or Connect

Posts by rob53

Your suggestions are why the market is no longer for investing in companies, it's simply gambling that on any particular day, the stock price will be at a level that makes you money in the short term (anything less than a long term investment). It's sad the entire world's economy is based on Las Vegas style gambling, which as we all know is fixed.
This would be a possible option for Apple if they ever entered into the MVNO business and I'd jump at it. The Pacific Northwest only has good AT&T reception along I-5 and in medium to large cities, while Verizon seems to work everywhere. I'm thinking about moving my mobile share plan phones over to Verizon but it's never an easy change when five phones are involved. I found a used AT&T MicroCell so I'm effectively already using AT&T over WiFi at my house but it would be...
Initially I couldn't figure where the store was but once I started looking at products, the Buy button was added and it made adding items to my cart much easier than finding info about the product then going back and forth to the store until I was done. I think I can get used to it.   I also accessed my Apple EPP web site and that's been changed for the better. I'm not a former Apple employee but because of where I worked I can get the discount. Sample of entry page....
    None of you completely understood what I said (or was trying to say). I'm not asking IBM to build a Mac with OSX Server running on it. I'm suggesting IBM build a server product with the critical components and configurations that would work best for Macs, not as an afterthought but as a server that meets the needs of Macs and iOS devices. Yes, OSX Server is a bunch of open source software (but so is linux) but combined with IBM software and configured to run "natively"...
I understand this is what's happening right now and that Apple will (probably) never market an OSX Server platform but that doesn't mean IBM couldn't supply a tightly connected OSXServer running on IBM hardware (I know they dumped their small server hardware) providing an integrated management system (better than JAMF) with a replacement for AD that doesn't require exorbitant client licenses. As more Macs enter the corporate network, there will be a justification to do...
Ok, I was exaggerating but these are the types of excuses companies will give to not bring in Macs. As for a $2000 computer. Are you suggesting companies will actually pay $2000 for a Windows PC desktop, complete with 15" monitor? I'd say they're going after rock bottom throwaways in the $500 range.
Actually they are less expensive and the way corporate taxes, profits, and operating costs are allowed to be calculated, dumping computers every other year (if they last that long) can actually be more profitable than keeping good computers for a longer period of time. Of course, many companies keep PCs until they die, reducing their throughput and profit because too much is spent on maintenance costs but they always find a way to make these operational costs help their...
Are these systems still being tied to an Active Directory environment or is IBM providing an alternative method? I'm sure people will pooh pooh Apple's implementation of Open Directory but without an alternative to AD, all Macs will still be considered a stepchild to PCs even if the servers are all supplied by IBM.    I appreciate IBM's move to buy more Macs for themselves and to provide configured Macs to IBM customers but someone big has to take the leap and decide a...
I don't care about a display that's more than anyone really needs, I can about the internals. Give me a faster CPU, more cores, and faster flash storage. Then I'll be interested.
The iMac has been treated as a professional-level computer by many people, especially those who's work can't justify spending the $8K or more necessary to build a proper Mac Pro. The only time a Mac Pro beats the performance of an iMac is when running an application that consistently uses multiple CPUs/cores. Otherwise the iMac keeps up just fine. Professional users have been asking for something in between an iMac and Mac Pro for years but Apple won't deliver anything so...