or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

I'd say quite a bit of both with a healthy dose of FUD on top.... 
 1. Not denied. Denied as a "backdoor", and more specifically, as a backdoor for access by .... anyone uninvited. It IS a diagnostic tool. In fact. Really. 2. No need to toss up a 'cloud of doubt'. There's a link. To the pages on the Apple site that explain specifically "what type of diagnostics it handles". 3. As noted by others, it is NOT an "exploit". As also noted by others, it is NOT an "open door" either. How is it an open door? If you live in a locked house, and...
 Well, we're not exactly "putting payments into a phone".... this won't need to involve the phone companies at all (any more than you making an online purchase from Amazon involves your phone company). No, this is simply about providing a secure interface/communication protocol and an interface to it. These already exist as standards. How do you think many disparate companies and cards can all be processed through a single payment terminal? If, for example, a secure...
 My iPad 1 lasted almost 4 years. I "retired" it by making it my sister's first iPad. She loves it (she studies linguistics, and reads constantly, so it works real well for her), and it shows no signs of giving up yet. The battery still holds a full charge (she says 8~9 hours a day of use), and the screen is bright as ever...  I replaced it with a Retina iPad Mini early this year. I wanted to wait for one with a Touch ID (assuming Apple is heading that way next-fen), but...
I'm pretty sure a lot of people are holding off on buying new or replacement iPads, specifically waiting for the next-gen with Touch ID, etc.    I almost didn't buy my Retina iPad Mini early this year, after having experienced Touch ID on the 5S for a few months... one becomes spoiled in a hurry. I considered waiting, but then seeing that the new ones weren't likely until September or so, went ahead and pulled the trigger (needed it sooner)...   I'll still probably...
 I imagine that any changes significant enough to trigger an ID confirmation, such as a major alteration to gait (broken leg, whatever),  wouldn't result in a recurring "nag" (having to enter your password every few minutes). That's historically more of a Microsoft technique... :P This appears to be a 'learning system', so once you confirm it's you (complete with that new gimpy gait), it'll adjust. At least, that's how I would expect it to behave, coming from Apple...  For...
 As far as I know, the oleophobic coating has nothing to do with scratch resistance, and is entirely meant for helping to reduce fingerprints (and to ease cleaning those prints and oil-based smudges off of the screen).
probably coincidence, but I found it interesting that the epicenter of the break seems to be right where they had applied heat from the lighter...
I scoured the Beats website and googled for information about the basic frequency response of Beats products (headphones, earbuds, speakers)... not. one. word. about it. A search of the Beats websites for "frequency response" yields "no results". Seriously nothing, aside from a few third-party DIY audiophiles on Google that made FR graphs comparing various headphones... and those are all over the map. Every mainstream tech, news, reporting and review outlet is...
 while mine involve huge sums of money and a rack full of Mac Pros..... meanwhile, I'm too 'paranoid' to easily allow some dev stealing my data.... :P