or Connect

Posts by rob53

I hate percentages because 1000% of a very small number is still a very small number. Can you translate these percentages into actual numbers to give us an idea of where Microsoft is making their money? I don't really care about units either, all I care about is cold hard cash. 10M phones doesn't mean much when they give most of them (or a large number of them) away just to show some growth. Did Microsoft even make a profit on their phone sales? I know they made a profit...
Actually, I bet they make more money on Windows server and all those crazy server applications with expensive client licenses than on Windows desktop software. They can give away the desktop OS because they make a ton of money on maintenance contracts. Their push to cloud-based everything is another way to keep people paying them no matter applications or products they sell. The PC platform is basically dead as far as profits are concerned but the cloud and client...
Does it surprise anyone that all these pro-Windows sites are trying to keep relevant themselves by giving pro-Windows 10 responses? Microsoft will stay relevant not because of their OS or any of their services but because they are so entrenched in US government and enterprise installations that it will be very difficult for these installations to ever change to something else. Microsoft doesn't really need to upgrade their OS to keep customers, in fact forcing companies to...
Mine works fine but I don't use their iOS app anymore. I assume lots of original iPhone owners of Nest products are doing the same thing.
So worthless for watching live regular season games of teams other than local ones.
Refresh my memory on the Touch. I know it doesn't have cellular capability but can it be used with specific apps for VoIP use? If so, I could see it being used within certain businesses in a different manner for communications and corporate applications instead of full iPhones. This configuration might work a lot better than depending on cellular-based phones, especially in buildings with lots of metal that restrict cellular signals but have an adequate corporate WiFi...
Weird, Apple didn't include a "New" tag anywhere on their store site for the changes. At least when I just checked it didn't show up for me. 
I'm going to sound like a typical student here but I can't find this iTune U course. iTunes only lists the Stanford and Higher College of Technologies courses while nothing is listed under the Swift developer site. Any ideas?
This might be nice but it won't keep a student's attention for very long. This is the instant gratification generation. Knowing what happens behind the scenes doesn't really matter. All that matters if getting the product out. Robots and canned applications rule so why use a text editor to learn programming (makes sense for someone called @ascii) when you can bypass all the basic stuff and get create an app right away? (only a little sarcasm but think about it a little...)...
Wow, to me 2015 is a lot different than 1985, which is also a lot different than the early 1950's when I was born. I guess you haven't lived through much to see the differences. That being said, wireless charging is actually called inductive charging using a magnetic field to transfer energy between two devices. To many people, inductive charging is beyond their understanding while wireless simply means no wired connections ("dumb" things down so more people can understand...