or Connect

Posts by rob53

Thank you. This means AAPL has blown past its previous market cap because of all the shares Apple bought back. So market cap really doesn't mean all that much. If you take the current market cap ($660.791B) and add back in all the shares Apple bought, AAPL would be well over $700B+ wouldn't it? Of course, that's not how things work but it would be interesting if someone were able to calculate this. oops, now at $661.85B
So does mine but why does anything Apple sells or doesn't sell affect AAPL? It affects Apple's bottom line but AAPL's market cap really doesn't have anything to do with Apple's actual worth. When Apple buys back AAPL stock, they retire them don't they or do they actually own shares in AAPL (I hate calling AAPL their own company because it really isn't, this is the fallacy about being public owned because the money in the stock market isn't available for Apple's use).
I know this started out as an article about Staple's but I like the fact it's turned into an article about all the places you can use ApplePay since it shows people are using it.   I was at Wells Fargo yesterday and jokingly asked about using ApplePay and the person said they didn't think it would come to our town, only a large town like Seattle because the terminals cost too much. I find this hilarious since Wells Fargo is a huge and profitable bank. Our bank only has...
Is market cap calculated based on the number of outstanding shares? If so, what do you do about all the shares Apple bought back? If market cap is only calculated based on the number of shares in Nasdaq, then it really means nothing to Apple since Apple can't touch this money. This money is there for the transfer of stocks between gamblers. Once a company goes past their IPO, all the money in the stock market belongs to the people who bought it. Correct me if I'm wrong but...
Hopefully not since this is the easiest way for people to use fake credit card numbers. There's nothing secure about entering numbers by hand. If, as a retailer, you're ready to assume all liability for fraud, then be prepared for the credit card companies to no longer accept responsibility for fraudulent purchases from hand-entered numbers. Signatures are a joke as well and many card companies don't require them for smaller purchases. This is why using TouchID makes so...
I was wrong. I received an email from Revel:   --- The iPad itself is not capable of accepting NFC payments. Revel will be using the VivoPay 4500 as the additional hardware to accept NFC payments within our systems. ($500 on sale--AI commenters: how does this compare to other credit card terminals?)   http://www.northamericanterminals.com/vivopay-4500.html ---   I downloaded the manual from manualslib.com and it works wirelessly with a POS system, which I assume is...
Check out Revel Systems, http://revelsystems.com/2014/09/30/revel-works-apple-pay. They just announced ApplePay-compatible iPad POS systems. I didn't see anywhere on their website where it said you'd have to use a separate NFC terminal. I could be making a huge assumption but Revel made a big announcement so I am further assuming they have the hardware necessary if it isn't using whatever is built in.  more: I emailed Revel to see how they're doing it and hope to get a...
Don't need an external NFC reader since NFC is included in the new iPads and it might work on the iPhone6's the same way. This doesn't address older iPads but the nice thing about the new iPad Air 2 is that it's ready to use as a point of sale (POS) device for NFC transactions. Square would simply need to add the NFC component to their software and I'm sure they will be doing that.
For someone who's the antithesis of DED (Daniel E. Dilger), this doesn't surprise me. As for these specs not meaning anything, look at the type of people who frequent AI. To these people (me included), these specs are significant. For any person who has to put up with people spewing technical specs about their favorite Android mobile device or desktop, it gives me additional information to remind them that Apple knows what to do with the additional power while their...
Saw another article about ApplePay on the CIO website but couldn't get it to let me log on to post so I'll post the information I found from that article here. Smoothie King is changing all their POS terminals to one from Revel (SF based), http://revelsystems.com/2014/09/30/revel-works-apple-pay. This system uses an iPad and they say it can use ApplePay. I'm guessing they are using the NFC capability in the iPad Air 2 as the merchant side of ApplePay. This makes for a...