or Connect

Posts by rob53

Pacific northwest, 32GB gray, AT&T. Case is supposed to be here today. (edited my original post, changed "has" to "hasn't")
This is interesting since I ordered my iPhone 5s on December 2 and it hasn't shipped yet. It was 3-5 days back then. If they are shipping quicker now I would think mine would already be on the road. It's not expected to get here until next weekend.
Not all of this is correct. FIPS 140-2 validation is for the crypto module but it includes how it operates on specific types of equipment. Apple had to specify the models of hardware it was tested on. Therefore, they received validation for both the iPhone and iPad versions. To update the author, Apple received validation on iOS7 in November (ref: http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/1401val2013.htm). The actual encryption algorithms Apple uses are approved...
I have yet to go into a store that sells the AppleTV, other than the Apple Store, and have the sales person actually push any Apple product.
There's a point where an interface cable connector can be too small. The miniature USB connectors are already too small, causing problems getting them to fit properly and continuously. The fact they only plug in one way doesn't stop people from trying to plug them in the other way--and sometimes they succeed! I really like Apple's new Lightning connector because it plugs in easy and stays there. Simple design that works.   As for treating the USB cable like a living room...
If this "store" is going to stay on Treasure Island, it will have problems attracting the number of people Google is hoping for. I've gone across the Bay Bridge and the exits to Treasure Island are not that easy to use. Try getting there during rush hour! Add this to Amazon's insane drone delivery service and while these two ideas are definitely "thinking differently" there is a difference between "different" and absolutely crazy. Of course, Google is just trying to get...
Irrational is being polite for the insanity going on in the stock market.
I don't care. Did the judge assign the monitoring to Bromwich or to his bogus company? I believe it was only to him. How much did Apple make on this supposed violation? From the look of his bill, Bromwich will surpass any profits Apple made in short order. 
I'd like to compare Apple's costs with Microsoft's during their lengthy monopoly monitoring. I'm sure someone was monitoring Microsoft and since their finding was much larger in scope, I'd think there would be more people assigned to monitoring them. Oh, wait, the US government owns it's computing existence to Microsoft so they probably got a free ride. Apple needs to push for a quicker appeal and when they win, I'm looking at Apple suing this jerk for everything he has....
The destruction of an email, or any computer data, is the responsibility of the email server being used. If I remember correctly, the BES server connects to the corporate Exchange server, serving encrypted emails to a Blackberry. Good does the same thing, using an Exchange server to handle the email while providing encrypted transmission between the mobile device and the server. As we all know, an Exchange server is the best in the world and never has problems saving data,...