or Connect

Posts by rob53

I'm not so sure, especially in the beginning. All I've read is about people going to different businesses to try it out. To me this means they wouldn't necessarily be shopping at that store on that day but today they are going there just to try out ApplePay. Banks know that people spend more money when using credit card, that's why so many people are in financial trouble (the banks supply the drugs and we joyfully take them, and take them, and take them). I can't wait for...
I shot an email to their sales address. We'll see how quickly they respond. I tried it on my iPhone and I could get some of it but everything was too large and I couldn't zoom out.
Check out http://thermal.com/see_the_unseen.html. Seek shows a range of uses. Going through their website was very interesting, especially the comparison when showing images at the three distances. As for it usefulness, anything that's new will take time to figure out how to use it but once you've seen what it does, I'm sure you'll wonder why you didn't get one earlier. 
Finally found out how to get it to work. You need to turn on iCloud photo library on your iOS device. What worries me is it says it will "Automatically upload and store your entire library in iCloud to access photos and videos from all your devices." I still only have the 5GB of free storage. Once I turn this feature on on my iPhone I can see this space instantly filling up. So far, my photos don't cost me any space but with the iCloud Photo Library will Apple start...
Actually there are UHDTV TV sets available. This is the consumer resolution, not true 4K but this is what TV manufacturers will sell. Actually, H.265 is capable of handling up to 8K video and it's pretty compressed, which means the normal person won't see the difference. As far as content, it's coming but I don't believe BlueRay really took off even though it's hard to find a non-BlueRay DVD player anymore. The industry is pushing whatever they want to based on specs.
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) is a video compression standard, a successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding), that was jointly developed by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) and ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group (VCEG) as ISO/IEC 23008-2 MPEG-H Part 2 and ITU-T H.265. HEVC is said to double the data compression ratio compared to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC at the same level of video quality. It can alternatively be used to provide substantially improved...
As late as June 2002, AAPL was an adjusted $1/share. Now it's sitting around $114. 10K shares were 1400+ shares prior to last split, 700 before the split in 2005, and 350 before the split in 2000. Starting with 350 shares back in the late 20th century wouldn't have been such a big deal. They didn't cost $465 (my entry point). digitalclips just acted like a true investor, investing for the long run. Yes, this make digitalclips the 1% (or less) of of current...
"The ability to freely export Fitbit data, and integrate it with other services, requires a membership priced at $49.99, while Apple's HealthKit could accomplish those same tasks for free."    In other words, Fitbit wants to lock you into their ecosystem while Apple is providing a way for many third-party developers to use the capabilities of the iPhone for free. And people say Apple is greedy.
Apple does license patents from people/companies that provide applicable technology. Saying a pager is the basis for messaging is like saying a pencil is the basis for a typewriter. How far back do you pay people for inventions that no longer are being improved on or hardly even used? If you read the verdict, the jury said Apple did not knowingly use the patents. In other words, Apple did not feel any of their development was predicated on the pager patents. The problem...
John Gruber needs to quit taking so many drugs. Using a stereo camera system based on tiny CMOS sensors and only using the best results from each then calling it DSLR quality is uneducated, uninformed, and just plain crazy. Add to this the extremely small size of the camera lens and the combination doesn't come close to a DSLR. The iPhone does take nice photos but comparing them to a DSLR with high-quality lens is grossly unfair to to real cameras.      iPhone6:...