or Connect

Posts by rob53

Must be new to Apple products. iOS is the operating system on iPhones and iPads, it's not a piece of hardware, which is what the Mac is. iOS and OSX are actually fairly compatible, in fact a whole lot more compatible than they used to be. iPads are a special use product that works for a whole lot of people. Maybe they don't work for you but suggesting Apple build something similar to a Surface is embarrassing. The Surface is a product looking for a solution. Is it a tablet...
Not just Facebook. Ancestry.com (and others) already have a DNA component to their databases. They say it makes it easier to locate relatives but we all know what happens when certain groups collect this type of information, it ends up in the hands of government officials who end up using it to locate people of interest to them, regardless of how it's obtained. Maybe I've watched too many movies but DNA seems to be the one thing about a person that is unique (except for...
Not Apple's fault. Google requires certain specs and they didn't feel the original Apple TV met them.  I know you were being sarcastic but for those who don't read or understand this, I made sure they understood why YouTube isn't on older Apple TVs. Of course, I'm still upset these channels still require a cable or satellite service. They're just cluttering up my screen and forcing Apple to come up with a better channel guide.
It's ironic that the DOJ continues to pick on Apple on everything they do. "Discussions" like the one purported to being taken between Apple and the labels is business as usual in just about every other line of business. The oil/gas company does it all the time. Doctors and insurance companies buy off each other as well. Let's not even get started with the unethical things Amazon and Google do all the time. Apple doesn't sell user's information, they encrypt as much data...
@Kenn, what you don't realize is you only invested $13/share in the company and that money only went to Apple if you invested during their IPO. Otherwise, all you're doing is gambling your money in the Wall Street crap shoot. Unless someone can prove me wrong, after the IPO, there has been a fixed number of stocks (adjusted for splits and buy backs) that Wall Street has gambled with. Apple doesn't owe AAPL gablers/investors anything, they only owe people who've bought...
Apple's support page says it "can" impact the sensor. It all depends on the tattoo or other skin change, how dark the tattoo is and probably how opaque the area right under the sensors is. I'm sure Apple tested the watch on people with tattoos as well as people with all skin colors (not the same as saying colored people), which is why the watch has the ability to adjust its intensity. The person or persons having issues just have more opaque tattoos. Apple can't test...
Didn't see that little CM in the corner so my analysis is even better than I thought!
Apple's on a roll on miniaturization. First the new MacBook with a complete, full featured computer (not part of it like the Intel stick) motherboard in 4x1.5 inches, then a remarkable Apple Watch S1 in less than 2x2 inches. For those complaining that it's performance doesn't match a Mac Pro, look at what Apple crammed into so little space. I would say the Apple Watch is as powerful as many cut-rate PCs of today and comparable to a regular Mac from the turn of the century....
Here we go again with the "Other" manufacturers leading the group. It's the same as with smartphones. How many of the "others" are nothing more than a dumb screen with a few options? I'd like to see categories of tablets instead of lumping them all together. Go ahead and put Samsung, Microsoft, and a few others into the same category as Apple's offerings, then actually define what the "other" category actually includes so we can make our own judgment whether they belong in...
I own a Subaru with four wheels. I don't see Ford or Chevy taking Subaru to court over having the same number of wheels. Does someone own a patent on having one camera on a phone?  What two phones do you have that have multiple cameras? Are they specifically for 3D? If so, that's a different usage anyway so they aren't the same.