhat affordable. I'm still...
Daniel's editorials seem to bring out the true colors of commenters. It especially shows who the Apple-haters are and there seem to be a whole lot more frequenting this site. I wonder why??? Could it be they're afraid their choice of device is not worth talking about? Samsung releases a new device (well sometimes releases it, other times just presents a new design) and it's news for 5 minutes while Apple releases a new device and it's news for weeks to months. People...
Will Yosemite have a HealthKit app as well that will download your iPhone statistics and let you monitor them on your Mac? If it's already available, what's it called?
They usually are required to document whether they have any interest in a particular stock but unless you get their actual statement, any disclaimer could have been dropped. They don't necessarily have to document whether they are long or short on a particular stock so a gambler, oops, I mean investor (whatever that is anymore), needs to research the history of an analyst to try and determine whether their advice is there for an actual gain or whether it's there for...
Not what I've read. Applications use terminal-type commands in the background to create log files for one example. These don't require a logon. Look at your log files through Console and see everything that's done. Apple probably uses some bash to create crash reports, which can automatically be sent to Apple. I've seen the same thing with other applications. You're helping them fix their code by sending error messages and crash reports. I'm not saying this is how this...
After watching the video, I noticed the iPhone was still running. Has anyone reported it failing after sitting on it? The video also showed someone having to use a lot of directed force to bend it at all. I would rather have seen him run his test by putting the phone in either pocket and seeing if it bends. Doing a torture test isn't the same as normal or violent use, it's trying to break a perfectly good phone that lots of people want. People can rip apart phone books...