or Connect

Posts by rob53

I don't agree, especially about the unethical part. I see poaching as being more unethical than anti-poaching. A company spends a lot of time and money training an employee then a competitor "steals" that employee, getting a trained employee with information about the company that trained them. The money the company spends to buy this person is nothing compared to the money the original company spent to train them. The sad thing is people can be bought for so little money...
Wrong, read the complain linked in this article. Apple is a defendant. R. ANDRE KLEIN, on behalf of himself and all other stockholders of APPLE INC., Plaintiff,vs. TIMOTHY D. COOK, WILLIAM V. CAMPBELL, MILLARD (“MICKEY”) DREXLER, ARTHUR D. LEVINSON, ROBERT A. IGER, ANDREA JUNG, FRED D. ANDERSON, ESTATE OF STEVEN P. JOBS, deceased, and DOES 1-30, inclusive, Defendants,- and – APPLE INC., a California corporation,  Nominal Defendant. The problem is Klein doesn't speak for me...
"No country in the world allows dissemination of information of rumors, violence, cheating, sex and terrorism."   Yea they do, it's the grand old US of A! Just look at all the rumors about Apple products, all the violent and sexual games and movies. As for cheating, I'd say 90% of analysts are involved in a combination of rumors and cheating. I won't touch the terrorism part but China is involved in that as much as the US is. 
Samsung's ultra power saving mode is the same as shutting off any phone. Everything useful is turned off so I don't call it a saving mode, I call it a deep sleep. Nothing works until you unlock the screen so what good is it? Another marketing stunt that's meaningless. 
True, which is why iOS' FIPS 140-2 certification has been critical since HIPAA and MIPSA require the same level of government certification of encryption modules. Apple should be compliant with the HIPAA Security Rule along with many other HHS security and encryption rules. As long as all data transmission between iOS/OSX devices and iCloud are encrypted, Apple should be meeting this part of the technical rules. HIPAA goes beyond just technical rules, requiring actual...
We just got access to our local hospital's portal (licensed from Medical Information Technology. whoever they are). It lists our visits, medications, and some test results. Our PCP is also moving to electronic records but he still wants some limitations on what is posted and what the doctor tells the patient first (don't want to find out you might have cancer over the internet). The hospital hasn't incorporated x-rays, MRIs, or CT scans yet but hopefully those will come....
Why? They say it doesn't work on the latest version. FinSpy is for law enforcement and it wouldn't surprise me if the NSA uses it all the time as well. Government BB BES servers probably installed it as part of the government installation to make sure they could track them wherever they went. Their inclusion doesn't surprise me one bit. What surprises me a lot is that they haven't been able to get their software through the Apple App Store using a free game or something....
Why is it Apple can't use software design in patents and everyone else gets too? Samsung and others get to easily design around Apple patents yet Apple can't even challenge the obvious non-specificity of the VirnetX patents? Without being specific VirnetX is getting away with saying words so general it's like patenting the word "tool" making any tool covered under their patents instead a hammer or screwdriver, two totally different types of tools. Apple has had to be...
The only thing this camera will take a photo of is the sky since everyone has been programmed to look at the screen to take photos (or guess when taking selfies). This has to be for something else because it doesn't make any sense.   I looked through the patent and it's very extensive, even mentioning hiding the lens and flash behind an LCD window (like the fancy window shades). I think this patent is for something totally different than what we've seen from Apple and...
The google translation was a little rough but it sounds like Apple just didn't fill out all the paperwork required to make the list. This doesn't surprise me because they weren't the best at submitting to our own ridiculous amount of government paperwork to get Apple equipment on the US government purchasing programs. Anyone who has worked for the US government knows about all the problems getting Apple products through the many certifications, especially FIPS 140-2. Some...