or Connect

Posts by rob53

Totally agree and I no longer have to worry about job-related files. When I finally replace my 2009 iMac, I'm getting an iMac5K with a 512GB SSD then moving most of my home directory onto a TB2-connected RAID with a USB-3 backup RAID (less expensive, can make it larger). This means all my important files (music, photos, TV/movies, and videos) will be accessible no matter what my front-end computer is. The most trouble I've ever had with a Mac is the hard drive (hate...
Did Apple make a big deal about the changes to the iMac and MBP? I don't see anything on their front page. The only thing that says anything is new is on the Store page. Apple didn't consider these technical updates a big deal, the press did. Apple is merely bringing newer components to two of their great product lines to keep them as current as possible. As for your complaint about your price increase, don't blame Mr. Cook or Apple, blame your own country, the EU and...
That's what happens with the US dollar finally gets strong again. This is also why there are so many cars from BC driving across the border into WA to buy gas and many other things.
If you look closely at the "New" Retina configuration, it looks like the lower end old iMac with a new display and TB2. It still comes with a 1TB hard disk as standard. The New iMac has fewer upgrades so you can choose either the lowest costing 27" iMac at $1799 or start adding options and go all the way up to $3768 (list, all options including AppleCare). This is a nice range and should allow potential buyers the ability to find something in their price point. 
I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues seeing the Apple store page. I got through to it another way. They dropped the higher end non-Retina iMac, added a lower end Retina and dropped the price of the upper one. I can get Apple products through a special deal offered to retirees so my configuration comes out almost $200 less than it used to for the top end iMac 5K. I already bought my additional memory months ago then held off buying the iMac. Now it looks reasonable....
The US court system is still a joke. As the graphic shows, Samsung obviously copied the "trade dress" of iPhones after they were released. What else does the court system have to have to justify Apple's complaints? I bet Samsung will get off with a slap of the hand over design patents. Samsung has already done so much damage that Apple can't get back so no amount of money will be a fair amount for Apple. Samsung got away with it and the courts won't do what they really...
Apple Store showing 2-3 week delivery on non-Retina iMacs when choosing the 3.5GHz Core i7 putting it right in line with WWDC. Actually any BTO option for the top of the line non-Retina 27" iMac shows a 2-3 week delivery while the other 27" iMac only changes by a few days when selecting options so it looks to me like Apple is getting ready to make major changes to the better non-Retina 27" iMac. I've been waiting for an upgrade to these to figure out whether I really need...
Broadwell took longer to release than expected so why does anyone actually think Skylake will be on time and actually run properly when first released? I think it's better for Apple if they release updates with a (more) proven CPU instead of being on the bleeding edge and release updates that could effectively kill an entire product line. Intel is pushing to stay competitive and hasn't always released properly working devices. Apple doesn't need a Skygate issue.
When you say private insurance, what do you mean? You find an insurance broker and have them create a specialized medical insurance package just for you? The ACA is a bargain for many people, especially those who have been sick with cancer and other types of expensive illnesses. Before the ACA, insurance companies could deny coverage so these people either died or they got welfare level coverage. Now they can be covered. The rates are based on age, younger people pay less...
Let's look at it a different way. What patents does AOL hold? Article says Verizon might spin off some of AOL but will they keep patents to use against others? I thought AOL was dead a long time ago but it just won't go away.