or Connect

Posts by rob53

Apple's support page says it "can" impact the sensor. It all depends on the tattoo or other skin change, how dark the tattoo is and probably how opaque the area right under the sensors is. I'm sure Apple tested the watch on people with tattoos as well as people with all skin colors (not the same as saying colored people), which is why the watch has the ability to adjust its intensity. The person or persons having issues just have more opaque tattoos. Apple can't test...
Didn't see that little CM in the corner so my analysis is even better than I thought!
Apple's on a roll on miniaturization. First the new MacBook with a complete, full featured computer (not part of it like the Intel stick) motherboard in 4x1.5 inches, then a remarkable Apple Watch S1 in less than 2x2 inches. For those complaining that it's performance doesn't match a Mac Pro, look at what Apple crammed into so little space. I would say the Apple Watch is as powerful as many cut-rate PCs of today and comparable to a regular Mac from the turn of the century....
Here we go again with the "Other" manufacturers leading the group. It's the same as with smartphones. How many of the "others" are nothing more than a dumb screen with a few options? I'd like to see categories of tablets instead of lumping them all together. Go ahead and put Samsung, Microsoft, and a few others into the same category as Apple's offerings, then actually define what the "other" category actually includes so we can make our own judgment whether they belong in...
I own a Subaru with four wheels. I don't see Ford or Chevy taking Subaru to court over having the same number of wheels. Does someone own a patent on having one camera on a phone?  What two phones do you have that have multiple cameras? Are they specifically for 3D? If so, that's a different usage anyway so they aren't the same.
From https://www.apple.com/pr/pdf/q2fy15datasum.pdf "Units in thousands, Revenue in millions" It doesn't say shipments or sales on their chart, which I am interpreting as sales so you don't have to apologize for your 61.6M (actually 61.7M) iPhones sold. @tzeshan  Easy to find actual sales numbers at Apple.  Samsung's 2015 Q1 statement, I didn't find any sales numbers other than revenue. I'm not using hearsay numbers from non-Samsung...
There's that specific term again, "probably." Everyone can guess how many products anyone shipped or sold. I want to know numbers, not guesses. Samsung doesn't release shipping or sales information, the guesses are coming from Strategy Analytics, whoever they are. Apple releases sales information at their quarterly financial calls so we have a much better idea about their product "sales." As for your comment about the number of S5 models sold, can you point me to a Samsung...
Fine, but I'm still waiting for actual numbers. A "large number" compared to what? How much is a large number? I'd really like to know some factual information instead of generalizations. I'm not assuming you have those actual numbers and I actually wonder if Samsung even knows how many phones they actually sold. They can determine how many they shipped but getting valid numbers back on sales might be difficult when many are given away or "sold" for free as part of a...
When do we get to see a breakdown of Samsung "smartphone" models? I'd like to see how many of them are actually simply throwaway feature phones.
As for iFixit's repairability score of 1, I can see the Apple Watch being a zero but these scores are fine with me as long as they never need to be repaired. The new MacBook isn't a model I see 99.99% of buyers ever wanting to upgrade. Of course, everyone on this forum upgrades everything they can but this laptop hopefully is sized properly for the intended audience and will just keep on running for years to come. Of course, as with any Apple laptop, I'd make sure I bought...