or Connect

Posts by rob53

It's ironic people are complaining about security features on Apple devices when they (we) scream at the NSA for saying we should have any encryption. If you leave your iPad unlocked, anyone can get to any of your data. The complaints about a shorter unlock time is like saying you're willing to leave your car or house unlocked for several minutes to hours but get mad when someone simply opens your unlocked door. If you want security, then use it and quit complaining.   I...
So the FCC is happy with Apple's security methods. Maybe they should go talk to the NSA and tell them to grow up.
"Apple said it researched the serial numbers of plaintiff Mariana Rosen's iPod and found the device was purchased in July 2009. Court documents show Rosen bought a 15GB iPod and a 30GB "video iPod" for personal use, as well as an iPod mini as a gift.The second plaintiff, Melanie Tucker, is asserting a 32GB iPod touch purchased in 2010, a 20GB iPod purchased in April 2005 and an "iPod video." Rosen's are only five years and it looks like all they might have kept was the...
How is Walmart a disruptive idea? They're just a big box store selling garbage from China. What did Google do to disrupt anything other than to force a supposedly free mobile OS on us so everyone and their mother could put out a cheap phone. Actually, how was/is Apple a disruptive idea? I must be missing something here that the article doesn't explain.    I checked out the top ten, http://www.businessweek.com/features/85ideas/#10, and this article is weird to say the...
Let's see what he has to say a year from now when his first batch of chromebooks have been destroyed by the students simply by typing on them. 
"Apple TV is seeing stiff competition from cheap hardware that offers similar functionality for a fraction of the cost." Most TVs come with "similar functionality" so the need for those cheap sticks really can't be justified. AppleTV provides a lot more for Mac users, even in its "limited functionality" (as far as some people proclaim), than those sticks or the built-in capabilities of TVs. I use it to stream movies and TV shows I've purchased both from my Mac and from...
TouchID works nice on my AMEX. Once you set it up it just works!   Now if it would just pay my bill for me without using my money I'd be happy.
I agree that everyone should be paid a reasonable amount of money for the work they do. Of course, many think their work is worth a whole lot more than other's so while they should be paid a ton, they should be able to get what they want for free.  As for publishing your own book, why not just take a stand and publish your book on the site you want to, then watch to see if Google scans it for free and gives it away. Then you can go after them. Also wait for someone to copy...
Read CNBC said someone meant to sell 6500 shares and instead sold 6.5 million. If true, I wonder which company is going to be shut down and whether the SEC will do anything about it. It's scary how quickly a fortune can be lost when computers are involved in the trading, especially when someone on too much caffeine is typing too quickly. AAPL still feeling the effects today. I also read an article about all the bears being paid off by that drop. Makes one suspicious of...
I'm getting tired of all the monopolistic products Apple is involved in yet nothing has ever been done about Amazon. At least the EU is going after Google and its search monopoly. Where is the class action lawsuit against these two companies? Can't find a judge who would handle it? That says a lot about our corrupt judicial system.