or Connect

Posts by rob53

I was using credit cards and debit cards as being the same thing. They use a system where the consumer doesn't have to provide direct banking information (checking account number, routing number, etc.) to the retailer. The retailer only gets what's available on the card. MCX is going much further than this while ApplePay is giving the retailer a single-use token.  I'm fine with competition as long as it's secure, easy to use and makes sense. Those using Android or Windows...
Perfect edit!! 
Like I've said before, ApplePay will be accepted worldwide once all the arrangements are made, making certain American companies look really foolish. The MCX consortium is barking up the wrong tree and will ultimately fail. Whether people pay off their credit cards every month or not, they use it as a way to manage their money. Having a payment system that immediately takes money from your checking account is the same as using cash and doesn't fit many people's financial...
One of the other things companies have to deal with is government regulations dealing with protecting information. I'm not just talking about government installations but healthcare, legal, financial, insurance and life sciences (took from Good's industries tab). All of these have requirements to protect corporate data and unless they manage their mobile devices properly, I doubt they will get government approval to operate. Good works with Android phones but as we all...
Good Technology, along with AirWatch (by VMWare), are the only MDMs accepted for use by the US Government (those that follow DISA STIGs), http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/net_perimeter/wireless/Pages/smartphone.aspx. I did notice iOS8 is now approved for use as well. Of course, OS X 10.8 is still the latest Mac OS to be approved but this makes sense since the government has a greater need for Apple mobile device approval than desktop (this will change in time).  As for Good...
I guess if all you care about are USB ports. The thing about this adapter is it doesn't use the four USB ports on the iMac, it uses just one so it's the same thing as an unpowered hub. Certain devices need the built-in port to work (like my Apple Lightning cable and some printers) and don't work even with powered hubs. Frankly, putting all the cables above my keyboard puts them in the way. from referenced website4 USB ports yet take only one from iMac
Using enterprise MDM systems (maybe Apple Configurator as well) you can install apps that don't come from the App Store. This is so enterprises can installed specialized apps only available to them. If an enterprise installation allows its users to side-load apps through the MDM system, then the IT people should be fired.  Any application that is installed on any computer has the ability to infect the computer. That's why you need to know where you're getting your apps. As...
I understand you're stubbornness but the Fusion drive was created to speed up disk access at a time when SSD's were prohibitively expensive. In many ways they still are and getting some speed improvement using a combination of flash and hard disk storage still is a faster solution than using only hard drives. A Fusion drive is generally $200 more for the 128GB flash storage. This gives you either 1TB or 3TB of storage for the iMacs for a lot less than a 512GB or 1TB flash...
I'm looking at a RAID5 TB2, 6-drive setup. I know WiFi enabled things are all the rage but I have my computers hardwired for speed and integrity. As for Time Capsule, I would like to know how many people actually use it for grabbing a deleted file or a previous version. I don't use it (I use SuperDuper! to sync my drive every night) so I'm asking for a show of hands. This article is a review of the iMac 5K, not Time Capsule, so people can tell me its not appropriate to...
True but..... On a Fusion drive, all initial access is on the SSD except when loading a file off the hard drive onto the SSD. Once the file is on the SSD, all edits are done on the SSD and the hard drive is accessed a bit at a time when there's write cycles available. Of course, when the SSD fills up with edited files, it has to write (off-load) to the hard drive, slowing things down until the SSD has room again. Supposedly, the SSD portion keeps track of recently used...