or Connect

Posts by rob53

http://news.yahoo.com/google-enhances-encryption-technology-email-204813662--politics.html dated 3/20/2014, "Lidzborski said that all Gmail messages a consumer sends or receives are now encrypted." I read this to mean they weren't encrypted before this date so gmail encryption is new as of a few months ago.    http://gizmodo.com/why-doesnt-google-encrypt-all-of-your-data-1148987872 dated 8/15/2013: "From now on everything you put on Cloud Storage will be automatically...
I second that motion. I don't wear a watch anymore (retired) and if I did, I'd wear my fashionable Swiss Army watch with red dial. I don't need to know the exact time all the time. Is the sun up? Then it must be daytime. If I were to get an "iWatch" I'd want to make sure it was very minimal, didn't make my wrist sweat, was absolutely waterproof (not just water resistant), shock proof, and did more than just show me the time (not much more than this however). What I don't...
What surprises me the most about this acquisition is that Priceline has this much money. This is the same as Amazon have a tons of money, all they do is perform a service based on other company's products. In other words, they don't really have anything of true value. Priceline doesn't actually rent any hotel rooms or provide any airline tickets, they merely find a service that sells them for the cheapest. How many middleman services do we need and why do companies pay...
This is all you can comment on? Some typographical errors. Your comments need some proofreading as well. Try capitalizing the first word in your sentences. As for Daniel's editorial, I would go a bit further and call in the SEC to investigate Yahoo's comments, which border on false and misleading information, obviously attempting to manipulate the market for their own benefit.
So much for the NDA
Why do you feel this way? Dodging taxes using legal means is not dodging taxes, it's paying the amount of taxes the law says they have to pay. What you're saying is analogous to saying the military is committing murder during war. International law says this is not murder as long as it's done following the rules.  If the EU wants to change the rules then the EU can attempt to get all the countries in the EU to settle on new tax laws but until they do, Apple is not (as far...
Apple, and others, are not cheating the US government out of anything. This money was earned outside the US so why should the US be able to tax it? I used to work for a company in California, moved to Washington state and telecommuted to the CA company. Since I always worked in WA I never had to pay CA state income tax even though my business was in CA. This is the same thing for Apple. They live in CA/USA but their "job" paid them money outside the US, therefore, why...
http://www.lyric.honeywell.com/ lots of info and videos
Finally got into their website and found dimensions; 3' dia x 1" thick, just about the same as the Nest. One thing I noticed was the battery it uses. It looks like a typical AA battery while the Nest uses a lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which is supposed to work for several years.   I really wish Honeywell would have entered with a much lower price, something under $200 would have been better than almost $300. This isn't an iWatch after all. :-)    
Yes in some ways. I should include equitable way of taxing but at least in the US too many people could care less about supporting the country, other than to pay for guns and bombs, and simply insist they should get all kinds of support without contributing. I'm not talking about the disadvantaged people, I'm talking about corporations, investors, people who have more money than they need (made on the backs of others), farmers, grossly high paid athletes and crazy owners,...