or Connect

Posts by rob53

I don't have Flash installed and some websites will go ahead and give me HTML5 video so some websites have code that actually checks. I like your idea and would be satisfied with the three that usually work with plugins. I wonder if Adobe has some legal requirements with website operators that forbid them from blocking Flash if it's there. I assume there's code in websites that can determine what platform and OS is being used, which is why iOS sites either give you HTML5...
My point exactly. Something as simple as Jacquie Lawson e-cards works the same way on an iPhone as it does on my iMac as long as I change Safari to emulate an iPad. I sent an email to them asking about this and I believe they said to change browsers. I refuse to use anything from Google I don't have to including Chrome so that's not the answer (@payeco) so maybe Apple can interrogate the web site, check to see if Flash is on the site and automatically change to HTML5. I...
My serious answer is I paid for the AI mobile ad subscription. As for all those ads in newspapers, magazines, and TV, the first thing I do with the one weekly newspaper I get is pull out all the ads and throw them in the recycle bin. As for TV, I either mute it or use that time to do something else. I rarely read magazines because most of them have more advertisements than actual content. I understand website operators need to find a way to justify their web presence but...
It's about time. I already use blockers but having them built-in will help with compatibility. While Apple's at it, I'd really like to see them push back on web sites that work without Flash on iOS yet continue to force the use of it on OSX. I know I can use the Develop menu and select which User Agent I want to use but this shouldn't be necessary. The web sites are satisfied with not using Flash on mobile devices, which probably outnumber desktop devices by a large...
If Apple is behind anything, the lawyers will come out in droves. Anyone else and nobody cares. Same as when Tiger was in his prime (sorry Tiger). All TV cameras were on him and if he sneezed wrong, someone would call in a penalty on him. The other players could do what they wanted to because nobody was watching them. I'd like to investigate the NY and Connecticut attorney general's offices. There's bound to be some shenanigans I could easily find. There's more corruption...
The ironic thing about Apple's security is that it is required in order to be made available for US government users. Apple wasn't on par with Blackberry for mobile devices and until Filevault was released for OSX, it wasn't really allowed on government systems (classified and unclassified). Because of theft of government laptops, all laptops had to have full disk encryption before they could be taken outside the confines of the protected area. Some of this was to protect...
I did and the conversion just required a few agreements and I have everything now. A lot more to look at but I can't seem to find the older downloads for OSX.
One thing I was hoping for was an integrated method for reviewing and cleaning out the "Other" category on iOS devices. This continues to be a headache for many with the only way of getting around it is to increase your storage.
Great, I just renewed my Mac developer membership. I hope they will roll it over into the combined Program.
I was talking about direct fiber connections from a server thru a fiber switch to a fiber adapter at the workstation. This configuration allowed the server, switch, and workstation to be physically secured while the fiber cable was allowed to run through unsecured areas as long as it was continuous. With fiber's much longer distance capability than CAT5 cable, it allowed us to extend networks to other buildings without expensive secured conduit runs. There was no way to...