or Connect

Posts by rob53

As everyone knows, numbers can be made to come out anyway you want them to. As for polls, when was the last time any of the people on this forum actually participated in one or answered their phone because it was an 800 number? I've only been polled maybe once and always screen my calls. If they don't leave a message then I don't call them back. I would estimate the majority of iPhone users screen their phones like I do while Android users always answer their phones so...
Is this a positive? AppleTV has a bunch of channels I never watch, just like on cable. I read FireTV doesn't separate the free "Prime" movies from pay per view making it difficult to find them. Sounds like someone else has UI problems.
Please explain how this works: "Using a standard USB-C cable, Thunderbolt 3 will offer transfer speeds of twice that, at 20Gbps. Users who buy an active copper USB-C cable will gain access to 40Gbps transfer speeds with Thunderbolt 3."   Please explain what an active copper USB-C cable is. Is it available today or is this also something new? You say TB3 is 20Gbps so how does a cable double that?   Now we just need to get the cost of Thunderbolt hardware reduced so it...
Totally agree, however, Apple might be saying no personal information will be made available to the content providers, which is all these companies want anyway. They could care less about delivering TV content, they want customer information, trends, etc., so they can market other garbage and until they get Apple to allow this, I doubt we'll see anything from Apple. I'm not expecting ad-less channels but I am expecting Apple to control all the connection information...
As others have said, IBM is no longer in the desktop/laptop front-end business, they are totally in the backend server business. Since they provide server products that run under Windows, they will need to have some Windows computers for testing but after their collaboration with Apple was announced, there really aren't many reasons to push Windows PCs onto most programmers and support personnel. I bet IBM's major database, cloud and commerce software are usually hosted on...
Why does anyone think the court system will rule against itself? They're just like FIFA and will do whatever it takes to keep their good old boys and girls club running. What we really need is a congressional and presidential investigation into the entire judicial system. This is the only way to get the third branch of the government to actually play by the rules.   Of course, we all know this will never happen because the entire government is incapable of doing anything...
Why would journalists be invited to a highly classified meeting? The fact The Intercept got a hold of the event program only goes to show everyone how people can't keep their mouths shut and why we as private citizens need as much control over our own lives as we can.  In my opinion, the Apple representatives were there for me because they are required to follow Cook's direction on protecting user data. These two people would have a lot more pull than you or me. Of course,...
Everything showing green as of 30 minutes ago. I'll wait to hear from Apple what went wrong. I wasn't having any apparent problems over night or this morning.
You don't know this and if you actually work for Apple, saying this could only get you fired. When did Apple announce new or upgraded hardware would be released at WWDC? Apple doesn't do this. Sounds to me like an analyst in waiting.
Some people forget that WWDC is a developers conference, not a hardware release trade show. Apple has released some hardware during previous WWDC's but the most important software is always identified during WWDC and released when it's ready. Apple refuses to follow anyone's idea of a "proper" release schedule for anything. Analysts and the media can't handle that because they depend on regular release times for their schedules. Apple doesn't cater to these people, they...