or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Name one "substantial bill" that has come out of the House, that Reid has "blocked" (and how he has done that "blocking" exactly), and we'll talk more. Until then, I call hooey, hogwash AND simple-minded propaganda....
 Of course I do... I went to school before they all but removed Social Studies (aka "how our Constitutional Republic works") from the curriculum...  I'll be more specific just for you: "the do nothing (Republican-majority) House, and obstructionist do-nothing Republican minority in the Senate", collectively referred to as, "The Do-nothing Congress".  I'm pretty sure you already understood all that, but I thought I ought to clarify nonetheless. Claro? 
 no that's spelled "moran".... as in, "get it right, moran!"
 mhm.... let's not ignore the wisdom of "quality over quantity"...   I'm guessing roughly 50 of those 200 are related to repealing the ACA. Another 50 hastily cobbled together and forced through with a slim margin related to undermining specific sections (aka line-item disruption) of the ACA and... Another 50 "sense of Congress" bills pushed through hastily to protest the very existence of the ACA... Another 40 bills related to lowering taxes on the rich while cutting...
I hope the timing of these lawsuits are as obvious to the courts as they are to us.   Perhaps they felt that Beats was too small a player to bother with until now? Now that it has the financial backing of Apple, yes, deep pockets indeed...   Why didn't they bring these suits a couple of years ago? I think Beats has been advertising noise cancellation tech for at least that long.     Another thought... The Beats deal is NOT final yet. Perhaps the suits are less about...
 I'd say quite a bit of both with a healthy dose of FUD on top.... 
 1. Not denied. Denied as a "backdoor", and more specifically, as a backdoor for access by .... anyone uninvited. It IS a diagnostic tool. In fact. Really. 2. No need to toss up a 'cloud of doubt'. There's a link. To the pages on the Apple site that explain specifically "what type of diagnostics it handles". 3. As noted by others, it is NOT an "exploit". As also noted by others, it is NOT an "open door" either. How is it an open door? If you live in a locked house, and...
 Well, we're not exactly "putting payments into a phone".... this won't need to involve the phone companies at all (any more than you making an online purchase from Amazon involves your phone company). No, this is simply about providing a secure interface/communication protocol and an interface to it. These already exist as standards. How do you think many disparate companies and cards can all be processed through a single payment terminal? If, for example, a secure...
 My iPad 1 lasted almost 4 years. I "retired" it by making it my sister's first iPad. She loves it (she studies linguistics, and reads constantly, so it works real well for her), and it shows no signs of giving up yet. The battery still holds a full charge (she says 8~9 hours a day of use), and the screen is bright as ever...  I replaced it with a Retina iPad Mini early this year. I wanted to wait for one with a Touch ID (assuming Apple is heading that way next-fen), but...
I'm pretty sure a lot of people are holding off on buying new or replacement iPads, specifically waiting for the next-gen with Touch ID, etc.    I almost didn't buy my Retina iPad Mini early this year, after having experienced Touch ID on the 5S for a few months... one becomes spoiled in a hurry. I considered waiting, but then seeing that the new ones weren't likely until September or so, went ahead and pulled the trigger (needed it sooner)...   I'll still probably...