or Connect

Posts by rob53

Yes in some ways. I should include equitable way of taxing but at least in the US too many people could care less about supporting the country, other than to pay for guns and bombs, and simply insist they should get all kinds of support without contributing. I'm not talking about the disadvantaged people, I'm talking about corporations, investors, people who have more money than they need (made on the backs of others), farmers, grossly high paid athletes and crazy owners,...
I understand Apple is obeying the local laws but I know the real reason the EU is going after Apple and others is because they don't have any money and haven't figured out a legal and fair way of taxing their people to finance their countries.
It was funny over the weekend when my account showed the additional shares but with the closing price on Friday. I know this will change this morning but it was a fun thrill. It will take some time to adjust to the reduced share price when a 1 point rise is close to a 1% change instead of it being a 1/7% rise.
If John actually got any information from Apple, then the Apple employee will end up being fired, especially after Apple got all those "cops" to check on leaks in China. John isn't above the law and neither are the Apple employees.   So, until Apple announces it, it isn't FACT.
I would rather see more developer days in Cupertino and around the world than packing more people into one auditorium. Apple could rent the new Levi Stadium (49ers new home) and show the keynote on their 13,000 sq-ft Jumbotron before 68,500 developers but how are those developers supposed to have any one-on-one time with Apple engineers? Apple brought 1000 engineers to WWDC but Apple would need to empty out Cupertino to satisfy everyone's needs. How many developers (and...
I don't remember being able to view the WWDC videos unless I was logged into ADC but this year I can, https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2014/. I can view all the current and previous videos without being a developer. I understand being there is worth a lot but having the videos lets me watch everything that went on, replaying parts I needed to hear again. I wasn't presented with an NDA agreement so I'm looking at these presentations as being open to all.
"With the Beats deal, Apple is thought to have paid some $2.5 billion for Beats Music and only $500 million for the firm's headphone business." Wait a minute. I've read the cost distribution is the other way around. I've read only $500 million for Beats Music streaming and the rest for Beats Electronics. Who's correct? $500M is not that much for a new streaming music system.
So, do you feel AAPL will drop before COB Friday because of the current orders? Do these include shorts? I'm just wondering how much last minute insanity will happen before the split. Once the market opens Monday, do you see a lot of initial activity to reinstate equity and option orders? Will these mess everything up (stock down) or do you see it taking off? I'm just glad Apple doesn't run its business like the insane stock market.
I see the Sandy Bridge requirement as a CPU/GPU power requirement to stream 1080p videos over HTML5. They probably also haven't tested it on anything older to see if it runs well enough. As for encryption, I believe that is being handled by Yosemite's new CryptoWeb (and other new things mentioned in the keynote).
I actually have some information on testing Netflix under Yosemite. This doesn't violate the NDA because it has nothing to do with Yosemite but with Netflix.    I installed Yosemite this morning and accessed Netflix. It still asked for the Silverlight installation. I used their live chat and after the person checked with tech support I found out they are only allowing Macs with a Sandy Bridge or later CPU to run HTML5. I am hoping this is only for initial testing but...