or Connect

Posts by rob53

I don't care. Did the judge assign the monitoring to Bromwich or to his bogus company? I believe it was only to him. How much did Apple make on this supposed violation? From the look of his bill, Bromwich will surpass any profits Apple made in short order. 
I'd like to compare Apple's costs with Microsoft's during their lengthy monopoly monitoring. I'm sure someone was monitoring Microsoft and since their finding was much larger in scope, I'd think there would be more people assigned to monitoring them. Oh, wait, the US government owns it's computing existence to Microsoft so they probably got a free ride. Apple needs to push for a quicker appeal and when they win, I'm looking at Apple suing this jerk for everything he has....
The destruction of an email, or any computer data, is the responsibility of the email server being used. If I remember correctly, the BES server connects to the corporate Exchange server, serving encrypted emails to a Blackberry. Good does the same thing, using an Exchange server to handle the email while providing encrypted transmission between the mobile device and the server. As we all know, an Exchange server is the best in the world and never has problems saving data,...
You can't blame apple or cook on this. It's the stock market attacking a great company, plain and simple.
Daniel, three articles in a row on the same day. That must be a record. :-)
@darklite Yes, you need to read some more about Good Technology. This company has been in the news for several years so you must be new to mobile device management (MDM). Good does more than just sandboxing, it creates a separate encrypted data environment for managed users. This makes BYOD possible for corporate and government installations. The user can only connect to corporate resources through the Good client and if the user leaves the job, it's easy to purge the...
I have to admit, I've touched my Mac screen after being away from it for awhile, only using my iPhone, but that feeling quickly goes away. I look at the convertibles as a product that isn't good in either version. If it wants to be a great tablet, then it shouldn't need a full size keyboard. If it wants to be a great laptop, it shouldn't need to rely on a bunch of touch features. That being said, even Apple is getting away from using "archaic" (sarcasm) entry devices like...
Another thought---   Remember when we shipped all our manufacturing to "third-world" countries with cheap labor? It looks like the US is where cheap labor and infrastructure costs are (land, property taxes, fuel, etc.). All fun aside with labor unions and coffee breaks, maybe Foxconn and others are seeing that the benefits of assembling computer devices in the US outweighs the problems. If most of the devices they make will be consumed in the US, then why pay overseas...
I like what Foxconn is doing but we need to realize that while this helps put Americans to work, the profits go back to Taiwan. This is the same as buying some models of Toyota, Honda, Nissan and even BMW. They are "assembled" in US plants with profits going back to where their corporate headquarters are. The grand old US of A is "owned" by foreign countries. Buying American doesn't mean what it used to mean. People have to understand we're owned by a global economy with a...
I have problems with USB drives showing up on 3rd gen AirPort Extreme so it doesn't surprise me there's still a problem.