or Connect

Posts by rob53

Not necessarily. The Nest has a display and an Internet connection. Google could push ads to the display any time they wanted to. The iOS Nest app could have pop up ads just like nearly every app. Anything with a display is free game to google.
Does OSX server allow iWork collaboration like iCloud? If not it would be a nice feature for enterprise users.
How is next week on a rumor pushing anything back?
For once I'm ashamed about Daniel's reporting. His one paragraph says it all--   Study a pitch for Google Apps The company behind the study sells its app usage analytics to companies as a way to determine their actual needs for licensing Office, and it partners with resellers of Google Apps, which it recommends as an alternative.   --and is why I'm upset Daniel even wrote this sales pitch for Google Apps. I only use Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader when I...
Supposedly most of the newest Samsung phones have already implemented acceptable work arounds, therefore, this trial should have been the biggest slam against Samsung but it turned out to be a whimper. The worst part about these trials is that Judge Koh would only allow a few patents to be asserted at a time. Apple has plenty more and could have brought upwards of 20-50 (I'm guessing) while Samsung had very few. It's obvious Samsung won on several counts because this trial...
Does anyone know if Patent 6226449, the Hitachi patent Samsung used against Apple, was ever used by Hitachi against another company? It was filed in 1997 and is for a digital camera. Did Hitachi ever attempt to protect its patent when they owned it? Pulling an almost 20 year old patent out of Hitachi's garbage can to use against Apple should have been attacked by Apple during the trial or maybe the jury foreman from IBM pushed the jury on this one because he feels all of...
The results of this trial are exactly what proponents of no software patents were looking for. Now they can go full speed ahead and force the bogus USPTO to get rid of all software patents. After all, software is just a bunch of words and how can you patent words? /s   I relate Samsung's penalty to driving 120mph through a residential neighborhood and getting a $10 fine. This fine won't stop Samsung and it won't stop any other company from willfully using Apple's...
A couple of these can be considered major innovations. Java started out on a good path but it's been hampered by too many security problems. Saying Windows caught up with unix in terms of security is still a joke and including Vista in the same sentence is a real joke. The vast majority or malware still targets Windows systems although Android is the target for mobile devices. Since we're talking about the Apple/Samsung trial, I'm surprised you didn't mention either...
In some ways, I wonder why Apple Legal doesn't hire Daniel for these trials. He always comes up with more historical and pertinent information than we hear from court proceedings. Has anyone found a writer on Samsung's side who has anywhere near as much understanding and information as Daniel? Probably doesn't exist.
I checked and I don't have any subscriptions. These emails come from the store-news@amazon.com account. I can unsubscribe from them within the email (showed up as General Offers) so I said unsubscribe from them all and it unsubscribed me from four bulk mailings. The resulting email talked about going to the Amazon Communications page, which isn't listed in my account preferences. So much for making it easy to control their mailings. There are 42 individual mailings I can...