or Connect

Posts by FjordPrefect

"the HP TouchPad, the Research in Motion (RIM) PlayBook, and others" OMG that's funny!
Cannold worries, "hasn%u2019t Apple seen how the competition makes fun of these events in commercials?" Really? Really?? Really??? Mr. Cannold, do you not get that Apple DOESN'T CARE that their competitors make fun of them and, in fact, it's actually great advertising for them? Apple doesn't hire these people to sit outside of their stores all night long, they just do it - it's not like Apple can stop people from getting excited about their products. Samsung and...
@maestro64 - You might be spot on with your theory. On a similar note, what Apple might be calling the iWatch could be indeed a wrist device, but with an angle no one has ever thought of before. To use the iPad as an example again, I recall that when everyone was waiting for it to be announced, most consumers seemed to be expecting something akin to the old Windows tablets, with maybe a stylus and some full-blown version of OS X. Instead, they took the idea of a portable...
This is for the iPad, I guarantee it.
I see this ad as a part of a common thematic thread that's seems to be appearing throughout Apple's culture. Maybe it's just coincidence but there's been an undercurrent of "made in America" popping up in Apple's activity this year and I think some of it is subtly aimed at Samsung. 1) Apple's pushing designed in California why? Maybe to differentiate themselves from Samsung in a way that the Korean company can't copy or combat (imagine "designed by Samsung in Seoul" - it...
Pandora's OK, but it has its limits unless you pay for a subscription; same with Spotify (and while it has no bearing on the function of the service, the meaningless name "Spotify" annoys me). I think Apple could easily provide the same service as both Pandora and Spotify but perhaps with better implementation. Personally, I pretty much only use Pandora when I'm in my car with the kids (that Disney channel is a life saver) or I'm doing some other activity where I'm not...
Yikes, I wonder how having an OS running on top of another OS will affect battery life, and data usage for that matter? I do a WHOLE lot of other things with my phone besides check facebook, i suspect many others do as well.
Well I'm excited. He seems to be taking this pretty seriously and it shows. Can't wait!
I've used a Surface for a day or two and while the hardware is beautifully designed, overall it's a big fail on many, many counts. Had Microsoft avoided the idea of including RT and just gone with the Metro part on a tablet without all of the extra laptop-like baggage, they might have had something people are interested in. As it stands, the Surface is basically a stunted laptop (or a beefed-up netbook) selling at a premium price. While I was testing out the Surface, I...
We heart Tim.