or Connect

Posts by rob53

I agree, I had problems with their old cartridge drives and have never bought from them again.
Do you really think private schools would be better managed or that students would get a better education? Of course some students would but those are already in private schools financed by the 1%'ers. Free public schools in the US are guaranteed by our constitution but as usual are not supported with the kind of assistance they need. It starts with parents who need to do the majority of parenting instead of expecting public schools to do the parenting. Remember, private...
There's always multiple reasons for people to do certain things. In this case, it might be because there has been tension between the district superintendent, John Deasy, and the UTLA president, Alex Caputo-Pearl. Seems John is from the rich side and Alex is an East Coast native who had come to L.A. to enact his dreams of grass-roots education reform.   I'm not taking sides on who is better for the LA school district, I'm just finding enough published information that...
I'm not saying the same number of leaks wouldn't happen if manufacturing was done in the US, but at least here Apple could prosecute the people leaking information and product photos. If this hardware is Apple property then it's theft plain and simple. Freedom of speech doesn't have anything to do with this, especially when the China doesn't have that convoluted right.
Why wouldn't they have had close contact with Apple and Pearson. You don't investigate, design, and contract a complex and large contract in a vacuum. I would have been really upset if they hadn't contacted Apple. This whole mess stinks of a gross lack of understanding and back-room fighting over what technology to deploy. I can't wait until the Windows and Chromebook junk gets deployed and nothing works. Who's going to be responsible for this catastrophe? Of course, the...
That would be interesting. All the phones in "Other" would suddenly disappear and most of Samsung's phones would go with them making Apple the leader by a large margin in real smartphones. I can't wait to see how much complaining Google will do when they're forced to provide a kill-switch by all the manufacturers using Android. Google will say it's not their responsibility, it's the manufacturer's but I'm hopeful the courts will see through that one. I also wonder what the...
I knew that. I just couldn't count this morning. :-)
This is what happens when the DOJ allows a monopoly to freely exist. I don't understand where Amazon is getting this kind of money when they continually say they are keeping the cost of things they sell to the lowest possible amount. This doesn't add up. People yelled at Apple for paying 1/3 this amount for Beats. Is Twitch actually worth this much or is Amazon paying way too much? 50M active users, which works out to $20/user. So if every current user was charged $20,...
It isn't technically the same company. Samsung Group is composed of a large number of divisions and affiliates. Samsung Telecommunications, a business unit within Samsung Electronics, is the group that makes mobile devices and PCs. There are business units within Samsung electronics that make flash memory and semi-conductors. Historically, these business units have operated with different goals with some bent on destroying Apple while others see Apple as a needed income...
I did and if what's listed is all they do, I'm not impressed at all. Habitat for Humanity: only $100K/yr and 300 hours. For a company the size of Samsung Mobile this isn't even pocket changeNorth Texas Food Bank: is this only for a US Samsung site?Susan B. Komen for a Cure: only way to wear jeans to work is if they donate $5/day or $20/weekCarter BloodCare: don't say if they actually donate blood, just how it worksRady Children's Hospital golf tournament: enough saidToys...