or Connect

Posts by rob53

How true especially the part about teaching values. The problem with the US is its trying to force our values onto the rest of the world. We have no right to do so and many of these values aren't good ones anyway. You could add the Oklahoma City bombing of 1995 to that list. This was done by good old Americans not by some made up enemy hoarding "American" oil. The war on terrorism is a sad chapter in US history, coming right after the peace and love generation of the 60's....
It's both sides. Obama didn't get rid of everyone in the NSA, DHS or other government agencies. He only changed the top level Secretaries. The others were government workers he couldn't fire. As everyone knows, the top person of a large organization rarely has any control of everyday operations. Once the DHS was formed and the NSA, CIA, and FBI were allowed to do whatever they could get away with (starting way back in J Edgar Hoover's time), it didn't matter who the...
"Under the civil remedies provision of the Antiterrorism Act (18 U.S. Code ?2333), victims of international terrorism can sue, Lawfare explains, adding that an act violating criminal law is required to meet section definitions."   The stupid thing about this comment is that the US government is one of the largest terrorist organizations in the world but we can't sue them (we can try but no judge would ever hear the case). They demand the toughest encryption possible,...
Need to take away the drugs these people are taking. This is getting ridiculous.
I understand and agree, which is why I only included his posting so my comment was directed at him. I might not agree with all of your postings but as long as you post content instead of wasting my time looking through meaningless garbage (like a lot of people post), then I have no problem with your comments. Having everyone agree makes for a boring day.....
Yes, his response actually said something instead of just bating the two of you into a prolonged fight. As for Google being able to do anything, I think they're past that stage. As the article says, 95% of the existing Android phones are vulnerable and I'd bet at least half of those have no means to patch or update their phones, at least not easily. This is the Achilles heal of Android phones, lack of OS support by the multitude of vendors (all those "other" vendors)....
check out mstone's chart. I think it justifies my statement. As for Windows 10 being free, it's only free for the last two versions. They're trying to follow Apple's lead and will have a difficult time doing that because all Microsoft really sells is their software. If they had to justify their existence on hardware, they'd be bankrupt by now. Microsoft will survive on licensing fees for server, cloud and whatever other software they continue to rubber stamp. Apple sells...
Well, my opinion about your statement about the PC platform being dominant shows that it's also in the throwaway market where there are so many almost identical products doing nearly the same thing with various degrees of capability that sites like Cnet and the others are kept in business saying the same thing to the same people multiple times. Being dominant doesn't necessarily mean it's any good. In many cases it's dominant because companies don't want to change, feeling...
Thanks. Now to break it down a bit further. Commercial licensing would include all those server-based client licenses, correct? Device and Consumer licensing sounds like it would be Windows OEM income. Computing and Gaming Hardware is Xbox and other gaming products but does it also include the Surface? What else? I always like "Other" categories because they seem to include all the products that barely survived. Am I close? In other words, licensing of non-Windows desktop...
 I could go through all the "pro-Apple" websites, including AppleInsider, and give you a list but you obviously already have your mind made up. Yes, I have my mind made up as well but it's based on two decades dealing with Windows systems (or in your case Apple products), not just complaining about them in a forum.