or Connect

Posts by rob53

I hate to admit it but I'm starting to look at all Korean-based products with caution. I already won't buy Samsung products but am adding Hyundai and Kia as well as not even looking at tires made by Hankook. It brings me back to those days past where anything made in Japan was suspect. There's no way around buying products made in China but being made in a country can be different from being made by a company based in a foreign country (Samsung vs. Apple). 
16 posts in 8 years. What's kept you coming back and not commenting? As far as your statement, I think the exact opposite. Daniel is one of the few writers who actually researches the topics he writes.
Fun article for a Sunday. Brought out a lot of new posters and of course the old guys had to chip in as well. I know Daniel loves Apple products and have met him. What he's doing is the same thing Samsung and Microsoft do in their anti-Apple ads, which they get away with all the time. I haven't read that many comments about how these two companies make up things about Apple that everyone seems to take as gospel yet Daniel simply reports on something other sites have...
I don't think the DOJ has ever been that smart. They just continue to take protection money from Amazon and others and we have no way to stop them. It doesn't matter who the President is because the DOJ has always done their own thing. Until Apple shells out the required few million dollars, Amazon will be allowed to do whatever it wants to do. I have yet to hear any gripes from state AGs about Amazon, only about Apple. Amazon must be greasing those wheels as well.
When will the US government and judicial system actually force Samsung to pay up or risk an ban on all Samsung devices? Samsung has shown it has no intention of paying any of its fines or contractual responsibilities (royalties). Isn't this enough for an import ban?
The Beats deal included two departments/sections/whatever you want to call them. The Beats Music part was the lesser of the two by a wide margin. Maybe Apple could decide to split their original offer and not take Beats Music, at least until Bose backs off. Of course, Bose has to prove Beats is using their patented technology while Beats needs to prove it isn't. There usually are more than one way to do things and I can't believe Beats Music would have been so dumb as to...
The download servers aren't the only thing getting hammered. My email isn't working either. Tried both Mail and through the web using iCloud and it isn't connecting. This started a bit ago. My wife's iCloud email is still working, however. It would have been nice if Apple would have moved the download server to somewhere other than the same ones used for iCloud. :-)  
Apple isn't finished adding or changing things so my answer is no, I wouldn't put it on a production machine. It's good enough (no offense but I've always hated this slogan because it shows how people are willing to accept something that isn't very good) for testing.
Actually I agree with Tallest Skil on this one. Apple is taking a huge chance opening up the Yosemite beta testing to anyone who signs up for free. If they've never dealt with beta software, and I'm not talking about some applications that are always in beta, they aren't aware of how much damage you can do to your Mac. Even though Apple states not to put this on a production system (I run all my betas on an external drive), people will ignore what they (don't) read and do...
Like I've said before, who is responsible for false rumors effect on stock prices? When will some government agency step in and protect investors from this ever escalating pile of rumors, lies, and half truths.