or Connect

Posts by rob53

Fine, but I'm still waiting for actual numbers. A "large number" compared to what? How much is a large number? I'd really like to know some factual information instead of generalizations. I'm not assuming you have those actual numbers and I actually wonder if Samsung even knows how many phones they actually sold. They can determine how many they shipped but getting valid numbers back on sales might be difficult when many are given away or "sold" for free as part of a...
When do we get to see a breakdown of Samsung "smartphone" models? I'd like to see how many of them are actually simply throwaway feature phones.
As for iFixit's repairability score of 1, I can see the Apple Watch being a zero but these scores are fine with me as long as they never need to be repaired. The new MacBook isn't a model I see 99.99% of buyers ever wanting to upgrade. Of course, everyone on this forum upgrades everything they can but this laptop hopefully is sized properly for the intended audience and will just keep on running for years to come. Of course, as with any Apple laptop, I'd make sure I bought...
http://www.britto.com/front/originals I've seen children draw like this. What gives him the right to be the only one who can, as sog35 states, draw "with bright colors, thick black lines, and upbeat themes?" If you look at stylistic stained glass artwork, this is how it would be done. Nothing on his gallery showed any hands.  
This article doesn't mention anything about the hardware cost, only service charges. The AppleTV could have a 50% profit or 5%, we don't know. The 30% is only about what Apple takes from each company that is included on the channel list.
The questions you should be asking is 1) whether Apple baked in the capability to run NVMExpress hardware into their PCIe hardware in the latest iMacs (and Mac Pro), since you can't change that without replacing the logic board, and 2) whether Apple will allow an Apple approved service center to open your new iMac and replace the SSD with a NVME SSD when they are available for your hardware. I presume you bought AppleCare with your iMac 5K and wouldn't want to lose that by...
After seeing how slow web access has become, I don't think it matters how fast your Mac or ISP speed is. I can run all sorts of speedtests locally and to my ISP and everything looks reasonably fast (for a 2009 iMac). It's when it takes "forever" to load a web page that upsets me. I wish someone would come out with a web access speed test that stripped all the garbage off the page (no flash, minimal javascript, HTML5 video only, and absolutely NO ADS) to see how fast the...
After your update to 10.10.3, check your System Report and see what it says. It probably says (basically) no. I think Apple would have identified the new SSDs when the iMac 5K was released, which seems like ages ago. 
The larger hypocrisy is that our Victorian upbringing shuns nudity while glamorizing military and killing in general. I don't remember the last time two nude ladies from Mars ever killed anyone or drew a drop of blood but you can see gory TVs shows during primetime including worthless acts of violence such as MMA "fights" (at any other time they would be put in jail for their actions), violent action movies (sorry Fast and Furious), and current and futuristic military...
Here we go again with the "Others" that dwarfs any manufacturer. A third of all "PCs" are sold by someone we don't know. Are there really that many throwaway PCs being built? Does this include PCs in refrigerators? Who's included in the Other category?