or Connect

Posts by rob53

You do realize this is in San Francisco don't you. Last snow that actually stuck was back in 1976 (http://ggweather.com/sf/snow.html).
I checked out the original article and there are "regular sized all-glass doors in the non-sliding bays which would act as the primary access points for the store when the full-height doors are closed. There are two sets of doors from the redesigned plaza behind the store as well." The large sliding doors open up the center portion of the store. On a nice day in SF (happens all the time), this could provide some nice ventilation to get rid of all the body odor smell from...
We might as well get ready for embedded tracking devices like you see in the movies. Just inject them into our bodies and Google will know where everyone is and what they're doing. Wait, Google already knows all of this and they give the NSA and all its advertisers all that information!   I don't wear a watch anymore, no glasses except for driving, and no adornments (tats, piercings, earrings, etc.). I'm the minority so wearable technology will come and people will...
Dick, SFBay East Bay is only one of the high foreclosure areas. Go 50-70 miles east along I-580 and you'll find the worst foreclosure area in California; Stanislaus County. Back to the subject. TheOtherGeoff had some good additional information as well, like buying a bank and issuing its own credit/debit cards that would work with Apple's mobile payment system. Of course, that means they'd have to worry about late payments and other things but maybe Wall Street would...
This would be fine with me. Does this transaction charge include the credit card companies' charge as well? Probably not. I wish Apple would bypass the credit card companies and act as the bank as well. This might be more difficult for Apple to get approval for but there are already too many middlemen in the purchase operation. I'd rather pay using my iPhone, through iTunes or whatever Apple would use, then direct transfer money from my bank to Apple getting rid of the...
Hasn't PayPal been in the news in the last few years about being hacked or the ability to easily hack it? If Apple can provide a single source mobile payment system, why bring in a secondary product that could be hacked? Yes, iTunes accounts could be hacked but I'm reading much more positive articles about Apple's security than others. I've also read stories about PayPal holding onto your money instead of just processing your order. 
I had my iPhone 5s (no screen protector yet) in my left hand and my Swiss Army watch (sapphire crystal) in my right. I rubbed both and the watch felt slightly smoother. Using my index finger to swipe, I felt the tiniest amount of drag on the iPhone and almost none on the watch. People will say one feels better than the other but they feel just about the same to me. Of course, a dirty iPhone screen has more drag than a clean one.
I know this article is about the Red Bull channel but I worry about many of the other supposedly free channels available through Apple TV. Many of them require a subscription to an existing cable TV account. I know many people are dumping cable TV but does this mean you have to pay for all the available channels even those that are normally free broadcasts (PBS, WatchABC, etc.). WatchABC requires a subscription through a provider. Once you add up all the subscription...
You do realize that numbers can be manipulated by anyone. In the early days of the iPhone it was easy to have 50% growth YoY because there were much fewer iPhones. Now there are millions of iPhones. Growth of 6.7% can easily be the equivalent number of iPhones as 50% was a couple years ago. Apple is selling iPhones but it gets more difficult to sell the same percentage more every year. This is simple math.
What a bunch of garbage. Apple has never competed in the low end of any product they have ever made. Apple continues to grow anyway. It develops new products it sees fit to market. It doesn't drop a ton of garbage every third Wednesday like others do. Do you realize how many of these low end products end up being sold at throw-away stores a few weeks after they are released? Apple isn't involved in this market because it doesn't have to be. The winner isn't the company...