or Connect

Posts by rob53

I did and the conversion just required a few agreements and I have everything now. A lot more to look at but I can't seem to find the older downloads for OSX.
One thing I was hoping for was an integrated method for reviewing and cleaning out the "Other" category on iOS devices. This continues to be a headache for many with the only way of getting around it is to increase your storage.
Great, I just renewed my Mac developer membership. I hope they will roll it over into the combined Program.
I was talking about direct fiber connections from a server thru a fiber switch to a fiber adapter at the workstation. This configuration allowed the server, switch, and workstation to be physically secured while the fiber cable was allowed to run through unsecured areas as long as it was continuous. With fiber's much longer distance capability than CAT5 cable, it allowed us to extend networks to other buildings without expensive secured conduit runs. There was no way to...
It's been my information that the only way to perform a non-intrusive tap of a fiber optic cable (meaning without simply inserting a physical tap into an existing line) was to use some kind of radioactive method. Fiber sends via light waves so there isn't any electromagnetic signal that can be tapped. This might have changed but it's one of the nice things about fiber. Physical taps can easily be discovered by the use of standard fiber optic test equipment. They show up as...
Apple is trying to get the license to stream (in real time) standard broadcast TV on their new streaming Apple TV product and is running into resistance. Remember the company that tried to re-stream broadcast TV and was finally shut down? Nobody has the right to re-stream copyrighted material without approval so Apple is just exercising its rights. People nowadays just don't understand that even though material is shown in the web, it is not free to reproduce or circulate...
As everyone knows, numbers can be made to come out anyway you want them to. As for polls, when was the last time any of the people on this forum actually participated in one or answered their phone because it was an 800 number? I've only been polled maybe once and always screen my calls. If they don't leave a message then I don't call them back. I would estimate the majority of iPhone users screen their phones like I do while Android users always answer their phones so...
Is this a positive? AppleTV has a bunch of channels I never watch, just like on cable. I read FireTV doesn't separate the free "Prime" movies from pay per view making it difficult to find them. Sounds like someone else has UI problems.
Please explain how this works: "Using a standard USB-C cable, Thunderbolt 3 will offer transfer speeds of twice that, at 20Gbps. Users who buy an active copper USB-C cable will gain access to 40Gbps transfer speeds with Thunderbolt 3."   Please explain what an active copper USB-C cable is. Is it available today or is this also something new? You say TB3 is 20Gbps so how does a cable double that?   Now we just need to get the cost of Thunderbolt hardware reduced so it...
Totally agree, however, Apple might be saying no personal information will be made available to the content providers, which is all these companies want anyway. They could care less about delivering TV content, they want customer information, trends, etc., so they can market other garbage and until they get Apple to allow this, I doubt we'll see anything from Apple. I'm not expecting ad-less channels but I am expecting Apple to control all the connection information...