or Connect

Posts by rob53

I know you know the answer but I'll humor you. The iPad actually doesn't do everything the iPhone can do (no cellular calls, VoIP doesn't count) but it's larger and can be used in more ways than an iPhone. They both have their place.
jungmark is correct on this one. The Windows number includes worthless laptops and netbooks as well as their mobile devices that can't run anything more than what the iPhone can run. I like the comparison. To make matters worse for Microsoft, I'd like to know how many of those PCs are sitting in people's closets, store rooms, and recycling centers. Of course, Microsoft has to count all of them even if they aren't running.
Someone needs to come up with a standard for what constitutes a smartphone, then use that standard to determine how many of each level of phone are being sold. When any kind of food product is harvested, each piece goes through a selection process that determines whether it's grade A (usually sold whole for consumers) then all they way down to whatever the lowest grade is (product only good for animal feed--not saying much for what we feed our animals). Apple only sells...
All I see from this chart is that the Surface is barely used at all and that the iPad is used more than all Android tablets throughout the day except when comparing the early morning hours to Android's best time from 8pm to 10pm. In other words, the iPad is actually used while Android tables are still marginally used (Surface not used at all--don't bail them out saying they're used by corporate users).
The TV comment could have been worded differently but I see no problem bringing nationalism into play. Apple is a US company and they continue to be treated unfairly by our judicial system. Yes, Samsung was finally found guilty by an American jury but the DOJ continues to find Apple guilty of everything they can dig up, leaving Samsung alone. Samsung continues to "work" the US legal system to their benefit and very few judges are willing to go against them. This smacks of...
I've seen financial websites ask if Apple bought back their stock to appease Icahn. The answer is a big fat NO! Apple does what they want to do, when they want to do it, and simply saw the big dip as a buying opportunity to satisfy the amount they already said they were going to buy back. Apple doesn't have enough money to go private or I bet they would. All the stock owned by Apple employees could easily be converted to something else but I'm sure Apple employees like the...
Rich people have a disease that causes them to think that enough is never enough. I have seen way too people with way too much money complain about spending any of it even when they need medical assistance. They just can't part with anything. They even have problems buying good food, only wanting to spend the least amount possible and complaining when their "hard earned money" is used to help the less fortunate among us.  Icahn fits this bill perfectly. He will never have...
Let's just hope Imagination owns all the patents used in it's PowerVR graphics chip, thereby excluding this component from the endless list of patent violations trolls and actual patent holders are throwing at Apple.   IMG.L market cap of 490M at the bottom of their 52 week range (up today) so maybe a good buying time
Give me a break. Is Samsung paying the athletes (never would have been allowed years ago) I could see them requiring this (same as on TV shows) bit if they are only giving athletes a (junk) gift box first I would give it back and second, I would challenge their apparent authority to ban other products.
"Maybe if they had spent some of their very valuable time keeping the company from violating antitrust laws, perhaps they wouldn't be in this position," Judge Gerard Lynch said.   "The government has other things to do," Judge Guido Calabresi said.   These statements are definitely prejudicial. These judges have already sided with Judge Cote without even waiting for anything to be presented. The DOJ is upset because an American company is making money. Go figure. I...